1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Repair Box Restriction

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Scourge Argaen, 12 Nov 2017.

1. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

In short, I'd like to see a form of block on picking up the boxes from the repair box launcher if you're at 100% health. It's frustrating to see own team members actively making it a point to sweep them up when you're getting them prepped for your team. It's a needless waste of resources.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I like that one.

Scourge Argaen and The Otherguy like this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I like the idea, but it could be argued that a player who deliberately wastes his team’s resources, deserves to drop infamy.

If a player doesn’t have the sense to leave his own teams repair boxes, then why give him a free pass to higher infamy? Half the reason I’m trying to raise my infamy is to get away from players like that.

I certainly don’t ever need the unfriend’s repair boxes, but if I can I’ll sweep them up just to deprive them. I would expect to be able to do that regardless of my health, so it might be a bit inconsistent if a healthy ship is able to sweep enemy boxes for advantage, but not his own team’s for disadvantage.

Scourge Argaen and The Otherguy like this.
  4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Restrictions is good idea, blaming teammate is not.You can throw damned boxes any where you like and what team isn't supposed to go through that path. While I m focussing on my position,I don't care where box has been thrown or am I consuming box even tho I have 100% HP(applies to anyone except speeder, since every one doesn't have speed to cover entire map,have to adjust around a particular spot)

AGAIN I like the idea ,but totally against you blaming teammates (SOMETIMES THEY CAN BE DUMB,BUT NOT ALWAYS)

OR SHOULD I start blaming fixers for dropping box on enemy mines or exactly where mortar projectile is gonna land[NO OFFENSE TO YOU BRO:)]

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Quit blaming people. This should be applied! Why would you want to pick up a box at full health anyway?

The Otherguy and Scourge Argaen like this.
  6. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

In some cases full health or not you can't avoid running over the box in every scenario. It would be nice to drive over it at 100% health and see it still there. If a fixer throws it in your path (at full health) should you avoid it "yes" but if it's out where you might be retreating from a mortar target and you either avoid the target or take the damage well you decide. Consider as a fixer it is also your job to place boxes in strategic places and if need be closer to an object and out of a main thoroughfare. (I presume this is more of an early battle issue as opposed to a mid to late battle scenario).

7. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

It sounds as though I've not necessarily explained it sufficiently so for those getting overly excited, lighting torches and sharpening pitch forks let me clarify:

- Where a fixer throws it in front of a person's path, that's down the fixer.
    - Where a person has no choice but to take a particular route to avoid unfriendly shots, no problem! The hit will hurt more than the box will heal.
    - Where it's blatantly obvious that a player has changed their course to get a box which isn't required, that's my issue.

As a fixer, I've played enough games to be confident in how to place boxes so friendlies have ample space to get by. I recognise people will go over boxes unintentionally/unwillingly and this is not targetting the player base, this is again just for those who purposely see a freshly laid box and can't resist the urge to pick it up.

No offense taken from anyone, hope that's made it a bit clearer.

@WaveMaker - That would be correct, mid to late game there's not generally any opportunity to plant boxes so this is an issue early battle.
    @Babablacksheep - Totally guilty of gift wrapping mines! Just not the unfriendlies.

If we really wanted to start trouble.. Allow friendlies to trigger own mines with it being the only weapon in game that can't be blocked or used by your own team :p

Exit stage right?

The Otherguy and Babablacksheep like this.
  8. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I don’t mind the box pick up so much at full health. What bugs me more is when you drop your box for yourself and you and your shooter “Klingon” happen to be at the same place when it lands. Normally they get the health and you do without. Even if your the one with lower health. In the event of a box landing and two ships being in the pickup radius at that point it should go to the one with the lowest health.

9. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    It's whoever is closest to the center.

10. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

Yeah I assumed it would be something like that just a bit narked at that’s point as I have had a few games today where I had my health box stolen. Just a bit of rant.

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

Not trying to grind axes or torch burn it's a good suggestion you should add it to the next update thread.
    I just like perusing the forum and comment on topics of interest.