1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Renamed weapons

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheAntiSnipe, 8 Nov 2017.

?

Could this be awesome?

Poll closed 15 Nov 2017.
  1. Ya!

50.0%
  2. Maybe, with some mods...

37.5%
  3. Nope!

12.5%
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

With the guild update, a lot of people have been getting epics from the legendary raffle. What I would like in the next update is a cosmetic upgrade, which distinguishes items from where they were acquired. I'll leave the names to the devs, but it would be cool to see somebody hit by a Bhurt's Own Blast cannon.

2. TheAntiSnipe

3. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

I'm down, would be pretty cool... maybe if there were like sets of items this way you can collect them... ex.
    Bhurt's own blast cannon
    Bhurt's own Sniper
    Sinklair's Big boo-boo bandage
    Sinklair's Happy Torpedoe
    Maybe if you have the whole set of items they get boosted... and this will make a guild trading system cooler:p:D

Last edited: 8 Nov 2017
    Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

....and completing a full set gives your ship unique particle effects! How neat would that be?

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  5. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Can u explain that in a bit more detail? :p
    I didn't get exactly what u r trying to say there!

6. TheAntiSnipe

Suppose you got an epic from a free crate. You were totally hyped. And then you go to the item description. And there, instead of the usual white text, you see this:
    "Bhurt's Own Precision Sniper Cannon".
    Basically, where there is a 100% chance of getting the item, the item is standard. But when there is a low chance, the item gets grades. Like, "Threatening", "Nasty", "Million-dollar", or something like that. I'll let y'all think about the names.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Tirth2_

Okh so thats sub levels in normal levels!
    Well thats a great idea! Should have some special stats too! Like sniper critical hit boost to 20% or something as a base stat! :p

8. TheAntiSnipe

Naw, no stat boosts, just cosmetic appeal. Also, a person hit or killed by such a weapon will see unique effects. Like if somebody gets hit by Mortimer's Specialized LRM, they see stars on top of their ship. And instead of the red text, they see the rarity of the weapon title as color of the text.

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Tirth2_

Ok! But a bit of stats boost will be sweet!

10. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Increase the critical hit damage but not the chance please don't increase the chance

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

No, no NO. NO EFFECTS ABOVE COSMETIC ONES PLEASE. Do you peeps want it implemented or not?

The Otherguy and ViscountSniffit like this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think it’s a cute idea, and it’s a nice incentive for players, to have status symbols ‘money can’t buy’. :)

13. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Small cosmetic add-ons/skins like this have proven to be quite successful in other games. Even if they add no functionality to the game.

This is similar to the other threads mentioning custom skins for boats, so we could have a bit of style on the bay. I also think this would be very successful!

This is a great idea! The original sounds (while epic) lose there flare from the thousands of times we hear them. Imagine joining a Battle and hearing a completely different sound! Special graphics would pop up specifically for those items as well.

Well...whales could just farm epic crates until they get something special...but I see what you are saying ;)