1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding Tesla bolt

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mad_Bulls_007, 13 Feb 2018.

?

Should Tesla Bolt be inactive while a ship is on fire(including napalm, fire bomb and flare)?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Tesla Bolt duration should be reduced to half when the ship is on fire

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Ok, before you guys come hard on me, let me say why am i even suggesting this.
    Right now in nightmare league the flare and the Explosive Cannon is little bit too OP ,and when a speeder flares you, ur healing is reduced and on top of that if ur stunned, u have left with no healing and ur receiving dmg from flare. And the damage from the ex cannon is massive(around 2.6k dmg). So inorder to balance the playing field for shooter, defender(mainly defender) and fixer i am suggesting this.
    I know this is my first post, but i couldn't hide the fact that flare and ex cannon is a little bit too OP. I know this is a nerf to speeder and enforcer , but lets be honest It seriously requires some attention.
    Making Tesla bolt inactive when a ship is on fire would make other ships defend itself from a speeder without the fear of being stunned. I don't know if this is too harsh on speeders but would love hear it from u guys..:)
    I would love to hear any other suggestion from you guys, and lets keep it in a constructive way please, no need to be harsh on me..:rolleyes:

• Percy • and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  2. Blueee

Blueee Active Member

Always In The Bay!!
    Being a a Speeder with a Explosive Cannon, And a Blast cannon, I don’t really think it should be nerfed, I’m not in nightmare league, but I understand what you feel, well, I’m still safe in Master league. Good luck up there in the Nightmare!

Last edited: 25 Feb 2018
  3. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

As a fixer, I don't feel it needs a nerf right now, as much as I hate it. I'm quite comfortable in knowing the opposing team will likely shoot it off or I can sit in the edge of a mortar shot to get rid and take a little damage as a price in doing so.

• Percy • and Iunch like this.
  4. Earel

Earel Active Member

Burn fixed to half ... try get more hp, dodge stun, or stun speeder first. Be patient fixer always punching bag.

• Percy • likes this.
  5. Mad_Bulls_007

Now imagine ur self in a 1 on 1 situation, the speeders always have an upper hand because of bolt. They flare u then stun u and wait for u to die.. so easy.. But making it inactive will even the odds.. just saying..:rolleyes:

• Percy • likes this.
  6. Mad_Bulls_007

Well ,what I can see is most of u guys are just viewing the post but not voting.. A single vote wouldn't hurt no one..ty;)

• Percy • likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Most speeder mains(including me) who are F2P will tell you we have it hard. Also, raptors are meant to duel. If you are in a 1v1 with a pro speeder it's already GGs.

Unfortunately, the skill ceiling means that speeders are already semipro to pro when they enter Nightmare. In short, looking at how NML reacts to nerfs, I clearly see speeders and enfos as being hyper-adaptive.

I voted for half-stun, because all too often, I've left fixers dying in peace, stunned and burning at 47 a tick with my t4 rare and a stun that lasts 10 seconds.

Speeders are the answer to high value high threat targets and thus need their stuns. However, they should not rely on stuns to the point that it's impossible to even react, as you said. So I guess half duration is fair 'nuf.

May I suggest that this only happen AFTER you gain the healblock talent? Otherwise early game tesbolt speeders will suffer.

8. Mad_Bulls_007

Don't forget about the Tesla shield which is super hard to break for a FTP. So, in general a speeder with good Tesla bolt,Tesla shield is a little bit over powering in the end..

But , I get what your trying to say, being a FTP speeder is tough and 1 on 1 with a good shooter is always difficult..

But, what about defenders.. they r slow ,they r bulky and I think it'll be really tough for them to cope up with the speed of speeder constantly stunning and using flare.:confused:

• Percy • likes this.
  9. Mad_Bulls_007

Ok.. forget about this thread..lol.. increasing the duration of Tesla bolt is a nice Nerf anyways.. :)
    Thank you Devs.. much appreciated..;):)
    I think u guys can block this thread.. but keep only the toll open for all just to see the responses ..:p

• Percy • likes this.
  10. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

So the new update increases the tesla bolt cooldown to 20 sec, which is almost equal to the railgun which does pretty high damage. But what about tesla bolt its the only thing that keeps speeders safe and helps evade. Having such high cooldown will be very hard for regular tesla bolt users. Everyone will be opting for tesla shield now. So what do u guys think. Should the cooldown be decreased ?
    Tesla bolt is the....sorry.....was the most friendly gear for the speeders after OB.
    #rip_TB

• Percy • likes this.
  11. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I think the new 20 sec cooldown is a good move. When people have 14 or even 15 sec duration in their TB, don't you think 13 sec cooldown was little short earlier?

• Percy • and KilledWhale like this.
  12. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

14 or 15 sec duration in TB is very rare. Only one guy in the game has this maxed out TB with 15/16 sec duration i think rest all others 9/9.5 duration in average.
    With 20 sec cooldown they almost killed TB. 15-16 sec CD duration would have done the balancing work

13. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

And what about people with 10 second duration??
    Geez it's not all about top 50 players..

14. Swaf

Swaf Member

Idk what league your in the majority of nightmare speeders have t5 maxed bolts. My crappy t2 bolt is almost 10 secs

• Percy • likes this.
  15. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Did the tesla bolt really needed balance? NONONONONONONO

With the stun resistance the item was actuall balanced.

• Percy • and Wrecked like this.
  16. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

New motto of Battle Bay - Play Shooter or die.

Sad actually.

17. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

I play my mk5 Enforcer with Tesla Bolt and Tesla Shield. Now i'll have to wait 20 second for both.

• Percy • likes this.
  18. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think you may have hit the nail square on the head with that. I tend to switch between shooter and speeder anyway, so we'll see what effects the changes have

19. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I have level 45 Rare TB with 11 sec duration so I would say 12-13+ seconds is pretty common when it comes to Epics. I don't want people to think I never used yellow ships myself - actually Speeder has always been the ship I used the most. And yes, I still use TB on my Speeder setup.

20. Mad_Bulls_007

Oh My!! Use a over boost instead of bolt.. and for mk6 use 2 Tesla Shield.. That's how Enforcer r played..:) Usually bolt is not preferred for an Enforcer..