1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduced Upgrading Cost Days

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Scourge Argaen, 4 Dec 2018.

1. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Now we have 8 ships in the game, the upgrade requirements for those without fat wallets are pretty hefty.

It would be nice to see maybe for 2-3 days a month or 1 week a quarter where ship upgrade requirements are reduced by half. This would be a helpful boost in levelling ships, new ones especially to a playable standard and get more of their presence in the game.

TheAntiSnipe and benguin8 like this.
  2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Think this from Rovio point of view: there could be some unwanted side effects. Why would anyone upgrade their ships at other times when they can just hoard the ship pieces for three weeks and then use them all when a discount day arrives. Of course I also agree that upgrade costs are too high but in my opinion this is not the way to solve the problem.

TheAntiSnipe and Ash KOT like this.
  3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    they have improved one thing . now its not 56 pieces for 20 coins but 100 pieces for 30 coins . and sometimes you get 300 and 3000 which is rare . but its better then before and comparing upgradation time my shooter is lvl 22 and interceptor is lvl23 which took less time then shooter .

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Its not an improvement :)
    3 boxes used to cost 60 coins, and would net you between 195 and 15000 ship pieces.
    Now with 60 coins you can only buy 2 boxes, which will net you between 200 and 6000 ship pieces.
    So if you have bad luck then you will earn 5 more pieces per 60 coins spent, however there is a MUCH smaller chance of rolling the bigger jackpots.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

There should never be a "on every third Monday sale" but to the OP, Rovio could do with having more sporadic, short-lived, fire sales. The current "deals" are not much of deals at all. Case in point is you can normally get 6500 pearls for $50....OR... when its a deal you get a free 650k gold... oooooohhhhh. Stop having 100 instances of your special offer in stock and have 1 of something really amazing where the entire game population will buy it.

I am also for having more events where sugar or gold were boosted for a few days. Those were fun.

6. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

On reflection, we need to consider the players too. I agree it may not be fantastic on Rovio's behalf and true players could stock pile. I imagine some players are doing that anyway, I know I am. The first 2 ships are very difficult to level up due to the long grind nature of them. I see an Interceptor maybe once or twice a night and a Reaper once or twice a week. The difficulty in levelling these makes them a liability at best and I don't think I've seen either above ship level 40.

So whilst it may not solve the problem, it's an option to give players a bit of a boost. It's also not like we haven't seen these before. If I recall, they offered either 50% or 100% increase to gold or sugar yields from matches but it's been quite some time since.

TheAntiSnipe and SWAT0013 like this.