1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Realist or Dreamer?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Y0ur_Fath3r, 12 Jul 2018.

Tags:
?

Which boat?

1. Enforcer

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Shooter

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Both

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Y0ur_Fath3r

Y0ur_Fath3r Member

Should i be a shooter or enforcer? I do like to play enforcer (Dreamer) as it fits my playstyle. But, my weapons are quite underleveled. I am only a MK4 enforcer with T3E FG and T3R BC, T1R OB, T1E TS, T2E Turbo, T1R Standard shield. Whereas my shooter is a beast and also fits my playstyle but i think it is no fun. I regularly win with my set-up of T3R SC T3R BC T3R Missile T3R Firebomb T2E Turbo T2E Big shield. I do want a recommendation as to what i should invest in. Any help is appreciated!

TheAntiSnipe and wreck your day like this.
  2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I would recommend the dreamer because games are for fun but I have a better idea. Come to the speeder circle.

3. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Which do you prefer: progress or fun?

Personally I choose fun! I'm more of the dreamer type :) I myself changed ships quite a lot in my career (shooter + fixer + speeder + enfo - fixer - shooter - speeder), and I never regretted it (other than scrapping my green item dupes). Play what you like best!

Back on topic. If I were you, I would go for both, but focus more on enforcer. Even if you don't really like shooter, you're good at it so you can use it in guild quests, and when you're bored of enfo you will have another ship to use. With the addition of events, having more usable builds is good too, since events normally favour some ships/builds over others.

Y0ur_Fath3r likes this.
  4. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

It depends on what you consider fun, shooter is just pressing lots of buttons and firing constantly until you die. Enfo is more about dodging using shields and combo weapons. I know this is a generalisation and some shooters are very skilled and dodge etc too.

Also when it's a 1vs1 I love facing a shooter but hate facing an enfo but a team of shooters working well together are very efficient!

I would keep the shooter as your lower mk ship for events as it does the most damage easily and this is what events reward and then use the enfo for infamy. I would play shooter to gain infamy whilst investing in your enfo.

Y0ur_Fath3r likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I like to overwhelm foes with damage and defence and stay mobile at the same time. That is why I play enfo. Don't believe me?
    https://replay.battlebay.net/BBSHGZWX#SHRNBCQR
    LOOK at that fight. The sheer satisfaction of charging down a rampaging defender is worth it LOL

Y0ur_Fath3r likes this.
  6. Y0ur_Fath3r

Y0ur_Fath3r Member

I only hv a T1U Tesla Bolt :(

7. Y0ur_Fath3r

Y0ur_Fath3r Member

At my infamy, everybody are either MK5 or MK6. My infamy for warrior is so high I dwarf the next player by a 1000 infamy. Enemies have at least 6k health. Defenders have 11k. I have 2.7k! 1 shot dead. Anything can break my TS. IDK how my infamy is so high tho i keep losing XD

Edit: That one shot me is BT/BB

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

At mk5 and lower, yes, that's how the game feels. But mk6 seriously feels like you can take on anything. At least in the case of yellow boats.

9. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

Totally agree : go for both. I went the "dreamer way" a long time ago when I decided I wouldn't specialize in a boat in particular and even less in a specific set-up (I play 4 different boats quite evenly). Way more fun like that, and it made me discover new weapons, set-ups and ways to play that I've enjoyed quite a bit. On top of that, it gives you a better, more complete understanding of the game.
    Now, obviously the downside is that you don't climb up the infamy ladder quite as fast. Some friends/guildmates of mine who have specialized way more now have E50 weapons because they spent their parts and cells on fewer items, and they got 3 or 4 legendary weapons as achievements whereas I still haven't got any (closing in on 10M dmg for a couple, though). They're in Ace I now and I'm still stuck in Ace II, as I have more weaps and items to level up than them, but it's totally worth it because I enjoy the game more than I would if I played only one boat.

TheAntiSnipe and wreck your day like this.
  10. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

same here bro i want to fleet my name is yellow reaper3 in hand send me a request

11. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    ?

6k health ships? 11k health defenders? Pathetic health compared to them? Keep getting 1-shotted? Then we are in the same boat. :p If you're from 2.6k to 3k infamy, then maybe we can fleet together sometime. Not that a fleet of 2 squishy enforcers/fixer + enforcer would be much of an advantage, but it will be fun! Tag's WMCBBYLD

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Y0ur_Fath3r

Y0ur_Fath3r Member

Emmmmm dropped infamy to 1500. I lost a ton ;( i can add u as friend but mebbe cant fleet. btw i am gonna get a legendary weapon soon. from the event. I already have 7/10 parts!

wreck your day likes this.
  13. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

wait wait wait , now why everyone is saying "playing shooter is boring " ? that is not acceptable and rude :mad::mad::( i love/enjoy playing shooter :)

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

I'm sure many find it soothing to play shooter, but I think many speeder/enfo/fixer mains play it simply because it's satisfying. Personally, my tastes lie in being more agile than how a shooter allows me to be, and I see the OP of this thread feels it too...

Kurd1stan. and Cricketmad like this.
  15. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Flare and BC does some serious dmg when you upgrade it real good!

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  16. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    6-7 seconds is still good

17. Y0ur_Fath3r

Y0ur_Fath3r Member

Edit: T1E Tesla
    And yes, i am testing out speeder. Though meta is ExC and Flare, i prefer blast and flare. What do speeder users out there think?

18. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

hey gg yesterday i saw that name in battle and thought it looked familiar...

19. TheAntiSnipe

I'm a blast flare speeder and recommend blast over ex. Speeding is a fast game, and having a weapon with a 12+ second CD feels unwieldy in a speederfight.

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I actually tried to make the change from Shooter to Enforcer a few months back... I was frustrated that I would regularly get 4-5 kills in a match but could not climb infamy. When I started playing Enforcer I realized how bad other Shooters are and could not stand it.. So I now believe Shooters are the most important component of a team... more guns more wins, right? That being said, a good Yellow boat is amazing, and so rare. It's a skill boat that requires mastery of the increase in maneuverability... and a keen sense of strategy. Less explosions and more fleeing. :)

More importantly, the reality set in that even to this day I still don't have good enough Enforcer Gear at 3k Infamy. I really need better than a T2E Flare and a single T3 Tesla Shield. I just got a 4th Epic Tesla copy... but no where near getting a second so I'm just an underpowered Enforcer with only occasional ability to affect a game with a few tiny guns and a breakable shield.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.