1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Raise base ship speeds

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by smooshybeann02, 6 Dec 2018.

1. smooshybeann02

smooshybeann02 New Member

I think that raising base ship speeds slightly will be more beneficial and allow for more customisation. Using a ship without a turbo is super slow and it puts you at a disadvantage. Right now, I think almost everyone uses at least one turbo, and I feel like that's not quite right. I want turbo to feel like a choice rather than a necessity.

Also, why are there max speed caps? There aren't max health caps, so why aren't we able to have as much speed as we want?

Su-57 likes this.
  2. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

I agree with the first suggestion, but...
    If you think a ship could have a speed of 2.5...then I will agree the second one,too.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.

I've always wanted to be as fast as the speeder in the video.

Su-57 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. smooshybeann02

Maybe a speed of 2.5 would be too fast. But it could be potentially balanced, if it was at a cost of much less health (shields) or healing (bandages). Maybe frost items could be made more useful, as a way to counter high speed ships.

I only added in the max speed part because it's not that difficult to max out the speed stat (especially for speeder).

5. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

I don't think frost items will be useful, we need to hit the target to slow down the ship, but a speed of 2.5 is hard to shoot.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Me too and these graphics would be nice as well!

7. smooshybeann02

Oh, I forgot that frost items require aiming. And now that i think about it, overboost and nitro would make it even harder for speeders to be hit.

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

On the flip side, if a speeder is moving too fast to be hit they will also have a pretty hard time aiming weapons like grenades.

I think the main limiting factor for speed is the size of the maps. Using a nitro with +439% brings my maxspeed up to somewhere around 6 for that 1 second and on maps like fight house and wayward it can be rather difficult to avoid hitting walls and such.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I think they should increase the base speed , specially Shooter it feel to slow .

and i want it for good reason . the reason is ' More Fun ' slow boats are not fun . if they want to make this game more attractive to new players and also want to keep old player in long run then they should make ship little more faster . sometimes when team is on other side and you know you can help to sink last ship . it feels like team is on Dark side of the Moon to far away because ship move to slow . too lazy and it feels like not fun at all . don't want it supper fast but they should increase the speed little bit so its not feel like a turtle.

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Maybe your solution is Interceptor with a yellow slot for OB/Nitro?