1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Railgun Question

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Clintastic, 8 Aug 2017.

1. Clintastic

Clintastic Member

I know that a Railguns Dmg decreases as Ships get closer but does the Dmg Increase if ships are further away?

I have a Legendary Railgun with 3 UC Dmg perks and all the training I can afford.. This gives me a Max of 1349.
    However. In my battles with this weapon I have seen several hits do over 1400, I have even seen some do over 1500. Just this morn I hit a defender from across the Bay and landed a 1432 hit This always happens when I nail a really far hit.
    Does anyone else that uses the Railgun notice this?

2. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

From my understanding the railgun does not increase its damage with further distance, it only reduces it's power when within that minimum range.
    I could be wrong, but I've never heard of it doing more damage.

3. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Yes its damage is a lil more when you fire a shot from a distance larger than the 100% arming range. In most cases it will damage around your shown value, but with greater distance the shot power increases upto around 5%, and since your railgun is legendary counting such percentage from base damage gives you a damage deal of 1400 and above.
    I've seen most legendary rails do heavy damage, one example is my speeder friend Xtracrispy2, whose t1 legendary railgun did 1.6k+ damage when its usually around 1.4k.

USS_ironsides and Clintastic like this.