1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Railgun on Yellow Ships?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Nam_Nam, 20 Feb 2018.

?

Should railgun to damage to stunned targets?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

So, I was thinking about how to promote diversity in the yellow ships- most speeders are flare+cannon or cannon+torp, enforcers are frost+mortar or flare+2xblast/flare+mine+blast. I also was thinking about how to "buff railgun" without making it OP on shooters.

My idea is to have railguns do extra damage to stunned targets, sorta like cannons and fire. Obviously, there would need to be new perks and new talents for Buzzkill.
    To me this makes sense, because railguns fire by using an incredible electric charge and a lot of magnets to... Ok whatever.
    This would make speeders (perhaps?) more diverse. This would also be a slight buff to Tesla Bolt, after the nerf. I doubt enforcers will change, but who knows?

So... what do you guys think? This is just my idea, so its up to you devs to decide.

@Dmg don
    @Miika
    @The Grim Repair
    @TheAntiSnipe

2. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Very creative idea :rolleyes: I love that.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

That cooldown on a 2 red slot ship tho'!

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I've pondered a railgun on my own speeder but it always comes back to the range issue. At least the way I pilot my speeder it's a close range combat ship. The last thing i need is a weapon which is useless at close ranges. Another point is that already I can deliver a 2 barrel combo of 1200hp damage. Any weapon with twice the cycle time would need to deliver roughly twice that damage. Do you really want a mid-grade mark-4 speeder dishing out 2500hp of burst damage -- or even 2000? That would put me in one-shot range of the bandage speeders but it's a one-shot with an R30 weapon rather than an E40 one.

wtfack likes this.
  5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I think that this is in the wrong section and I don’t like when people tag the devs unless something is urgent. They read most posts anyways. If it is a good idea, then it’ll be popular among the community and the devs will see it.

As far as the idea.... it’s interesting. But it has major flaws. Firstly, an Enforcer would be mad to equip a 2 point weapon. And then a railgun doesn’t work well on a speeder. They are usually closer range ships so the railgun damage will be less. And the speeder has the lowest turret height, so it is hard to shoot straight line weapons like the railgun over waves.

6. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I've only seen three RG speeders.
    +1 for the idea btw.

Nikkie! and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  7. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

I've equipped a big torp..
    Worked surprisingly well

8. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

Well... I've considered the issues.

Most can be worked around- They can let railgun do half of it's normal damage at close-range and adjust (something like that).
    Also, I am aware that this could be OP. This is why railgun has such a high cooldown. Remember, it does bonus damage to stunned targets.
    Good luck stunning ONE ship and hoping the stun doesn't break because of a mortar!

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There's always exceptions to the norm tho. Also, as @Nam Nam said, this is to promote diversity. Currently, there are very few plus points to running RG on a yellow boat. I know for a fact that putting it on a speeder is the closest you can get to a sniper in real life: Load, shoot, relocate. I've used it as well, and it's lit.

But perking it will give players more incentive to try the rail+snipe combo, which is awesome, btw, forget the cooldown, the burst damage more than compensates if you change the role of your speeder.

10. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    DCF91E88-B3A0-4797-AAE5-C02DB6FF98EA.png
    Used to be a railgun user back in beta. Scrapped my rare railgun, neat idea.. If added might go back to railgun again!
    +1 for diversity.

Nikkie! and PastelPiku like this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Considering Enforcers only get 1 point slots, it's pretty risky to use up two item slots for a single LONG cooldown item... at which point you are better off with a Speeder.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I've been a railgun + sniper speeder myself and I even reached nightmare league using that combo. But then I thought to myself what's the point - if I'm always going to keep distance to the enemy, then why not run a shooter and add 3 more guns on my boat. Only good thing the speeder currently has with railgun is the ability to relocate for better line of shot but that alone isn't enough. So I support the OP's idea, this might make the combo little more viable option again and bring more diversity to the game, especially after the recent EC nerf. But it's hard to say what damage multiplier would make it balanced.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

100% No, completely against it.

And by Yellow ships,its just gonna be a speeder since enfo can't equip Two slot weapon...

Speeder is a assassination boat, no point in giving an advantage long and short range

You dont have to buff a weapon to increase diversity, just starts using it effectively players will follow you

14. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Not true. So many players just use the meta.

Crashedup and Hokuse like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Two words: @Blood Raven

Nikkie!, Blood Raven and PastelPiku like this.
  16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Four words: He is shooter now

Nikkie!, Blood Raven and PastelPiku like this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

He made NM in a railgun speeder, did anyone care?

18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I use whatever this beautiful game gives me! I'm lucky to receive Explosive and Flare Gun :D:D:D

19. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I've seen some great railgun speeders, but they're rare. This might make more people try it out. Another idea, for the enforcer issue, what if there was a railgun 1pt equivalent? Kind of like the blast and ex cannons.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

I like it. Maybe with half the cooldown, half the damage, they could call it the "Mass Driver"? It could look like a cannon with those cool purple pipes coiling around it. Oh, and no minrange.