1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Railgun Damage is still a mystery.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by EyeOfDoom, 30 Oct 2017.

1. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

So even after heavily playing railguns on my main setup , I still have no idea how the railgun damage beyond 100% is calculated. Sometimes it does more than whats listed and other times it still does not do full 100% Here are my two railguns that I'm rocking right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now here is the clip that got me wondering what up with rg damage. You can see my first rg with damage perks hit that enforcer for 1245, -13, but the next one with reload perks landed for 1075, +85. Both of the shots were roughly at same range so what's the part that I'm missing?
    [​IMG]

2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Same, i have attained more damage(Than stated) while hitting FIXER, almost every time. I think it's related to defense perks. Although its variance is something that mystifies me too.
    IN SHORT,
    Less damage on shooters and defenders
    More damage on speeder,enforcer and defender

3. EyeOfDoom

Yeah, I'm very sure defence is the factor but stronger one hitting for less and weaker one hitting for more is still puzzling. I guess it's just + - random number within reasonable range.

4. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

The game has an inaccurate range of damage! Remember!
    In the first case, a shot in zone of damage reduction; in second case, in zone of damage increase.
    It's random. Unknown increase or decrease damage, and may pass unchanged.

5. Danyal khan

Danyal khan Member

Same happens to my explosive cannon.my t4 rare explosive cannon has around 750 damage but sometimes it deal 800 damage on non burning ships and sometimes less.i have read before dev stating somewhere that weapons deal damage few points more sometime and few points less.he said thats exactly how the game is designed

6. EyeOfDoom

Makes sense.so I guess it's true for everything?

7. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

Exactly.

8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I can't find the post by @Miika on it, but I believe the gist of it is that all weapons have damage variance - whether it's fixed points or a percentage I can't recall, but he stated that there is a spread so it won't always be possible to calculate exactly how hard you'll hit.

In addition, I believe the Railgun does a little more damage if you land a shot from beyond the 100% charge range, the extra % just isn't shown on the UI.

Spinners71 and The Otherguy like this.
  9. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Yeah, there is a random +/- 10%

Spinners71 and Shadow Moon! like this.
  10. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

I don’t think you read his post :)

Zusay, Cyn, EyeOfDoom and 2 others like this.
  11. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Well shit... Erm... No clue

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  12. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Also remember every weapon in the game deals it's damage PLUS up to 10% more damage, chosen randomly. So if a weapon hits for 1000, it has a chance to deal up to an extra 100 damage on any particular shot, dealing 1100 (minus defense)

13. The Otherguy

Tech support

14. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

My ex cannon hits burning enemies from 1400 to 2200 dmg (988 dmg, +57% to burning enemies. It should be 1550. but.. :D)... Not even close to 10% :D

Some proofs: proof1.png proof2.png

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. The Otherguy

Tech support
    +10% max.

16. Rock'N'Rolla

2230-1550=680. Is it 10% of 1550? =\

17. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

@Rock'N'Rolla you might want to read my answer to this too :)
    So... All weapons have variation like you said. It is % number which is +/- 10% (note: it can be +2% or -8% etc too, not just the exact number, +10% or -10%)

Variation is counted as weapon damage (not base, after all crew and perk boosts) so let's say a blast cannon (rare) with 3 rare dmg perks. Base damage is 900 and with crew and perks it gets to 1005. Now then, to target which is not burning, it can deal 1005 +/-10% which means 904,5 - 1 105,5 damage.
    To burning target it deals 1005x1,30 (fire bonus +30%) =1 306,5. AFTER that we add variation so it can be in range of 1 175,9 - 1 437,2.

Of course we have to then take away some damage points according the defence points the opponent has so it gets a bit more complicated but I assume all of you can follow how it's been calculated.

I hope this clears it out to you all who wanders how it works :)

18. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Here's an important fix for the next update @The Grim Repair.
    Let's have explosive cannons and frost torps just overpowered instead of godlike.

19. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

@godlike might disagree :rolleyes:

20. Rock'N'Rolla

That still doesn't clear me how my tiny ex cannon can deal 2200 dmg. How much can 50 epic one hit tho D:

I'll be totally okay with that fix.

Can you please explain why ex cannon doesn't deal increased to all enemies in AoE if they are burning? Mortars and torps deal increased damage to all slowed enemies they hit...
    I've already made a thread about it but got zero answers..
    P.S. One more tiny bug. Fire bomb does get damage from +%area dmg talents but flare gun doesn't get damage from +%point dmg talents. Is flare gun not a point damage weapon or what?

Thanks for your answers.

ElMataC and Miathan like this.