1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Queue Times] Maybe a solution for very high infamy players?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Snapshot, 8 Apr 2018.

1. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I ran across this comment in the "Trim the sails" thread:

It only started being annoying once I started queueing past 5k infamy. I was in the queue for 35 minutes without finding a match. Being able to do something other than wait would have been great. My fleetmate was able to chat the whole time but if I wanted to reply it kicked us out. So I sat in silence for nearly 30 minutes

I've read similar statements before. Obviously, there's a scarcity of players at those levels so the match making system struggles.

So what if the game took the nearest likely candidates and gave them a buff across the boards to damage/hp/whatever else. That buff would increase with time so the longer an unfulfilled queue sat, the more buffed lower infamy players would get until the system matched them up? Would this work out if we tuned the buff values well?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

It could work, but on the flip side, buffing the weaker lower infamy guys directly nullifies the whole idea of being a legendary whale at 5k infamy, which was to spend real $$ to gain an advantage in battle.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

That's why I wanted to buff them incrementally. The system I'm imagining would only buff them up to the point where they were a minimum acceptable match for the whales. Just as in "un-buffed" matches, the whales would still have all the advantages.

FearsomeChicken likes this.