1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Quadruple standard mortar spam

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by nuoni, 14 Jan 2018.

1. nuoni

nuoni Member

So if you check Mortimer's tree, you get two %10 cool down reduction for standard mortar cool down, making its cooldown 8 seconds only. So if you use 4 of these on a 4 slot shooter you should continuously cycle through them non stop like a machine gun.

I'm currently planning for a triple firebomb spam on my MK4 shooter, and I'm wondering if anyone is using that setup or have a replay of someone using it because it sounds hilarious and could be effective.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2018
  2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I have a screenshot, hang on.

3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    You could do that, but if the cool down is short you don't need that many. For example, having two std cannons allows you to constantly fire them together (switching between them), and after you fire one the second one fast reloads. The std mortar also has a fast cool down, so you probably only need 2

4. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Well, more like 3. I've heard that the cool down you get every time you use a weapon or item is 3 seconds. I may have my math wrong, but you might need a third one so you don't have 2 second to wait for the next mortar. But anyways, I dislike mortars so I'm not much of a reliable source of mortar information.

The Otherguy and Mr. Chompers like this.
  5. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

This is kind of like the standard cannon. I found one of them very useful on my M4 and below shooter. It means I have a gun ready to fire ALL the time. It's gotta be annoying as hell when I'm brawling someone and every single time we pop up over a wave *bam*. But I can't see using more than one of them nor can I see the point once I get another weapon slot at M5. You also need to take into account actual game play. I eventually ditched my standard canon even before M5. It seems to be about even. On one hand I get frustrated sometimes because I actually have to wait a few seconds for a shot. On the other hand, I hit harder when I do shoot and frequently waves & other obstacles interfere with a steady shooting cadence anyway.

*** edited to add*
    Yes, the global cooldown is 3 seconds. So for a 13 second weapon you'll need 4 global cooldowns for it to become ready. That means on my M4 shooter with only 3 cannons I do have lags if there is no interruption in shooting cadence. I didn't with the cannon.

Mr. Chompers likes this.