1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Put the Battle back in the Bay!!!!!!!!! Stop Chicken Run Bay now!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Terry Morgan, 3 Jul 2018.

1. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

https://replay.battlebay.net/GKYPQDRY#WXVMLXZY
    Stop the Chicken Speeder runs to draw any game!!!!! Install the invulnerable capture to all games within the last minute of a game!!! Wanna be an Esport game Rovio? Then this is the first step toward this goal. No Esport game EVER ends in a draw, nor should Battle Bay EVER end in a draw!!

Turkett

*JAWS* likes this.
  2. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I do not agree that battle bay should never ending in a draw, take a look at this, that took some skill on my part.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/YPVKZRYY#VVYFKMRQ
    Sometimes a draw is your only hope when you have an infamy tanker on your team

Last edited: 3 Jul 2018
    NeptuneGaming likes this.
  3. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

Not particularly a fan of the way you make your point, but can’t deny it has merit. This issue clearly frustrates you!

Decent idea about making the end-game have invulnerable capture - but if it starts at last 1min then the problem isn’t solved (60 sec in a minute and all). Instead of making invulnerable cap at 1:40 remaining, could make each second worth 2% for the last minute.

Or - better yet - whoever is in cap circle when time expires wins. If both in cap circle when time runs out it’s sudden death (and if someone leaves circle once time expires they automatically lose).

4. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    Love it

*JAWS*, Ænima and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

what if a match ended as a draw then if a player was capturing then the % of his capture will give his team half of that % of winning infamy .

i mean if you managed to capture till 20% then your team will gain 0.2×24/2 =2.4 infamy that will be counted as 2 infamy and the other team will lose 2 infamy but it still be counted as a draw.

therefore if you managed to capture till 90% then your team will gain 0.9×24/2=10.8 that will be counted as 10 and that is a fair infamy for both .
    why that "/2" and "11.9 counted as 11" ? because the other player run to not lose infamy so it won't be fair if he lose more than 11 infamy,

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

This is awesome

7. Terry Morgan

The intent is to determine a final winner in every match not draws. This is only a solution to players that realize to cap and force a fight in the final minute. Still need to address a final winner in games where players insist on chasing around the map! Maybe the team total damage determines the winner in that case? Could work,but I prefer a fight to the death to determine the final outcome!

Turkett

8. Terry Morgan

The invulnerable cap will work in last minute if used at the 1v1 rate that was just used, but in case of the time epiration with no cap then the team total damage can be used to determine a winner. Still kinda flawed but may be the one in cap at the end wins regardless of damage. Kill off cap or lose sudden death!

Turkett

*JAWS* likes this.
  9. Terry Morgan

Or the invulnerable cap could start the instant that a game is down to 1v1 regardless of time left!!! Duke it out for the win or Battle for the Bay!

*JAWS* likes this.
  10. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

i dont understand why you don't like the idea of ''draw" .

11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Every game that means something eventually has a winner.
    Especially pro sports. Take World Cup now. Knockout stage. Goes to special rules once time expires with a draw. Penalty kicks.

Every E.sports has a format which makes the winner have to kill or knock out opponent for victory. And those E.sports shrink the playing field for the rabbit players.

I feel you runners....look. you don't want to die. But this is a video game. You come back to life. Spine up. Learn how to beat the other boat. All boats have 1 advantage. Running isn't the only way. I say this also manning successfully a speeder in this last week. I use nitro. Spin the opponent and make them my chew toy. Never having to run for a draw. Doesn't matter their hp. If they can't hit me.

The developers need to apply these fixes to make this game better. The forced draw is the biggest reason so many speeders and enforcers have beefed up infamy stats. Its good for prevention of 20 percent losses.

Let's once and for all have winners and losers.

@Miika

I am adding you to This. Because I can. Lol. And really. Why keep the draw format anymore? It's played out. Pubg, fortnite...eventualy have a winner.

Modernize Battle Bay and get with the times. Imho.

Jaws

Last edited: 4 Jul 2018
    TheAntiSnipe, Terry Morgan and Ænima like this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I force draws sometimes in my Speeder. The thing is, it’s rarely a case of me just finding out I’m the last player, and running away. Often, it happens because I’m left on my own versus two or even three ships.

In those situations, there is often a damaged ship or two, and one guy who is full hp. If I play extremely well, then I might be able to pick off the damaged ships (while getting trashed in the process), and then run away, for a, frankly, well deserved draw.

On one hand, I can see how this might be frustrating for the other team. On the other hand, it’s also frustrating for me when my whole team dies and leaves me on my own. These draws are a way for me to claw something back when my team sucks.

If you’re not able to plan ahead, and control the capture zone early enough, then maybe a draw is all you deserve.

TheAntiSnipe and wreck your day like this.
  13. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    I do exactly that: check out this battle,
    https://replay.battlebay.net/YPVKZRYY#VVYFKMRQbc

14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

It's not about how speeders and enforcers can make a draw.

Think the point got missed.

To make the game globally viable the format of draws even being allowed has to change. Even if overtime needs to happen in order to create a winner....the only way game becomes viable is making a solution here.
    Current fact. Only 12,000 people consistently play this in usa via android.

Maybe another 15,000 via Apple in usa.
    Total player pool worldwide. Maybe 100,000 if lucky.

This game has a way of not inspiring new players to stick it out.

The development arc from noob to expert is somewhat off.

But for the most part as an avid gamer....the issue that is most off. Is no declaration of a Winner. Allowing draws in the first place will always allow the yellow boats to deny a victory for unfriends. Whereas 3 other classes will never be fast enough to do the same manuever. This is a developer created problem benefiting 2/5ths of the boats at the expense of 3/5ths. Solve the riddle developers and fix the format.

I also pointed out our player pool of 100,000 players as to say for 2 years....this is stupid low. The game needs a meta adjustment. And soon. The flaw is not with the visuals or the ships. The flaw is with: balancing of items and format fixes to make this a more compelling/competitive game.

Obviously this is one sharks opinion...but find me any other successfull game with over 1+ million players that does draws?

@The Grim Repair

Ps...are the developers all on vacation?

Last edited: 6 Jul 2018
    Terry Morgan and Ænima like this.
  15. Terry Morgan

If you like draws then tic tac toe and rock paper scissors may be a better game for you to play! Battle Bay should be win or lose. No draws!

Turkett

*JAWS* likes this.