1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

PSA: You need two of an item to level it up past 40.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SharkTank, 22 Aug 2017.

1. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but you need two additional items to level up past level 40.

Like an idiot, I scrapped an extra sniper cannon a while back because I already thought I had enough to get to 50. Turns out you need two to get to level 41.

Attached Files:

simonwor, WarCream, behumble and 9 others like this.
  2. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

Yeah, Im lvl 24 and learnt that yesterday only lol. Good idea sharing it, and also good luck for your last rare

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You are level 31 why are you so worried. You won't have tier 5 talent any time soon unless you pearl all the excess sugar at level 35 which costs A LOT of pearls

4. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Just bought an Epic container with all my saved pearls. Just needed one sniper cannon or even a big berta. Nine rare items guaranteed and didn't get either of them. Luck is not on my side.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I have BHurt up there. Have been using pearls to push past when I need to. Not sure how many I'll need to be honest.

In any event, I'm not worried. Was just a PSA to people don't do something stupid like I did.

6. Joey who

You need level 35 first off. Then you need to spend hundreds on pearls if you want to get the extra sugar you can't hold

7. Joey who

You need captain level 44 to be able to hold as much sugar as it takes to get to tier 5 talent. So you could only imagine how many pearls that would cost

retryW and SharkTank like this.
  8. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Damn. Didn't realize it went up that quickly. Thanks for the additional info. Looks like I have a long time to wait before I even need the second sniper cannon.

9. Joey who

Yea, in the mean-time you can build more snipers like me :oops:
    Screenshot_2017-08-21-23-11-23.png

10. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Dude, that's shit load of snipers you got there. I haven't got a single rare one, using a T4 uncommon sniper right now like a dirty peasant.
    Meanwhile rng has given me 6 napalm launchers so far, which I never intended to use.

11. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Didnt know that, thanks for the information.

12. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

NO!!!!!! I JUST did that to my 6th Rare Explosive Cannon. F**K I'm an idiot :( I wish I saw this earlier...

You are a good man/lady/whatever though. This is VERY important information.

13. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up!

SharkTank likes this.
  14. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

... well, looks like I'm stopping at Level 40 items then.

Joey who likes this.
  15. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain this to me, I've never even seen an option to do this. Is it like temporary extra sugar or...?

16. Joey who

If you have 100k gold and your crew costs 120k to train you can pay 100k + 50 pearls to start the upgrade.

1k sugar = 2.5 pearls

17. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Yeah so there is no "give me more sugar/gold than I have button", but if you go to purchase a ship upgrade, or level a crew member and you don't have enough sugar/gold, it will say "you don't have enough" and have a button showing you can pay pearls to get the amount you need, and this step ignores your max sugar/gold limit.