1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Proper Nerfs

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JoshW, 18 Feb 2019.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It seems like in recent updates items that were deemed too powerful received a flat 10% damage reduction.
    Let's be honest here 10% is not very much and nowhere near close enough to what would be required to fix the issues at hand.
    In reality the issue is not even the damage of these weapons but rather how they work.

Firebomb: The issue with firebomb is expecting to take an edge shot for a couple seconds of burn damage but instead receiving full duration. Not to mention firebomb is a low risk high reward weapon.
    To fix this I suggest reducing the radius, increasing the projectile speed and giving a flat burn duration to anyone within the radius. From here we can now tweak the damage as needed.

Mine: Since mines are stationary they SHOULD deal a lot of damage, but the trigger radius is way too big.
    Decrease the trigger radius by 50%, increase the damage radius by 25% and either increase the cooldown or decrease the range. Then you can balance the damage as needed.

I covered these two since they are the most recent Nerfs but if you have any ideas to better tweak/balance items drop them in the comments :)

2. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

BUFFFFFFF STANDARD TORPEDO BY 50% DAMAGE AND 40% SPEED AND NERF SNIPER CRITZ BY 90%!

In all seriousness, those are some great ideas. +1

Nikkie! and JoshW like this.
  3. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    Something that I find extremely annoying about mines is that you can get right next to one and not set it off. Let's say the mine is directly to your right side. Lef's say you're just outside of the detonation radius, but you don't set it off. Then you turn left, making the back of your boat creep into the edge of the detonation radius, despite not having moved at all, only rotating your boat. I feel like that shouldn't happen, and instead there should be a central point that has to go over the detonation radius for the mine to set off and not any of the hitbox triggering it.
    Basically it wouldn't change how mines work at all, just make it so rotating your boat can't set off the mine if you weren't already inside the detonation radius.

JoshW likes this.
  4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I don't think that would be possible, it would require a mine specific hitbox that would be inside the other normal one.
    I'm not a programmer so I don't know for sure but it doesn't sound like something that could easily be done.