1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems starting the game

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Beckwin13, 24 Jan 2018.

1. Beckwin13

Beckwin13 New Member

cant enter battle bay. First I was in then it suddenly log me out . Now it’s logging but never loads. Can’t go in. What should I do?

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

First try restarting the game, then try restarting your device, then try reinstalling the game (make sure your account is saved and linked, so you don’t lose stuff). Then try restarting your device again.

Then check your connection, make sure you’re connected to WiFi, and all other apps are closed.

If you’ve done all that, and you still can’t play, post back here.

The Grim Repair and Beckwin13 like this.
  3. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    I have same problem..... all weekend.
    Did all that stuff........ still not working.........

4. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

All I can confirm is that there is no general server issue or issues on "our end".

For technical advice it helps if you post your connection and device details so people can help you here to try and trouble shoot with you.

Anyone else with similar issues - please post here, with details.

5. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    Ipad2 on wifi 30mb dl 16mb ul
    ios 9.3.5
    bb v2.7.1
    Has been bad since update..... worked fine before.... v2.6.1.......
    This version 2.7.1 has never run smoothly.
    This weekend.... over 100 crashes before loading finishes........ played 3 games instead of 300.
    Just constant crashing.

6. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

7. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    More than a few players in my guild are getting lag issues.... across different devices.
    sounds like a server issue to me..... my ping is double the norm of 99ms......

8. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    Last week i could play....... with crashing inside the game.
    This week I cannot play...... it simply will not load......
    Sounds like something new to me...... you guys need to get on it.... quickly.
    Its pretty obvious it more than a ram issue.

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

What you are describing is exactly how running out of ram behaves. Depending on how long the device have been on and what other applications you are running the game either loads or don't.
    Network conditions will never cause the game to crash. Also, there has not even been any client or server changes in a month.

The Grim Repair likes this.
  10. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    Nothing has changed on my ipad or my wifi connection. My ping doubled its normal.
    The game does not work since weekend started......... Check how many games i played last weekend compared to this weekend.
    Something has happened..... its a massive difference.

11. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    Just so you know I loaded battle bay onto an ipad mini2, 1gb ram....... ios 9.3.5
    Played one battle, crashed at end....... wont let me in now.

12. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    I have more info for you on this issue........
    I had a smurf acct on ipad mini 2 (mums ipad) , i saved it to the game centre and used that profile after reinstalling on my ipad 2.
    The game lets me in with my smurf acct.
    My RAM issue is caused by the difference in user data between "RowBotParrot" and "Mini 1Eye Parrot"
    Can you have a look into this please.
    My user data let me play until this weekend just gone.
    RowBotParrot is too big for ipad mini 2..... 1gb of ram..... that cannot be right.
    Maybe something wrong in userdata, or way it is stored...
    All tests done with fresh installs, no background programs, fresh starts of iOS.

13. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You have accessed your account using iPad 2 and iPad Mini which are both 512 MB RAM devices.
    Even the slightest of change might push you over the memory limit, like for example your main account having more friends, larger inventory etc.
    Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to help you further as the issue is your device just just being able to run the game.

RowBotParrot likes this.
  14. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    Ipad Mini 2......... Is what I wrote....... 1 Gb RAM..........

15. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I know what you wrote. But I checked what you actually used and it was iPad 2 which has 512 MB.

Miathan likes this.
  16. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    Yes I use an iPad2, I also tested this on an iPad Mini 2......... why aren't you listening?
    Its very easy to understand....... Is it possible that the ipad mini 2 did not register properly because it refused to load with RowBotParrot?
    YES my RowBotParrot profile crashed on a iPad Mini 2 ( VERSION TWO with 1gb of RAM).
    "As I so simply explained"
    Why is it an up hill struggle with you guys?
    Never a complete answer.
    You could have told me about this earlier.... When I installed the game.
    The user data being the weak spot in your companies programming..... It being ONLY a matter of time before this weak spot stops gameplay and wastes all your money spent in this game.
    I have played nearly 17,000 battles to finally make it to level 40, and got three mk6 ships in a week.... spending £300 over the year.
    Three mk6's which are useless now..... Can you imagine, since I started playing that has been my focus...... Can you imagine the disapointment?

For the amount of money spent I did not expect you guys to give up so quickly. Sony does not work like that......
    I would really like to hear you say........
    "yes I found out what happened...... we are working hard on it, considering you have spent so much money"
    THAT'S WHAT A CUSTOMER EXPECTS HEAR ....... call me old fashioned.
    Can you imagine a FIX?

It would be nice if you could tell my guild why I am missing....... They must be wondering ???
    I login EVERYDAY... but not since Saturday.... FIVE DAYS MISSING NOW.
    I AM LIVID THAT YOU ARE LETTING MY GUILD DOWN,

17. MR__HUNT__JR

MR__HUNT__JR New Member

Just downloaded the app on my IOS 9.3.5 Mini iPad 2 and there's a huge lag and sometimes will crash by itself. I've already restarting everything mentioned in previous post. I've removed stored data to open up and still crashes and lags. Any reasons to this? Works fine with my other account on my Android Samsung 8+ and Apple iPhone 7 plus. Only issue is currently with the Mini iPad 2. Thanks for any assistance.

18. RowBotParrot

RowBotParrot Member

Sound Engineer
    I use an iPad 2 with 9.3.5 my main account crashes because I've been told its too big. Borrowed an iPad Mini 2 to test on, signed in with games centre, selected my main acct and it crashes before fully loading too. I was kind of hoping Rovio would use my acct to test on, but they did not believe I used an iPad mini 2 even after I told them.
    Hard work, to get help........
    Im still waiting for them to ask me if they can use my acct to test.... at least they would know if my userdata is corrupted....... still waiting.

19. LIL_BOSS

LIL_BOSS New Member

I got a mini ipad2 and I’m having the exact same problems.

20. Dr. Reaper

Dr. Reaper New Member

I’m gonna try my Mini iPad 2 4th Gen see what happened then I’ll let you know.