1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems of battle bay and why I want to quit

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by NoTtIaN, 28 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    the game is p2win. You know why - legendary weapons are unfair.
    Achievements are ‘short’ - this means that they are easy to get when you begin, but are near impossible once you reach a certain point.
    Items - legendaries are easy for p2win players and f2player have to grind grind grind.
    Small loot - most people who are in the forums are ace+, but from a perspective of a master player, the loot sucks. Seriously, 20 000 gold per win? Yeah! That can get be 4 WHOLE commons!
    Scrapping - it’s rng and it’s minimal. It should’ve been made like this - common = 100 common parts, 20 uncommon parts. Uncommon = 100 uncommon parts, 1 rare item piece.
    Crates - 400 for a rare item? Hmm, maybe 250, for just 1 rare item. And, the crate variety is minimal.
    (Personal thought) weapons should only take 1 second to reload. (Not cooldown). In case you get pinched, you can AT LEAST fight back (kind of)
    Upgrading and evolving system. Should’ve been like the old days, or new. Item + power cell + epic parts (none other) = upgraded epic item. It’s fair for f2p.
    Training. You can only maximum choose between 3 talents, and they offer small help. How about making it that you can choose 2/5 talents and make it expensive.
    Get rid of sugar - from (my) new upgrading system, sugar is useless, and make it that you have to ‘feed’ the trainer to make them train
    Why should I still play? The devs are slow at updates, even though countless people have been asking for it?
    There. Convince me to keep playing

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Personally I dont have to convince you, except maybe remind you that GCD is 2.5s for a reason, and legendaries are MEANT to be legendary

3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    My response:
    1. The weapon achievements were a already a huge buff to f2p peeps. In fact, I’m almost at my first leg already and I don’t grind too often.
    Also legendaries aren’t as good as you think: an epic T4 or rare T5 is already better than it.
    2. The rewards are definitely enough. 20000 is fine. If you want gold then you have to work for it.
    3. Scrapping is already pretty consistent, I don’t mind the slight RNG nature.
    4. If it was just 1s reload, the game would become spammy with no strategic thought whatsoever.
    5. If upgrading didn’t require other parts, then lower level parts would become completely useless.
    6. Having more training would be too op and I like it the way it is (a lot more helpful than you think). This system you suggest would also be a buff for p2p peeps because only they could afford it for each trainer.
    7. I’m not even gonna bother with sugar.
    8. There has been more than enough content with events and new perks. This game doesn’t need more weapons/ships because the game would become unbalanced and stuff. Most people are satisfied with the recent updates.

4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Why...

Okay, so the achievements could use a tiny tweak.

Leggys aren't even very viable unless you have 3 of the same one because epic t4 is better than lv 10 and epic t5 is better than lv 20.

Sure, gimme 50,000 gold per win. I would be able to buy a rare item in 15 matches. Sound a bit much to ya now?

Scrapping is fine as it is. You want common parts? Scrap or buy. Cheap.Uncommon parts? Buy em or scrap stuff ( star boxes are ideal if you aren't as lazy as you're demonstrating you are). Same as everything else ( though don't scrap leggies.)

Meh, they could make the chests and crates a bit cheaper. Maybe some variety could be added too.

True, it is bothersome when I'm upgrading an epic and I'm missing those damn uncommon parts. But the system is fine.

Talents only help a small bit? Pack your bags and get out of here. Without training my blast cannon would do very little damage. Training will stay the same.

Remove sugar? Then what will we upgrade our items with? Sure, gold would be nice, but we get so much more gold than sugar. Then again we could just add the same price in gold then multiply by 2.5.

And the only reason the devs are slow ( minor criticism ahead) is because 1. The dev team is a bit small and 2. They seem to prefer to release large amounts of content with large gaps between the updates.

Excuse the criticism of the devs.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It takes a long time to progress and build items up. That can be frustrating, but it’s also part of the appeal. If it were easy to get to the end, then it wouldn’t be as rewarding, and we’d probably all have gotten bored and left months ago.

There are plenty of real reasons to quit the game, but I think you’re mistaken about some of the stuff you’ve said here.

Legendaries are kind of overrated. They seem OP in the early game, but in Ace 1 and above they’re usually a lot weaker than the high level Epics.

It might seem like Epics are impossible to find now, but they start showing up a lot more later in the game. Finding all the resources needed to upgrade them is actually much more of a bottleneck than finding duplicates.

Plenty of the top players run t5 Epics, and they’re perfectly achievable for f2p. I’ve got one, and parts for two more; @TheAntiSnipe is entirely f2p (we joined around the same time), and I know he’s got quite a few t4 Epics already.

The only thing you need is patience.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

3 now lol, blasty's already halfway to t5. Yes, you're totally right, mats are more of a bottleneck than dupes

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Wot's a bottleneck?

I imagine it means hard. But I'm not to good with stuff like that

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Lol, legendaries are actually weaker than tier 4 epics. And 4 epic dupes are far easier to come by than a single legendary. Trick is to play with rares in lower league and hoard epics and you collection will naturally build up.

Of course if you scrap something like (let's say 5 epic swift torpedoes and 4 epic grenade launchers) over the course of your entire playtime because you were looking for that 3rd epic sniper cannon that you didn't get in months, then who's fault is that? Game gave you enough resources to build weapons on par with legendaries but you chose not to and then cry p2w on someone that actually made use of them.

And regarding that gold, that's the main payoff of pushing your infamy and playing against challenging enemies. Sure you can stay in master league and beat up mk3-4s all day but 20k is all you will ever get whereas players in ace and nightmare league face boats that can actually fight back, and guess what, they get easy 30k+ gold and 50k+ with add/vip bonus per victory.

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

A bottleneck is something in a process or system that isn’t as fast as everything else, but it slows everything else down, because faster components still need to idle waiting for it. It’s a sort of a metaphor.

10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Rovio needs to make money, so of course the paying players get more goodies. Nothing wrong with that perse. I would give buying customers also more, than someone who is just looking at my stuff. You cannot really complain if you are f2p. Be a bit more grateful you can play this game without paying. Try it, this attitude will see things in a different light.

Although the prices could be lower, because 49,99 dollar for items is too expensive, if the same item is 4,99 dollar I bet you they sell so much more than they do now. Better to sell 10.000 x 4,99 than 100 x 49,99.

But about p2w there are other ways they can make money too, like somebody told me in the chat last winter. Ask money to pimp your boats, put your name on it, flag, decals, big exhausts, etc. Make some VIP maps as well and so on. This could be an alternative to p2w.

11. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    Yes I know they are meant to be legendary, but waiting for 2+ months of grinding and you won’t know what you’ll get? Seriously, even that’s enough to make me scared

12. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    Yeah I made posts about ship looks and blah.

13. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

The only real thing I think that needs to be changed is having the ability to spend my sugar and gold to buy crates....I've been sitting within 300-50k from max of both for 2 days completely out of epic pieces, and buying everything in my shop. Even if you make it an outrageous amount I'm fine with that so as long as I can use it.

I know I can buy green and blue weapons, but out of the 20-30 blues I have bought using gold over the last 8 months I have 0 leggy pieces, and minimal epic pieces to show for it so 750k per sucks to get 133 blue parts that I don't need or can buy in the shop.

14. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

Flint....Rovio makes more money off of free players watching videos than they ever will from players paying to play....I'm a free player and I know that with my current 4300 wins I have watched at least that many videos plus with the shop updates.

Btw you are welcome devs $$$

Flint and Sachin Shekhar like this.
  15. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’m sure one of the devs said that all such games only make 5% - 15% of their income from F2P players watching ads.

Sachin Shekhar and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  16. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

Assuming CPM logic and some rough guestimations. If average ad pays $10 then for every 1000 views rovio is making $100 obviously length and quality change the price, but I read somewhere that Fappy Bird was making almost $50k a day just from ads being watched at it's peak.

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Here’s the exact post

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  18. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

That's bullshit. Facebook and Google make billions of dollars just with ads... Plain text ads, not the high-paying video ads.

youhatemetoo likes this.
  19. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    While video ads do pay better, BB is special in the fact that it doesn’t force ads down your throat like other mobile games. You don’t have to watch ads (I’ve only watched one or two this whole year). Also, thanks devs for not forcing us to watch an ad after every 5 minutes or something like other crappier mobile games :D

20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

You are right, had not thought about that. Please, accept my apologies. That said, it is not f2w at all, because you do something in return as well. Albeit not paying with money, you pay with watching ads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.