1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with AoE (displayed radius vs real, actual radius) and torpedo hitbox

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Don Piano, 14 Sep 2017.

1. Don Piano

Don Piano New Member

I have fought several matches where I found myself hit by fire bombs, napalm or some mortars when I was outside it's radius displayed on the water surface.

It is not a lag issue or caused somehow by internet conections because my internet conection never fails. The real hitboxes for fire boms, some mortars and napalm are display improperly because those weapons can affect and hit your ship outside it's marked radius on the watet surface. Same goes for torpedoes, I don't know if the projectiles have a bigger hitboxes than expected or ships have invisible hitboxes outside it's visible frame.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

Waves matter

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

True. A firebomb can hit opponents a hair outside its rim for sures. Dont know about the others, except that big torps can do the same to opponents, and can pass through barriers sometimes on destruct

Don Piano likes this.
  4. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

The hotbox of the torpedo is needle slim so it fits thru the barriers.

5. Don Piano

Don Piano New Member

I saw several torps pass through barriers on dropdead gorge and on crash and burn.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    That's red circle? It's a PREDICTION. Not actually the radius. And while the predictions are almost always right, it can be wrong. For example take my grenade. I shot it over a wave just as it was going down (I was in the trough) so the wave moved out of the way of the projectile but when I launched it, the wave was in the way, so the server predicted that it would hit the wave. But it didn't.
    There, does that explain it?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Im not very good at this, but I believe the server draws a static circle over a dynamic wave, and when the wave moves, the circle moves with it. However, the phenomenon supposed to be accurately predicted by the circle is already in effect, so the circle will represent an inaccurate AoE.

Damn, that was long.

The Otherguy likes this.