1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem and Solution for Water Graphics

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Winter Chicken, 17 Oct 2018.

1. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

So I was playing a match today, and I was lookin at the water (as you do in battle bay) and I realized it's kinda ugly. The main problem is that there's this while line type stuff on the top of the waves, and it makes it look kinda fake, whereas the base water texture under that white stuff is really high quality.

Another quirk I found was that the line where the water meets the rock is a hard line, and not very realistic. Now I know this would be harder to do, but maybe have the water "flow" off of the rocks instead of "sliding" off. Also, the rocks should look kinda wet where a wave just passed.

Overall though, I've really enjoyed the artwork and graphics of the game

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Good idea, but I agree with Viscount.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2018
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I quite like the foamy stuff on the water. It does look a bit cartoony, but that fits with the style of the game. I think it also serves an important purpose, as the texture slides across the waves, it helps to sell the illusion of waves rising and falling in a medium, rather than just static blue humps crossing the play area.

As for the rocks looking more ‘wet’, that would probably involve some kind of glossy surface, with a ‘spectacular’ highlight. That kind of surface would need to appear differently, depending on your position, so it would likely be more graphically intensive. It might be nice, but probably not worth slowing the game down for.

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.