1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Power Cells - Tip

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SirCornedBeef, 6 Apr 2017.

1. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

Need Rare or Epic power cells? Don't want to scrap your epic items?

(Note: The current UI doesn't reflect this yet, the upcoming updates will add this)

Although Epic items are guaranteed to to give you an Epic power cell, you can get those also by scrapping lower rarity items, they don't guarantee you a higher rarity however. There is a trick however.

You can increase the chances of getting a higher rarity power cell from scrapping lower rarity items by evolving them up before scrapping.

Scenario:

Say you need that Epic power cell. Evolve a Rare item to Evo 2 (level 11). Scrapping it guarantees you an 1 Epic power cell or better. It can be a Legendary power cell as well instead of the Epic.

The following basic rule applies:
    • Common Evo 3 Level 21+ when scrapped gives guaranteed 1 or more Uncommon power cell or better.
    • Uncommon Evo 3 level 21+ when scrapped gives guaranteed 1 or more Rare power cell or better.
    • Rare Evo 2 level 11+ when scrapped gives guaranteed 1 or more Epic power cell or better.

CAUTION: As always, be careful to not scrap the items you want to keep. Scrapping destroys your items and you won't get them back!

NOTE: This rule does not apply for epic items scrapping to gain legendary power cells. Epic items past Evo 2 guarantee you bonus epic power cells and increase the chance for the bonus epic cells to be legendary cells instead. There is no guarantee for epic items to give you legendary power cells.

2. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Sweet! And daaaang are epic power cells expensive! Lol. I like it, I get excited every time I get one now. Thanks for those numbers. I scrapped my entire inventory worth of t2 uncommons and rares... got very little in return. wish I'd known it was t3. I'll have to save now and do that for my next guide video. Thanks Sir Corns!

3. Brizo

Brizo Active Member

I second that. I wish I had known the logic behind! So much wasted ...

4. Gillion

Gillion Member

I wonder are their similar guarantees for getting higher rarity parts and pieces? Great info to have as I've been compiling a Google doc with my scrap results to try to calculate the % chance to get a better quality component.

Paul88 likes this.
  5. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

been there, done that and it works, thank you :) and if i look closely i think its not that expensive. scraping a rare t2 gives you a lot back of what you put into, but i have to do the math, maybe later...

6. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

7. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Works for me! I tried that ever since I saw a Dev post it in the old forums.
    I noticed that this also boosts the chance of giving item pieces of the higher rarity!
    Currently I have 3 legendary pieces, and got two from scrapping!
    P.S. Why is @SirCornedBeef a member? I thought he's a developer...

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

So that he doesn't accidentally the whole forum, you know the designer types ;)
    No, not really. Just forgot to add him into the staff group, done now!

9. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

@Miika o_O
    thank you for your confidence ;)

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  10. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

While, this is good clear. But I have to argue one thing: the common parts. Previously, almost everyone I know playing this game agreed that the common and uncommon cells are completely useless. And for myself, the rare cells too. After this thread being posted, I might have found a way to use my rare cells to make epic ones. However, the common and uncommon cells remain useless, especially the commons. Here is why: for old players like me, I never need common items, and even t5 commons don't give enough materials compared to its cost. The cost is hundreds of common parts, which we can only get from the 8-hour for one boxes. The way to obtain common parts is solo, 3 boxes per day. The other boxes don't give common parts, but all upgrades require lots of them. So if I levelled my common/uncommon items to higher tire for better scraping, I will have no common parts to level my good ones. And if I choose to level up my epic ones with the limited parts, the common/uncommon cells remain useless. The only solution I got so far is to buy common parts by pearls, Which i don't like. And for new players, they can easily get uncommon items, making the common cells useless as well. So I hope to have multiple ways to obtain common parts.

Together Please and dean like this.
  11. SirCornedBeef

SirCornedBeef Developer

You can get all parts also from the shop with gold. There is no need to pay with pearls for them if you don't want.
    And you do require all different rarity parts for higher level upgrades. So even a Rare item needs common parts to level it.

12. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

Yet, the amount of common parts appearing in shop is too few.

13. P0rthos

I'm finding I have to do leveling in waves. One wave I focus on leveling items, the next, i focus on converting power cells to higher tier power cells. And back and forth.

I would also agree, common parts are usually in short supply since everything requires them. It's funny that common parts feel like the rarest parts now. Haha. A potential solution would be to increase the amounts given in the store.

Mr. Chompers and Oldmandragon like this.
  14. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

120% agree with you bro.

15. Felipowski

Felipowski New Member

Business Man
    Is not possible to sell power cells in the shop either? Price it but getting frusted about leveling up items.

16. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

About this, the situation I found was that when I do the two things in waves, I have no extra sugar left to train my crews...

17. Bergster

Bergster Member

How do you convert power cells to higher tier power cells @P0rthos

18. P0rthos

@Bergster No way to do direct conversion yet. Not without leveling and scrapping lower tier items, as is outlined by OP.

It guarantees 1 of a higher tier. Sometimes u get lucky and get 5. Sometimes you get unlucky and get stupid legendary power cells for a legendary item you will never have because you are poor and unlucky in life and love. ... but that is neither here nor there. :oops:

19. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

got 5 legendary cores once. tried to push them in my 1 legendary piece but nothing happened. pushed them harder but nothing happened either. wont turn into something usefull. what to do with that legendary stuff? pretty sure i will not play battlebay for that long that i will use these. By this time "Battlebay Infinite Sinking" will be the successor of "Battlebay Black Ships 3" after 10 other equalized successors.:)))

20. BEN

BEN Active Member

SirCornedBeef,

Is this already in effect? If not then may I ask when?
    I ask because of this "(Note: The current UI doesn't reflect this yet, the upcoming updates will add this)".