1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE STOP DOING THIS

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Silent Shot, 11 May 2017.

1. Silent Shot

Silent Shot Member

Engineer
    Hey guys I just wanted to post about two issues that I think is getting out of hand. The second one is really nothing we the players can do but it's an important issue I'd like the developers to know of. Ok first of, please o please stop getting in the way of your teammates shots!! Ffs, you don't know how many times I've had my shots blocked by fixers or just random teammates with tunnel vision. If you're a fixer you're probably only running a rare cannon, mines, or some other semi-close range weapon. Even if you're running a mortar or some other long range weapon, you can still shoot that being behind your teammates and out of the line of fire. So please o please just stay behind you're teammates and attack when the opportunity presents its self. Everyone including me sometimes get tunnel vision and run out in front of your teammates and block off a shot... Please try to be more aware of your sorroundings because in the end even that little bit of damage that could've been dealt could be the difference between winning and losing.
    The second point is if you're at 1,000+ infamy, don't fleet up with your 200 infamy friend ... It makes it so that you're under evolved mk1 friend with first tier weapons is in a battle with a bunch of mk2's or mk4's. I'm not saying lower infamy ships can't beat a higher infamy ship but seriously how can you compare a mk4 with evolved epic/rare weapons and probably around 2,000 hit Point to a mk1 with 700 hit points and under leveled uncommon weapons? It's like bringing a chihuahua into a pit bull fight.. It's not going to end well... If the developers could look into this issue so that it maybe it averages out both infamies and puts them in a lower infamy fight. That would be great because not only will it stop lower tiers Ships fighting and impossible battle but it will help them gain infamy and make the battle a little bit more fair. To anyone reading this, please fleet up with players around your infamy and weapon/ship tier. Thank you for you're time! Good luck Battle Bayer's!

2. KnightOfZ

KnightOfZ Member

Maybe the Mk1 isn't fleeting up with anyone.

Attached Files:

3. Silent Shot

Silent Shot Member

Engineer
    I'm talking about fleets, that a 1000+ infamy guy fleets up with a 300 infamy player thats probably just started the game. Makes the entire team weaker... Nice stats, we'll be forming a guild soon once it works in case you want to try out to join.

4. AsylumXV

AsylumXV New Member

OMG yes my 100-300 infamy friends all want me to fleet up... Until I break down and make the fleet, then they immediately regret it and go offline, like yeah we aren't facing bots at my level lol you'll get murked if you don't know what you're doing!!!

cgr3asy and Silent Shot like this.
  5. SOFe

SOFe New Member

Your shots getting blocked is not as bad as your teammates exploding all enemy torpedoes in front of you.

6. Silent Shot

Silent Shot Member

Engineer
    That's worse... You'll probably get hit with part of the impact as well...

cgr3asy and Xenon03 like this.
  7. Silent Shot

Silent Shot Member

Engineer
    Yeah lol that's why I made a self rule that no matter who the player is it he's under 200 my infamy. I won't fleet up with them. There's only one special exception and that's a friend who's really good but doesn't play often.

cgr3asy and AsylumXV like this.
  8. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

Problem with fixing the average infamy problem is that players who are lower infamy will be pissed off because a mk4 is coming into their match and it takes 3 guys to take him down and they get 1 - 2 shot death. The only way to fix that problem is truly to just not allow people of more than 200 infamy to fleet up together. That's the only fair way of doing it.

As far as the FF, yeah. the only way to fix that is to damage friendlies and I don't see them putting that in the game. Players will only focus on the task at hand and misplace themselves in your way. Like a motorcycle rider, you have to look out for everyone else...no one will look out for you except YOU!!

Good luck!

9. Silent Shot

Silent Shot Member

Engineer
    I agree about the first point. Putting some kind of restriction would be nice. That way higher infamy players won't get paired up with easy kills and make it a little bit more fair. On your second point I highly disagree, in the post I specifically mentioned that only the second point (the one about the infamy mismatches) could be fixed by the developers. The first point was to raise awareness so that everyone will start looking at their sorroundings and think about their teammates. What you're saying is pretty much like saying that it was the motorcyclist fault that he got hit by the car next to him. When the guy in the lane next to him could've checked his rear view mirrors to make sure nobody was there when he switched over. I agree that the motorcyclist could've been a bit more aware but the other driver still should've checked to make sure the other lane was free... I see no point in your argument.. Just be more aware of you're environment and everyone will be happy.

rlxgenerate likes this.
  10. N1NJ4YT

N1NJ4YT Member

me and my friend got rekt by one torpedo XD cause he got infront of me, the guy would have missed but my friend had to get in the way and the explosion damage killed me XD

11. rlxgenerate

I see your point and I agree. I was just saying that the only you can control, is you. You can give suggestions but in the end, another player may not listen. Being the smarter player would be just to help out the team as much as possible. That's all I was trying to say.

12. HappyEvil

HappyEvil Member

How does a team mate block a shot?

13. Silent Shot

Silent Shot Member

Engineer
    They run right in front of you when you're about to shoot and it hits them... Same goes for torpedos and just about anything besides mortars... My point being, if you're a support player or you're waiting for your weapons to cool down... Just get out of the way of your teammates

14. Silent Shot

Silent Shot Member

Engineer
    Lol exactly my point.. Just stay out of the your teammates line of fire

15. Silent Shot

Silent Shot Member

Engineer
    Yeah... Kind of hard to help when your teammates are blocking your shots.. So you can't really do much damage.. Might as well say we all switch to mortars to solve this issue...

16. Steven

Steven Active Member

I jump in front of teammates as a fixer. And it's been helpful but I only do it if I'm above 50%hp and they are one shot from death

17. Steven

Steven Active Member

It can be helpful and hurtful, u as a fixer just need to know when it's right to tank for a teammate that's close to death

18. Ry5

Ry5 New Member

As far as i can tell there is no good option to group with anyone unless you happen to be at a very similar skill rating. It's not great

19. rlxgenerate

I agree. At this point in the game, you should truly stay within 200-300 infamy if you're going to fleet up.

20. Silent Shot

Silent Shot Member

Engineer
    Exactly, there are certain situations when it's ok to do it. At the beginning of a battle is not one of them... You block vital torpedos, or a sniper shot that could potentially do enough damage to win the battle.

Last edited: 17 May 2017