1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please don't use builds like this, just don't alright?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Wishaal, 26 Sep 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

An mk5 shooter using bandage... How on earth did some people think using bandage on an MK 5 shooter would be a good idea?

1. Using a bandage on an mk 5 shooter leaves you with 1 blue slot left wich you will most likely use for turbo. Wich will leave you with 2800 hp on an mk5 shooter wich is just worthless.

2. You could fill the remainint blue slot with big shield, but then you won't have turbo. A shooter with turbo is too slow to dodge anything.

3. If your bandage actually outperforms a big shield... Then stop camping! Don't hang back, your place as a shooter should be on the frontline!

So please don't use bandage on an mk5 shooter.

As for defenders... I have seen some incredibly stupid loadouts.
    1. a defender equiped with 1 turbo, and all other slots filled with bandages... This leaves you with such a small amount of hp that you'll just be dead in a few shots. A defender is supposed to be a tank, an hp monster.

2. a defender equipped with rudder, double turbo, and gearlube... So basicly you got like the same hp as shooters, the same mobility as shooters... But you have 2 weapon slots less that shooters... Why do people think that's a good idea? (I know this actually gives you a bit more mobility than a shooter, but you get the point)

3. A defender equipped with 3 turbo's... Why? If you want to sacrifice that much hp for speed, just play speeder.

4. You may want to defend your low hp defender here, but before you do, be sure to first check how many high ranked defenders have another build than the HP monster build.

Fixers...
    A fixer using 2 or more ducttapes... I'm not even going to bother explaining this one... If you use a build like this, you're just a disgrace to all other fixers. (This is just in general, it's not aimed at a certain player)

Last edited: 26 Sep 2017
    Rated R, MatCool1234, Cyn and 8 others like this.
  2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Camping Defenders with mortars :mad::mad:

3. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Rudder is a good choice for defender (only equipping one) all those HP will be worthless if u can't turn in time to shoot the shooter who is behind u

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Yeah, yeah, rub it in, all of you other ships with actual options for your blue slots

Fixers might as well come with no blues and a Standard Shield+Turbo factory-installed

Iunch, iRSS, fr4nk1yn and 3 others like this.
  5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I almost pushed the like button but... a certain player and those like him should be free to play their fixers as DPS ships as long as no other, more suitable ship with at least 1 green slot exists. I still hope more ships with green slots will be added some day.

6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
  7. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

So true.
    So soooooooooo true. D8408DB9-B77E-4419-8483-CE36073B8D1E.jpeg

8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Pff rudder is a viable option until high level, I rudder fixed to 3500 infamy and only then swapped to shield

9. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

1 turbo, 1 bandage or 1 shield is never good enough to make a difference. I'll admit bandage on a shooter is a bad idea cause shooters get hit a lot and bandage probably won't give you more than a shield.

You either camp to save your ass, gain hp and hit back or you play long range. Bandage works best on defenders and speeders (Mostly super fast speeders cause nobody else has the kind of evasion which can exploit bandages).

Defenders need multiple turbo and bandage in order get up front and actually defend (Which nobody rarely does).

Btw one of the highest ranked defenders in the game runs 4 bandages. I strongly believe that while you have the right to opinion as to what builds people use and what people shouldn't.

You shouldn't have the rights to force your opinions down other people's throats. They may run a build you don't approve off but they're not here to please you, they are here to have fun and last time I checked people are allowed to play any build they can use.

Or is this one of those lame "Not in the rules but you need to know this cause common sense" bull poop?.

Ask one of the admins to clarify if you want.

10. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Defenders can be played so many ways with their blue slots, max speed and rudder, all shields, multiple bandages. All depends on your playstyle

11. BasedCarpen

So much this. I get friend added, cursed out then unfriended several times a week because I run mortars on speeder and sometimes get caught with a big torp or ridiculous OP crit sniper cannon, Im mk4 which means 1900 hitpoints playing with all mk5 and the occasional mk6.

There are so many ways to play this game, stop trying to make everybody fit a mold. I don't care what everyone else uses or how good they are, this is what is working for me now, when it stops I'll make adjustments. It's a friggin game, have fun.

_devill, Elena Kr and CheekyDevilGod like this.
  12. Wishaal

*triggered*

13. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I used to wear my Band Aid with pride. But then I realized that I was taking damage far more quickly that the Band Aid could repair it. :oops:

14. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

No offense against you, but What's the point of that? YOU can use almost everything other than mortar on speeder. If you ssly like mortar on speeder use a frost launcher or blaster to assist the team.

15. Wishaal

Of course everybody is allowed to use what they want. But I do have the right to discuss dumb loadouts. If they want to use it, that's fine. But most of the time people don't even know their build is stupid. They are just clueless most of the time.

I myself use an mk5 shooter with 2 mortars at the 3700 infamy level. This is also considered stupid at that level. But at least I'm aware of that.

16. BasedCarpen

The point is I deal damage and use nitro to avoid mortars and overboost to escape and reposition. It works for me, Im good with mortars and good dodging shots with speeder

17. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but who made you the authority to decide what build is cool and what's stupid?.

You have no power to do that and nobody gotto care about what you or other players "consider stupid".

18. Wishaal

If people with loadouts like that perform bad the majority of the time, and if they are lower level most of the time... Then it should be pretty obvious that a build like that just doesn't work.

But before you start judging me, be sure that you yourself are perfect. You just posted a comment where you yourself said bandage on a shooter is a bad idea

And if I use your own words against you... Who gave you the authority to decide what is good and what is bad?;)

I don't know what kind of grudge you have against me, and why you have a grudge against me, but I can assure you, it's just one-sided.

Last edited: 27 Sep 2017
  19. BasedCarpen

If they're in the same infamy pool as you then they are making their setup work just as good as you are yours.

20. Wishaal

They're not in the same infamy as me. I have 3700 atm, and whenever I see a player like that, they have 3000 or even less.
    Most of the time they are using an mk6 ship while I'm using mk5.
    On top of that they got legendary gear or tier 4/5 epics while I'm just using tier 4 rares.
    On top of that, they perform really, really bad 9/10 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.