1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Personal Jokes / Insults in Guild Names

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Dobson, 9 Oct 2017.

1. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    I just wanted to let the developers and forum / community moderation know this has been going on the whole weekend,
    (I believe starting either on Thursday or Friday) while farming their HARD-FOUGHT tokens my charming fellow fighters
    have made these guildnames. While I think REV Niraj_3 finds this highly amusing, I believe it is against the guidelines?

We see clearly the in game guidelines written in the Forum rules section. Are they just not enforced in this game?

Ps. Now I feel as famous as AmericanMarauder or RNG Blue Lotus, or even Demon Hunters
    and Renegades guild (referring to Am Suks, Am Suxx, Bluelotus U mad?, Semen Hunters and RENEGAYS guilds).

Why me? Because I just brought up these exploiters have upturned the whole in-game item and perk balance during the
    weekend, they are fully aware of it too. For the longevity, balance and best return for purchases in this great game I hope
    their, and every other exploiters progression will be rolled back to an earlier state (plus they have been reported for naming
    guilds against the guidelines as for the exploiting).

Is these anything Rovio community or in game management can do?

Dobson - your fan since 3/2016

Attached Files:

Miathan, NightXO and The Otherguy like this.
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Lmao, Dobson's tears. So basicly if you roast those cheaters they will honour you with your name as their guild name?

Dear guild hoppers, you guys suck.:p (Looking forward to guilds using my name to roast me)

3. BEN

BEN Active Member

Wow these guys really take farming to a whole new level. Farming and humiliating at the same time. Dont let it get to you Dobson, if they had to resort to a childish tactic just to get to you then youve already won.

• Percy • likes this.
  4. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Tell them to stfu Dobson. And also ignore them after you did it. I was not aware that renegades has made that guild. My respect for them has gone down by a lot. Not nice

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    It was not Renegades, it was Team Canada (Bittersteel & co.) who made renegays. And this Dobson group and most of the others that ran against naming guidelines are done by Revenants members (mainly Niraj).

Renegades, like us, have stayed non cheating through this cheating event..

6. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Its not getting to me, just want the moderators know I have all the documentation should they choose to act on this player and payer shaming and loophole exploiting. Same group still farming away as I write..

7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Hehe I would take it as a compliment, atleast someone heard you.

Kudos to whomever came up with Semen Hunters :) Time to change guildname guys?!

8. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Correct. Renegades guild did not make such guild(s).
    We stayed clean throughout the entire "farming" fiasco and will not do such things.
    We are grown people.

tgtv, _devill, The Otherguy and 5 others like this.
  9. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Respect from Floating Fungus Guild!

I spent my time documenting the cheaters so developers can find all of them should they want to.
    Shouldnt be too hard to roll them back if you know their IDs and item + guild history?

10. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Greetings Floating Fungus !

I think they probably have a log where everything is done. Maybe in a text file ?
    Basically can see everything, shot fired at what dmg, miss, creation of guild, pearling or not.
    I would guess so since it's part of an analysis for the game.

I bet it would take some work (ton of players) but I think they could do it.

Thing is : Will they remove the free items/perks gotten? Will they ban (for a day or two) players ? If not, will they compensate for those who didn't use the system ?
    Lot of unanswered questions.

Dobson likes this.
  11. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Yeah, without a doubt, you don’t make a game like this without some sort of event log, it’s really hard to track down bugs without it.

If they want to, they could query it and find a list of all players who completed board 1 more than 5-10 times.

12. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Same as you, I am still hoping for the communication to come through - I have documented all the worst offenders in Nightmare league,
    they were a relatively small core group but now as there's no comms more and more people start to do it. The in-app purchases seem to
    lose nearly all value as the stuff the farmers pull in raffles is way better than those in epic containers.

I am also hoping for adamant response to this!

13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Both player AND guild names should be easily reportable, and the reports should be looked at in a timely manner. Something for the devs to implement in a future update (preferably ASAP).

14. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Definitely !
    And honestly, as a customer (yeah yeah I know advantages blah blah ! Sue me ! =P), I feel cheated.
    I saw a few players already gotten legendary duplicates (going from T1 to T2) while farming.

The value I paid for is definitely not what it should be right now. American Marauder, Peelah feel the same as me. Not sure about Banderas since I haven't seen him in a while.

So to recap :
    1 - Shaming players / guilds (do have a screenshot of a guild named "Thank you Miika for tokens")
    2 - Getting free items (~$1000 worth every 2 days)
    3 - League losing interest since they just farm so win/lose, doesn't matter
    4 - It's "OK and it's GREAT"
    5 - Players feel cheated

Edit : My voice may not mean something but the outcome of farming / boosting players will definitely be a huge impact on what I do with the game.
    I will let the devs do what they do. They try hard to make a great game and punish players for us. Let's see what cards they take out of the deck.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2017
  15. • Percy •

9th grader
    Ok lol I misunderstood :rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. • Percy •

9th grader
    Oh well...
    Forget I said anything XD
    Don't let it get to you though. Stand up for what is right :)

17. BEN

BEN Active Member

Hahaha lets just think of it as free publicity.

Kitterini likes this.