1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. r4z

r4z Member

it's not a flawed bussiness logic , it works and it's called freemium :p
    it relies on the 1% of the players, the big spenders that feel good about themselfes recking other players that are at a huge dissatvantage for not spending as much as the 1%.
    I'm just saying this is exactly what the bussiness model behind Battle Bay is and that Rovio are no better that other companies that use this model.
    To make it worst they started altering the items. That in turn gives an even bigger advantage to the big spenders.
    If you were lucky enough to get for ex a sniper or a tesla shild to a high level - now your items have a lot less value. Its difficult to addapt to that if you are not a big spender.A regular player would have to scrap most of the other items in order to get their current kit to a higher lvl.
    A big spender will just buy more.
    The fair,ideal way would be to limit the RNG and rely on a bigger pool of players to pay a little rather than 1% to pay a lot. But that model is complex while the lazy freemium works just as well if not better.

D3X likes this.
  2. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

i take it some of you guys hate campers will all mortar weapons. guess who will be camping beside them next update? fixers with duct tapes. goodbye repair pulse and repair box.

3. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

No I thought they were worse.

4. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Actually when will the update hit the game?Because I'm not sure is the update waiting for play store to look through the update,like 2.0 update :)

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

When Apple has approved it - Within a day or two is probably a good guess.

6. LameAdmins

LameAdmins New Member

no tesla bolt nerf, noobupdate. but who wonders. rovio at his best

7. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Rovio is amazing at creating good games then screwing them up with an uncontrollable amount of greed.

8. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Why! Why! Why! Rovio.....Sniper does -7.5% damage....Makes no sense, it already does less damage than other Cannons & critical damage is done only by chance.

9. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Yes they will appear in the next update....And now I hate Rovio for this.... Especially for doing bad to sniper Canon (my Favorite) T-T

ShøckWãve likes this.
  10. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

On a general note I do think nerfs and buffs are both good and important aspects in keeping a multiplayer game fun.

The challenge in Battle Bay is that gathering items and bringing them to a useable level takes 6months+ for rares, years for epics.

These balance patches would hurt less if people had other items/boats to use instead and if doing so wasnt such a taxing thing to do.
    ---
    Alternately dear Rovio I would suggest that you make a post with reasoning and/or numbers where you explain why you are changing items etc.
    Easier to understand where you are coming from if you try to help us understand. Sure there will be whiners regardless of what you change, but alot of players do care about a healthy balance and might listen to reason. Some of the changes look abit odd when presented without reasoning.

11. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Balancing is important for the game, we can agree with that.

Let me preface as someone who plays multiple heavy grinding games, saying I understand grind is good BUT only to a certain extend, too much kills any motivation for newer players or even experienced looking to improve. However, this game doesn't offer much versatility in playstyle with how slow it is to choose certain ships, level specific skill trees, evolve certain weapons etc. This is why at this stage of the game, nerfing items/ships is an incredibly bad move considering how bad you guys are with progression.

This game is heavily RNG, getting the items you want literally takes a real long time, in addition to the grind to get the gold and parts to evolve/level. How are you guys expecting to maintain any player retention who are new to this game when there are people who played with the old shop running around with epics??? You can't forget to cater towards the casuals and the f2p, your damn whales won't be enough if everyone else decides to quit.

Even when it comes to decision making, I understand speeders are overused but the severe lack of fixers in this game in addition to these nerfs, reduces even more incentive to play this role. Like cmon, it's hard enough to find teams with fixers and now if we do see any, it's more likely fixers with duct tapes because you forced them to be even more selfish.

THE ONLY THING YOU GUYS SHOULD BE BALANCING AT THIS STAGE IS THE SHOP, GOLD AND MATCHMAKING.

12. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Well said mate. Althought matchmaking isn't biggest issue so I disagree with that. Matchmaking would "fix" itself if progression is made even a bit easier as it would give you a way to get better gear so you can play "better" then and get up on infamy.

Epicmonolith likes this.
  13. Miss-B

Miss-B New Member

I concur. Practice mode would be ideal. This would not be difficult to add since you did this in development of the game. In addition to the practice you have in the tutorial. What will it take Rovio before you implement one? A petition?

TheAntiSnipe and Epicmonolith like this.
  14. r4z

r4z Member

Bad Googe&Apple store reviews, they do care about that, other greedy companies suffered heavilly when their players took to the stores and gave bad reviews.

Ultrah and Epicmonolith like this.
  15. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

I'd rather them not waste time on a practice mode. How is it really needed and why do people feel so strongly about it? Get out on the bay and fight and learn your ship and weapons there.

16. Kronimo

Kronimo New Member

Right... how many thousands of matches of practice before I'm ready.. lol

17. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I would rather my teammates not try out new weapons or gear combinations for the first time in real games. Easiest way to lose, but it's unavoidable right now. That's why a practice mode is necessary.

Ultrah likes this.
  18. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

U mean the play stores and apple approved it right? :) Still looking forward for the update!

19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yes! Yes! Yes! Update! Wheee! I am SOOOOOOOOO. happy that I switched to napalm+firebomb+sniper cannon on my MAIN shooter mk3... For us little guys who cringe every time we see that there a fixer on the enemy team and not on our team, this is BIG. Also, I cannot complain about the overboost or shield nerfs even though they hurt us at low infamies. Have to take it like a man lol. However, I do object the sniper cannon nerf. Those things are already a rarity. I rarely see a person who truly knows how to shoot a sniper cannon in the 800s. By the way, the nerf won't do anything to us pro snipers(for this infamy, pro is like noob to nightmare league people, but hey...), it does hurt those idiots who start whacking any target they see, shooting like cameramen lol.

What do they say about the weak sharpening their wit? Dude, im a f2p player, I lose, get rekt, and I hate to admit it, but I will: I HAVE LESS KILLS THAN MATCHES.
    That said, I get better. I get smarter every match. Before, I used napalm at where the enemy team were. Now I use it to create choke points. I dont know all the choke points, but Im working on it. Let those whales come at me with legendaries and one shot me. They can try. That doesn't mean they can get me every time. I ain't leaving till I reach Nightmare. Lets see how long they can keep me down here.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Jun 2017
  20. Ssss

Ssss New Member

I don't understand the overboost nerf it wasn't needed in my opinion

TheRedSpeeder likes this.