1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Overdrive Booster/Pulse

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 30 Oct 2017.

1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I know i already have a thread on this along with other ideas, but i'm so proud of this item in particular i want to get more comments on it!

Overdrive Booster (1 Yellow slot ):
    Effect: Instantly adds a set amount of hp to your current health that decreases overtime back to your original health.
    Duration: 5 seconds
    Cooldown: 20 seconds:

For example you are at max hp @3000hp. When you use the item you instantly get 2000 hp added to your current hp. Max hp doesnt matter it can go over your max HP. you lose 400 hp a second. after 5 seconds you are back at the hp you used it.

Overdrive Pulse (2 Yellow slots):
    Effect: Releases a pulse that instantly adds a set amount of hp to surrounding teammate's current health that decreases overtime back to their original health.
    Duration: 5 seconds
    Cooldown: 25 seconds:
    Radius: 3.5 (Perks cannot change this)

This is the 2 slot version that works only on your team.

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  2. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

If you were caught out in a battle and used it as a saving grace whilst under fire, what would happen if the boost value was greater than your remaining health pool? I presume you'd sink as though you temporarily cheated death?

3. Miku Da Yo 39

If you get hit while you activate the effect the damage you took is subtracted from the healthpool boost. The healthpool regardless would shrink by the second until the HP you used it at.
    Example:
    You have 200hp left, the overdrive gave you 3000, it will tick 600 hp a second but within these 5 seconds you maximum hp will be as follows:
    5 sec: 3200 hp
    4 sec: 2600
    3 sec: 2000
    2 sec: 1400
    1 sec: 800
    0 sec: 200
    So from the moment you used the overdrive boost until the duration is over, IF the damage you take exceeds your max hp that you have in that second, you die. Regardless if you take dmg or not during these five seconds, your hp will decrease by the set amount each second. If damage taken subtracted from the boost effect results in below the hp u used the item at, then the duration and effect ends immediately. But you just survived death!
    At 5 seconds left i have 3200, i get hit the same time for 800,my new hp is 2400, it still continues to tick down. If you get hit while using this item it just means your boost will end early from 5 sec to whatever. If you get hit for 3000 right when you used the boost then it saved your life but is gone instantly.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2017
    Scourge Argaen and The Otherguy like this.
  4. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

It's too similar to Tesla Shield

5. Miku Da Yo 39

I don't get how it is similar to Tesla shield? It can only last 5 seconds, and it only affects your team. I don't know if we need a self use version. Do you know Lucio's Sound Barrier from Overwatch? It's the same thing.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Spinners71

Your item is a temporary HP boost (3000 HP!), that's gone after a few seconds.
    Tesla Shield is a temporary HP shield (far less than 3000 HP), that's gone after a few seconds.

Your item boosts HP for teammates within 3.5 radius.
    Tesla Shield protects teammates within 1.0 radius.

Your item has duration 5 sec, cooldown 20 sec.
    Tesla Shield has duration 5 sec, cooldown 20 sec.

Your item costs 2 Yellow slots.
    Tesla Shield costs 2 Yellow slots.

So here are the differences I see:

1. You magnified the protective effect a great deal.
    2. You gave it a bigger radius.
    3. You created a 1 Yellow slot version for "personal" use.
    4. Your item has no 'stun-on-break' drawback.
    5. There are literally no other differences.

... So basically it's a Tesla Shield on steroids ...

So, perhaps you're right. It's not similar. It's far superior.

I'll take 3! :p

benguin8 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. Miku Da Yo 39

Tesla shield lasts far longer than 5 seconds when upgraded, you cannot upgrade duration on this. 3000 HP was a random number, I don't know how much it should actually give. Whatever HP I gives it is temporary. And decreases by 1/5 per second. Tesla shield protects you for the full Shield HP amount for the Full duration. Even when Tesla has 1 sec left it can still protects u for say the 1500 hp Cooldown. 1 sec left on the overdrive will only give you 1/5. CD on this could be longer. If yellow item is too OP we can make this a green item. Let's start with 500 HP boost then lol make it less OP

8. Spinners71

The function of the item is still exactly the same as Tesla Shield.
    Whether or not you tweak the numbers or add that [arbitrary] decay mechanic, it's still a push-the-button-to-protect-yourself-and-maybe-some-nearby-ships item...

9. Miku Da Yo 39

But a area insta hp boost with DOT drop off is different from A Tesla shield. This item is meant to help you push into areas when under heavy fire. Tesla shield is a item meant for dualing and other purposes. Not for coordinating team attacks lol

If this item you say is so bad, we can achieve the same purpose with a pulse item that provides 5 seconds of extra shield points.

10. Spinners71

You proposed an idea.
    I gave my honest feedback that I didn't think it was different enough from an item that already exists.
    You disagree with me.
    I stand by my feedback, but either way, it's no big deal.
    We can agree to disagree. :)

+1 to you for trying to come up with cool new ideas!

Miku Da Yo 39 likes this.
  11. Miku Da Yo 39

I mean yeah, they are meant to protect you I agree lol. But do you really think a 10 sec shield that has 1500 HP is the same as a 5 second area HP pulse that provides Say 500 HP in 1/5 decay/sec? I just think their in-game uses are way different and that with a decay regardless of being hit or not that the item is not as reliable as a Tesla shield. If you still stand by your opinion then whatever lol. I'm just stealing ideas from Overwatch LOL have you played Lucio? XD

12. Spinners71

I have never seen nor played Overwatch.

... am I missing out?

13. Miku Da Yo 39

Also do you mind if I create a poll? I wanna see if others view this item like a Tesla Shield. Haha

Let's break it down! - Lucio

14. Spinners71

Whatever floats your boat