1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Over 17000 battles and I have nothing to show for it.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rez Messing, 24 May 2018.

1. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    the highest infamy I’ve ever had was 1800. I have not seen that infamy level in a long time. Still I’ve been working and spending money on increasing the power of my weapons. (I have some level 50 rares and several epics and even one leggy.) Grinding 50 games a day and my infamy is currently at 1100. I never throw a battle, I always try to win. Rovio keeps setting me up with really poor players for teammates. It’s almost like Rovio wants me to quit playing. I’ve played Battle Bay for nearly a year now, and have spent 1000 dollars US, in this game during that time. Now it feels like all that time and money has been a waste. Thanks for nothing.

ShipCrusherCz and HumpD 414 like this.
  2. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    My apologize but something is wrong with your style of play if I had t5 weapons at 1100 I would win alone.

3. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    I get plenty of stars, even when my team loses. It’s not me, it’s who they put on my teams.

HumpD 414 likes this.
  4. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    You need to change your setup or ship if you need help in the game add me and I will try to help but believe me I reached 3000 with t4 rare mk4 it’s not hard if you get the right setup.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Not necessarily. I think you need to rework your setup, because there's something very wrong here.

Loadout screenshots please!

Rez Messing and Spinners71 like this.
  6. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
  7. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

If you post your whole inventory, I bet you gain 500 infamy in 1 week. If you let someone help you understand how you should be playing with whatever load out is suggested, I bet you gain another 500 infamy in the next 3 weeks after that. Seriously, I don't think it would take many changes... But you're clearly missing something. Also, post your lat 8-10 battle summary screens.

Rez Messing likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Kay. That loadout... It couldn't be any worse. Hear me out.

Your loadout contains a blast flare(knifefighter) but you have a level 10 epic big shield(not enough HP for knifing).

Standard mortars are good for midrange, but tritorps? Pfft. Tritorps pair with napalm. Those are for CONTROL shooters.

Missiles. The DPS shooter's best friend.

The question I should be asking is, "What style of shooter are you?"

Rez Messing likes this.
  9. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

shooter have 1 canon is not good, upgrade to mk6 try rail gun for std mortar and another BC for flare (with dmg perks)

10. TheAntiSnipe

Okay look. I'll give you a few tips right off the bat.

Do NOT knifefight(close combat). You lack the HP.

Control over an area is a good loadout. Try napalm+tritorp+blast+swift+StM

Pepper damage is not for you.

Sniper builds... You lack the components.

I see you make a very rookie mistake here tho, and I have to point it out.
    You equipped your best weapons, without thinking how they interact with each other. You get damage, sure. But that damage is haphazard, giving you no purpose in the battlefield. You need a role, you need to keep that role in mind when you play. A shooter with no purpose is just a whale. A shooter WITH a purpose can H.U.R.T.

Sorry for the bluntness.

11. vbkevin57

vbkevin57 New Member

Why haven't you upgraded to mk6 yet? That will give you an additional blue slot for your bandage. What other weapons do you have? After 17k games you should have a much wider variety to choose from.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    I appreciate all the comments. Bluntness is a good thing in my book :)

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    I thought flare gun with blast cannon was a good combo.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  14. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    Can’t do anything with MK5 so MK6 seems a waste.

15. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

You should be able to get over 2000 with the mk5. Perhaps you can link a couple replay videos of some of your battles? I’m sure a lot of people here could help. There is likely just a few tweaks you need to make to your style of play which would make a drastic difference.

Rez Messing likes this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

For your level and # of matches I'm not sure why your items are not stronger... but they're workable. I think the comments above are correct, they seem like a hodge podge of weapons rather than a purposeful matching set. For example If you want to run a fire combo, equip more than a single weapon that will benefit from it.

More than that you need much more HP to use your midrange loadout. MK6+bandage will get you there, but MK6 will also throw you into another class of battles, so it's not a slam dunk to do. T1 shield or bandage are super weak, you don't have duplicates? What about Rares? Do you have longer range weapons to allow you to stay alive longer? Railgun, Sniper, Long range mortar, etc?

Tri-torps and Std Mortar are two of the worst weapons in the game. You have fairly strong ones though, so it's not necessarily an issue. I can't successfully utilize my Legendary Standard Mortar though.

TheAntiSnipe and Rez Messing like this.
  17. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

Over 17K battles and I don't see many weapons upgraded what did u do with all those sugar and gold?... ok just a reaction seeing ur inventory.

Ur loadout flare+blast works in mid to close range but u dont have enough HP to combat also where are fire damage perks on blast?o_O use right perks. U can increase ur infamy just need to change some of ur perks and role how u gonna play (or change ur weapons bcoz there are some simple to use weapons that will help u - asuming u dont have other weapons seeing ur inventory so no).
    Share some of ur battle replays so everyone who want to help u can understand how u play also watch shooter videos on Youtube.

PS. Sorry u r wrong Devs have nothing to do with ur infamy please just dont blame everything on them

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

You need to replace two of your weakest weapons with sniper cannon and fire bomb, a.k.a the most reliable weapons shooters can't live without. You will be dealing alot of mid range damage with those along with your missiles. My guess is your std mortar and tritorps needs to go.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I call BS on this. I've always suspected it, but only recently confirmed it when I upgraded to MK6 myself. There's no special change in matchmaking, no new "class of battles". Does it affect matchmaking at all? Yes, but the influence is minor, and for me it's not even noticable. Upgrading to MK6 is a good thing.

20. TheAntiSnipe

Same here, new mk6. This didn't happen to me either. And it's not like I maintained my old build either. Went Blacktail with a tesla shield, nitro and OB. Still superb.