1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

On the Futility of Star Crates

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Henre, 31 Jul 2017.

?

Do you agree that star crates are overall lackluster and need improving?

1. Yes, the sooner the better.

2. No, I am currently satisfied with star crates.

3. I don't care either way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Henre

Henre New Member

In VIP chat, a frequent topic of discussion is "stars":
    - Why is an exemplary performance in battle rewarded with one star?
    - Why are fixers having to work twice as hard as other ships to earn stars?
    - What is the algorithm which determines star distribution?
    These may be interesting questions, but all of the hub-bub is rendered moot, in my opinion, when one considers that the star crates, which are rewarded every fifteen stars earned, usually contain scrapping garbage.
    Over the course of seven days 7/24 - 7/30, I took screen caps of the star crates which I opened (only 20 images are allowed per posting), to prove a point that the contents contained within, hold depressingly little value:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Would you consider a single epic power cell amazing? I don't. Granted, the rare items are welcome because scrapping them will provide rare parts, but the overwhelming amount of uncommon items is insulting. We receive uncommon items everyday through the calendar, and I focus on rare items, and a few epics, so receiving uncommon items in star crates is not beneficial.
    Now with these critiques aside, I would like to offer some constructive suggestions:
    - Overhaul the contents of star crates to allow for a bigger chance of receiving epic items and pieces, rare items and pieces, and even a shot at legendary pieces!
    - Make star distribution more liberal (multiple three star rewards per battle), since the contents of star crates are unappealing to higher-tiered players.
    - Rename the star crate the "Uncommon Crate" as that is what it is, and give it to players for free once per day, while creating a new star crate, filled with special goodies and rewards.

For some time now, I have noticed an epidemic within battles, that is, players who die almost immediately while contributing little to no damage against the enemies. The most vital result of improving the contents of star crates would be a renewed effort by all players of working hard in battle to earn stars! I work hard in battles, for myself and my infamy, but also for the stars, and after my hard work is paid off with uncommon junk, I feel unfulfilled and cheated.

Let's make the gaming experience in Battle Bay better for all players; frankly we deserve better than the current star crates have to offer.

k406k, Totoro, JustinBeaver and 5 others like this.
  2. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  3. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the uncommons from the star crates. Saves me from having to spend even more gold in the market for parts

4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Same here.

5. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

I feel as if I get more lucky with the common creates. I've pulled two epics from them while I have received none from uncommon

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

The biggest question though is why OP writes in such a weird font.

I am against any improvement of star rewards as long as the contribution system is as bad as it is, especially with regards to healing. If they'd greatly improve star rewards right now, I would respond by abandoning fixer.

Admiral DrkRealm and aKifer like this.
  7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

The drop rate of the Green Star crate is simply pitiful. 99% of the stuff are crap. You get maybe 1 Rare Powercell with 2 uncommon items and it's "Great!" as if it's something to cheer about.

Infact, even the Epic Crate and the 10X Epic Crates are a bit lacklustre as well.

I touched on this subject awhile ago.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/current-shop-system-does-it-suck.151/

LOL What's with the Courier New Font?

k406k likes this.
  8. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Class-specific star rewards would be sweet. And also solve all the problems about how many stars one gets because instead you're collecting fixer stars, speeder stars, etc. and the rewards can be geared accordingly.

9. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Maybe the star crate should get better the higher your infamy is/ season rating*

Totoro likes this.
  10. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I agree with @D3X about the Epic Crate. I just opened my first one yesterday and got 7 Rare items, Epic item (Standard Mortar that I think I am going to scrap. Waiting for T4 Rare), and all cell and piece with 1 guarantee Legend piece. 2 of the Epic items were Railguns that I srapped. I ended up with enough Rare pieces for another, you guess it, Railgun. I scrapped that too and got a Legendary piece so that make my day. The only useful items I got from the Epic Crate are all Rares: 2 snipper, 1 blast, 1 tri-torp, and a turbo. That's the definition of pitiful consider it costs 3900 pearls. I don't spent much but a VIP month and pearl divings. I guess I have to be a whale to at least get something.

k406k and aKifer like this.
  11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If nothing else they at least alter the code so Great / Amazing only appears when it reflects the truth :)

Nothing amazing about 1 more epic power cell I don't need!

12. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Those texts come based on how much higher rarity you get than you were supposed to i.e. green box gives you blue, purple or golden. Etc. I'd say getting something purple from a common box is always awesome, even if it would be a powercell. Those things are really scarce when you really need them.

13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Just after the transition to the current level/evolve system absolutely --- Now I have enough rare to bring my entire stash of gear from mk4->5 once level permits, & with the new shop system I most certainly do not have to worry about an overflow in epic duplicates :)

14. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Agree, epics are too random for occasional payers. I could drop some cash on the game, but unless you drop a lot it won't make a difference, so I rather not.

I don't think star crates are a problem per se, but I feel new forms of acquiring materials/items should be introduced. I would especially like to se a 24/7 part shop, with discounts appearing in the time shop as they do now