1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

OK listen up you idiot sub-1000 infamy Shooters...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Saobento, 20 Dec 2018.

Tags:
  1. Saobento

Saobento New Member

First of all, I've only broken 1k infamy once, so that's why I'm targeting that demographic. I assume higher-ranked Shooters got there by actually using their brain and being team players.

I main a Fixer, and it seems like I always get teamed up with people who want to run to some remote area and "ambush" the other team like they're some lone-wolf Rambo, while the other team sticks together and kicks our asses. As a rule, STAY TOGETHER. Even if you don't have a Fixer, staying together allows you to concentrate your firepower and take down targets before they can do much damage themselves. I'll make an exception for Speeders, lightning-strikes are what you do, but even then be a team player. If you do have a Fixer and go off on a run, come home for heals when you take damage, you're no good to the team if you're dead.

The other reason for staying close is that it makes my life easier. If the team is nearby, I can heal everybody pretty effectively. If the team spreads out, I spend all my time chasing low-health teammates all over the GD map instead of spamming my heals, and I end up having to ignore other teammates in favor of just one.

I know everyone loves their Shooters in TDM events, but when playing ranked remember to change your playstyle. You're not going to respawn, so don't go off on your own for a suicide run.

PLEASE???

2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I can confirm shooters can get up to 3500 infamy without pro strategy. So don't expect only sub 1k shooters to play poorly :D

I know this because 3,5k is my own infamy range with full set of t5 epic guns and although I have played mainly shooter for the last 1 year or more, I still haven't learned a strategy that would get me to 4k+ with this ship (I was there before with speeder). Sometimes accidental suicide runs still happen to me although I have tried to avoid this. It's just so tempting to go chase someone when your HP is still full and your fire finger is itchy. But then you realize you have went too far and since you're too slow to run away, you just have to watch your 10k HP melt down in 10 seconds. I'm sure when these moments happen, the fixer in my team thinks I'm the biggest idiot on earth :oops:

So I would like to take this chance to apologise to all fixers who have desperately asked me to stay together. I did not do it deliberately! :D

3. Saobento

Saobento New Member

Thanks for at least TRYING to avoid it, at least it shows you're thinking of strategy and the team.

4. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Good luck.

5. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Yeah, good luck is right. Most shooters' thought processes consist of "Move forward... tritorp...railgun...firebomb...sniper...swift torp...repeat"

Not that I'm saying all shooters are bumbling napalm spammers... there are some smart shooters. But they are pretty rare. We speedforcers are the pinnacle of intelligent gameplay... or so we'd like to believe.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

#SpeedforcerMasterRace

Jokes aside, if you can even CONTROL a speedforcer without choking, you're a pro :D
    Six buttons, and most of the time, six individual items.

Nikkie! and Redneck Messiah like this.
  7. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Shhh! Don't tell this to everyone. Distracting targets and making them chase me into the middle of our team is what I do XD.

Jokes aside, thank you for this very helpful infomation.

8. Redneck Messiah

Not to mention the ridiculous agility and speed that comes with the class...

I'd say how many times I bonked while developing the True Speedforcer, but it's a bit embarrassing... CURSE YOU, DOUBLE NITRO!

Agile Vanguard and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

er what is le speedforcer? :confused:
    i havent been here in 10 years

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

Welcome back! Speedforcer is a great class post-3.2. Basically, you take an enfo, kit out OB nitro TS or OB binitro in the yellows and turbo bigshield in the blues. Really, REALLY strong class.

11. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

post 3.2 meaning it isnt strong anymore? ive tried it actually without knowing what it is and i lost all games in it :(
    do you play it like a speeder?
    with more hp?
    slower deifinitely...

12. TheAntiSnipe

Meaning it was weak before update 3.2. You play it like a mk5 speeder with more HP and 3 guns

13. Redneck Messiah

It's awesome! It's basically a tanky speeder, the loadouts you run are super similar (grenades, flares, blast, and carros in some combo, along with the yellow combos detailed above and a turbo with some type of shield.) Amazing meta... It's starting to replace Double Bubble Champions.

I used to dislike enforcers... now that speedforcing is taking over the Bay, it's up there with my beloved speeder, fixer, and interceptor!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Redneck Messiah

...and a thread whining about matchmaking has been converted into another speedforcer praise thread. Someone needs to stop the epidemic lol

Djradnad likes this.
  15. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Well said dude;). Most of the times,our friendly speeder goes straight to the enemy team and will get destroyed within 10 sec like this:

*Blast* One enemy Blast Cannon Crit shot, *Gulp* Eats two enemy big torps and then *Ka-boom* finally destroyed by a single enemy mine:D:D

Sigh,what should I say about them? I think it's better to call them "NOOBS":rolleyes:

Anyways,welcome to the forum dude!:):);)

Last edited: 21 Dec 2018
  16. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

im still doubtful...coz my 'speedforcer' wouldnt and isnt fast enough to evade so whadda do? can someone provide a detailed description of speedforcer playstyle? i dont have any TS at all so that would be out of the question but i have t2rare OB and t2e nitro and another t2r nutro

17. Redneck Messiah

Sounds like you're running my "True Speedforcer", the speedforcer subset that uses dual nitros. Here's a link to my original thread, detailing loadout and tactics for the True Speedforcer subtype, and a replay clip from yours truly.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...-one-bored-redneck-on-a-sunday-evening.23785/

Djradnad, TheAntiSnipe and R4Z0R like this.
  18. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

I don't think those players creates a forum account lol

19. Saobento

Saobento New Member

OK this did get off the rails pretty fast, I created this account specifically for this post. Let's get back to the fact that IDIOT Shooters are ruining this game.

ScrapKing you're probably right, I just needed a place to vent my frustration.

Is there a way to block RedneckMessiah & AntiSnipe from this? All they seem to want is to talk about Speedforcer. I'm a noob myself and I don't even care what that is.

Also F***K OFF R4ZOR stop posting random shit on threads that don't pertain to your query, that's the kind of s**t that makes these posts go unnoticed. Also a shoutout to Happy Sithha & Agile Vanguard, thanks.

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack!
    SPREAD THE WORD !!!

Last edited: 21 Dec 2018
  20. Redneck Messiah

Facts. Shooters tend to not play as tactically as, say, a speeder/fixer/enforcer. I get that shooters are basically mobile artillery units, but there NEEDS to be more in a shooter's repertoire than just running forwards and firing FBs until you die/hit a wall. Shooter players need to either learn to play shooter in a meaningful, tactical, cooperative way, or find a new boat. Especially in ranked... How many times have you all thought your team had the advantage boat/level wise, but lost because the other team played smart and two of your shooters suicided? I used to think suicidal speeders were the game's chief problem... but now shooters regularly suicide, which is god awful when your boat is A) The backbone of any team's offense, and B) A boat that needs to stay alive as long as possible to keep outputting damage, which is the one thing shooters are supposed to do. Somebody should write a guide on tactical shooter play and loadouts... in fact, i'll go do that.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.