1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Not playing ranked unless you do something about matchmaking

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Undead fixer, 12 Dec 2018.

1. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Had 10 loses the Other day Screenshot_2018-12-11-07-17-24-16.png Screenshot_2018-12-11-07-17-29-89.png because of these such unfair matches.
    4 fixers and 1 speeder vs 5 shooters cmon devs.
    And saying that its pointless???
    So many good players left the game already
    And more are quitting nearly everyday.
    i only joined thw forums because you devs and MVPs listened to us players.
    But what happened to that?? We been giving you ideas of how to make the game better.
    Again i bet you will say matchmaking is fine and lock the thread.
    And plus you MVPs are SAYING i have NO skill WTF must be out of your mind!.
    And it makes ME have NOTHING to say.
    Improve my skill tf?
    Honestly i dont understand this game anymore you dont listen to us..

*TheFriendlyFixer*

2. Undead fixer

And i keep seeing players talking about it in chill zone and discord and i feel for them.
    Please fix it.

3. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    I do not want to offend you, but maybe (I've tried it too) can you try another boat? If that helps you? Or find a good fleet mate that can help you winning;)

(because this concerns mathematics can come into play, - + - = +! )

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    people who says you don't have skills are mostly stupidly idiots . even if you are well skilled having 3-5 fixers against 5 shooters skills are not gonna work . shooters got long rang mortars and cannons , they can do more dmg then fixer can heal .

i have faced lots of battles where match making was bad . what i do is i stop playing for some moment if keep getting bad match making . I like events more then Infamy battles because win or lose you gonna get coins but in infamy battles if you have some suiciders in team you also gonna lose infamy no matter how much good you play .

if there are multiple fixers in a battle they can divide them in both team which can make it still fair .

5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

That is how it should be done, and had been done in the past. What is going on now is a joke. 4 Fixers and 1 Speeder on a team? :eek:

They are creating gimmick matches and it is contradicting the past belief that Infamy Battles were the holy grail of BattleBay and to be taken very seriously.

In the past we were always given assurances that the #1 goal of infamy battles was to create a scenario which each team has a 50% chance of winning.
    This has been thrown out the window and now we are getting gimmick matches for the apparent reason of the game being too "dull".

If we want these type of gimmick battles, then we can play "Custom Battles".

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Zeus says the data tells him 4 fixers+shooter vs 4 shooters+Defender doesn't favor either side. You can believe it or not, but that's why it is how it is.

The goal is to kill, Shooters are better than Fixers at dealing damage, and thus I still don't understand how that matchup is even.

7. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

4 fixers? OMG it’s more like sheeps surrounded by wolves

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Just wow lol.
    Who... What... WHERE? I don't see how skill will help when you have 4 fixers on one side!

PallabKumarS likes this.
  9. Ow Stop It

Ow Stop It Member

Full Time Fixer here. I was at 3700 Infamy 3 weeks ago. Same gear, same boat, nothing changed...except the game proceeded to give me a roughly 14% win rate over the course of the next 1-3 days. I ended up at 2500 Infamy. And because I’m punished for having dogsheet teammates, I now get 0 Stars per match, and maybe 4k gold/1500 Sugar if the game feels generous. So yeah, Events all the way for me until my Interceptor or Reaper are lvl’d up, whichever comes first.

10. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Bro, no one actually said the current matchmaking is fine. The match making is such a joke and people stop complaining about it because either they stop caring about infamy or finally realized devs don't care to make fair match making algorithm. Why? $$

PallabKumarS and EyeOfDoom like this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Full time Shooter here. I've lost 1200 Infamy in the past 3 weeks as well... as have quite a few of my guild mates in that same period. It correlates exactly with v4.0 release and perpetual events... and maybe other things like matchmaking?

12. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Yeah, league matches are a mess. Matches are pretty much decided before they even start no matter if you do 2k damage or 20k. That's why I'm just going to leave my infamy at 4k and just play events.

13. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Fixers + mines are an easy win, even when 40% of the team are suicide machines.
    Everybody is using mines lately and they're crazy op. Just mine up a route and keep moving. You can't lose if you stay covered.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  14. Undead fixer

Same here man and fixers heals are not Great at stopping dmg anymore.
    In fact fixers are not such a great support ship as it used to be :(

15. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

I highly doubt MM cause all of your losts