1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

No active chat moderation will cause legal problems for your game...

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Tripple Moon, 12 Aug 2017.

1. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Please get help from a Turkish speaking staff member to read the email in the screenshot,l i sent to the Public Prosecution Office of Turkey.
    Feel free to delete this post also like the one before, unless you are willing to discuss this matter in a mature and positive way.
    (it won't slow me down in my road of actions)

https://prnt.sc/g7kj88
    ff-Screenshot-2017-8-12 7+ Küfürlü oyun nasıl ihbar edilir?.png

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

You guys launching a political revolution in the chat box over there

3. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

i cant read the chats, what does it say?
    Just how the global chat usually is?

Ultrah likes this.
  4. LeChuck

LeChuck New Member

Hey dude, happy sunday fuck you for being a douche.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  5. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    And this kind of posts is exactly the problem im fighting...
    Unwarrented insulting and swearing.

Maybe it's "ok" where you were raised, maybe even on this forum as it's been over 2hrs since your posting and it's still publicly viewable. ( https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/please-read-forum-rules-code-of-conduct.3/#post-3333 )
    But in other countries, like Turkey fe, it's forbidden by law to cuss and insult in public, especially in an environment where minors (7+ are children) are exposed to it.
    So feel free to use those words towards your own parents and folk, but don't poison another ones culture.

Edit:
    If one culture does not repect the behavioural standards of another culture, then that other culture has all rights to block access to protect it's community...

Last edited: 13 Aug 2017
    Ultrah likes this.
  6. BasedCarpen

Then don't use American chatrooms where we don't have archaic restrictions on speech.

7. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Is that seriously the problem? He's reporting a game to his country's public prosecutor because, as people are wont to do, someone swore? Grow up, TC. Most countries don't have ridiculous restrictions on speech the way yours apparently does. If it hurts your little feelings, you're free to avoid the chat.

Also, if you posted this before and it was deleted, that's probably because you broke the rule about English only on the forum. If you stopped worrying about being self righteous long enough to read the rules for a second, maybe you would've seen that one. If it's that important an issue for you, maybe you should try writing it in English. It's not their responsibility to hire a translator to figure out what your grievance is, asshole.

Last edited: 13 Aug 2017
  8. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    I don't... in respect to OP.
    It's about the Turkish channel.

9. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I wouldn't have known, actually. Those screenshots are potato quality. I couldn't tell you what language the chat rooms are, only what language the email is, which by the way is STILL NOT ENGLISH, the language you're supposed to use in these forums. Further, if it is against the law to swear in Turkey, it's likely a public prosecutor would be pursuing the individuals swearing, not the company who owns the chat room. They've put reasonable measures in place by building filters and providing a report function. People doing so anyway are the ones at fault, not the company. Pursuing legal action against them for other people swearing is tantamount to suing a building's owner for it being graffitied. So long as they're continuing to ban or mute players for violating chat rules, they're well within the bounds of any developed nation's laws, and you're still the asshole in this situation for pretending otherwise.

10. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Christ, you really are a moron. You have no idea how the law works, do you? Yes, there's no ignore feature, but that's significantly different from reporting and/or banning. In either event, if there's no filter whatsoever for the Turkish chat, that's both news to me and different from every other language I speak and read in game. Spanish and Italian are both filtered relatively well, English to a level that borders on helicopter parenting, and Japanese at least some, though my reading comprehension there is significantly limited, so I can't speak much to the extent of it. Just the same, again, the ones using the chat in violation of the rules are at fault, not Rovio. Despite your ridiculous crusade, the chances of this game being blocked because of people swearing in its chat are infinitesimal. Go do something productive with your life, instead of wasting everyone's time with this nonsense.

ThatOnion likes this.
  11. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    In star wars style: Well mentally weak one, if you are unaware let the force of Muhammed enlighten you.
    (I used Muhammed to counter your Christ)

Turkey is a "well known" country to block access to sites that are in violation with their laws.
    So the chances of a block are near 100%...
    My crusade is to save both parties: The game lovers (me included) and minors being exposed to filt in this country.
    Unfortunatly as much as i love games any game actually, i value the laws more especially when it comes to child protection!
    You and others might think different that's your own choice.

12. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Okay, let's make this clear at the beginning: I do NOT want to insult anyhow so sorry if I do, it is not meant to be.

Now to the point: First of all, if you really have sent request to ban this game in Turkey, you're being the one ruining game experience from your people as they can't play and probably will find apk file to play somehow else. Then again if you think it is game makers problem that your Turkey chat is having bad language etc. It is not true. Those chat rooms are made to spread people to other chats so they can use own language, it is NOT any way offical language chat which would need to be more watched or so. People there are the ones responsible on it and how toxic it is. If you do see unapproximated behaviour there, feel free to report and tell it in English, please. Be polite as I assume you have been at least in the first place. Also do remember that there is massive load of unnecessary reports too so it might take some time for them to find why someone is reported.
    As @Miika has said, they are not creating automatic banner just because people would missuse it.

I do know how annoying those spammers, political comments etc are, I really do. It is a game chat after all but please do not demand a company to hire a translator for your email as you clearly know how to express it in English too.

And what comes to mute option, there is more to do than a mute option. Like Miika said in other thread, games like supercell's Clash of Clans did get mute option after a year from global launch so they do have time for that as looking for same schedule.

13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Using terms such as "puking shithole" in a thread about chat behaviour is perhaps not the most convincing strategy :)

14. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    I'm a bit pissed off at the staff for sending me a warning for the replies i posted above, so bare with my aggrevation at moment. ...

Any language chat channel provided by the game interface of a game IS an official channel of the game company by definition, see their terms etc...
    When a company makes a game accesible to children (7+) it has to comply with several LAW's, to start with the laws from the country they operate from and extending with the global international laws to protect children. Are you able to follow so far? I asume you do...
    When a game company operates outside their own law teritory they need to comply with the laws in the teritory they wish to operate in, or risk being blocked.
    This only happen in a few teritories like china, turkey and a few others that DON'T share a common law as western europe and united states.
    The biggest reason is because of non-shared religious values.
    For example as it might be very normal and amusing to kill and violate cows in mentioned teritories above, it's very offensive for hindoeïsme IIRC.

Anyway because the game company operates a turkish or any other language channel, they are obliged to have at least 1 staff member that can mediate between said language and the company staff.
    So it's not an unreasonable REQUEST to ask them to seek help from such a staff member to read what i wrote to my authorities.
    Yes read what and how i worded my sentence in OP, it's not a demand, and I'm not obliged to inform them of my actions but i did to find a solution before they hit the wall...

Yes i might be the one who will ruin the game for many of my country players, but that's something worth to do if you add the protection of the children of my country to the equation.
    Example: I for one don't think it is a bad thing to prevent a man from swimming nude and harassing children in a swimming pool, even if that ruins the "fun" for the observing rest.
    I'm almost certain readers will now argument that that is something different as what my post is about, but it is in essence the same issue.
    I hope you can follow what my reasoning is.

15. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    You should have read what that other person wrote to me, and you would agree that i was unnecessary mild there...;)

16. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    Sory for the late reaction to your question...
    The contents of the chat is in Turkish and it is not fit to be read in public.
    The global chat, english channels, can not even be compared to this as it would be like comparing an ant with an horde of elephants ;)

17. BasedCarpen

" has to comply with several LAW's, to start with the laws from the country they operate from and extending with the global international laws to protect children. "

This is simply incorrect and absurd to believe a game would have to comply to every law in every pissant Country around the globe because it's available on the internet. If the content is illegal in your Country the burden is on YOU not to download or consume it.

18. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    fine im not the judge who will rule here, don't have to convince me.
    I'm just stating the facts as they are, not how i or anyone else wants them to be.
    Like it or not thats up to you, but it won't change the issue at hand unless rovio tkes some actions, as they seem to have taken as the chat is much less polluted at moment.
    Time will tell if they did something of a permanent art or merely chat-muted all the offenders I and others have been reporting, in which case it will all repeat again and new evidence will be sent....

19. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

No, you're stating the facts as you wish they were. There's a difference. Regardless, it's not their job to be your personal net nanny. People misusing the chat are the ones at fault. In your analogy about a guy swimming naked: you're filing a claim against the pool's owners for not somehow pre-emptively stopping the man from ripping his clothes off and jumping naked in the pool, despite it being against pool rules to do so. It's ridiculous. You're not going to get anywhere with nonsense like that. Stop with the 'protecting the children' bit already, btw. It's alarmist and unnecessary. Unless you live the most sheltered life on the planet, you're well aware of what a swear word is at a fairly young age, and seeing one written out here and there isn't going to ruin you. You're here, on these boards, making mountains out of molehills for no reason. Just stop it.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  20. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    I suppose we both have the right to have different opinions on any topic, thats why there are judges ;)