1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice Shot badge misrepresenting healers

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by ipsonem, 29 Oct 2017.

Tags:
?

Healers that can make those long saving shots?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. ipsonem

ipsonem New Member

As a dedicated healer in any game that allows the role, it has come to my attention that the "nice shot" badge is misrepresenting healers.

i.e. A battle where I have only used Repair Bolts for items which affect more than myself, thus finishing the match with a damage rating of zero, heal rating of x, and x number of "Nice Shot" badges.

Currently the badge states specifically that a moving ENEMY was hit, thus misrepresenting any healers actually making good saves. I propose that a new badge be added to balance this, stating instead that the shot was made for healing an ally.

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

You ever get this one "miracle" Screenshot_2017-10-24-17-50-48.png

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

what are the point of these badges, is there any worth to them. Sometimes i get 7 or 8 and i start getting angry as it sometimes blocks my view of the enemy

4. ipsonem

ipsonem New Member

I have never gotten this one no

5. ipsonem

ipsonem New Member

I assume they are like the end of match badges that Halo so popularized, but I agree they do get in the way more often than not.

6. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

What is miracle???
    I got Team BBQ once, but that's a bit off topic.
    Screenshot_20171023-223515 (2).png Screenshot_20171023-223519 (2).png
    You can turn these badges off in settings.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Miracle is when you land a long ass bolt shot that saves someones life, I hit it on damage depot from one end of the bus all the way down past the rock on the other side of the map

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Ohh, I see. Is it like Life Saver but with a repair bolt at a distance?

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

Yeah, it's gotta be extreme long range. I got two - both on Subzero (different games) shooting my repair bolt from the very top of our spawn all the way to the bottom of their spawn.

10. ipsonem

ipsonem New Member

Kinda feel like this has gone off topic a bit. My intention in posting this was to make it aware to other players and/or the devs and maybe actually get it changed.

I did find the option to turn off the in-game badge rewards, though it is worded differently.

The fact remains that this badge, whether awarded immediately or post-game, is assigning the wrong kind of idea to people viewing the post-game results, representing healers as damage dealers.

Keeping the whole team alive is often not an easy task, you're paying attention to different things in the game that most players are concerned with.