1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Weapon: Minesweeping Melee

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ShinkuMoon, 17 Mar 2019.

1. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

Introducing - the Plasma Cutter (inspired by a certain item in Robocraft), the new member of shotgun-saber league!

The cutter is a hold-to-active weapon, much like that of the gatling where they all have a "clip/mag". Hold the firing button to active the cutter and then the cutter can do damage to the unfriends within the damage recognition while consuming energy (ammo) in the clip. Players can release the fire button mid-way to stop the energy consumption or use up the clip and wait for a long reloading, just like the gatling (btw plz add premature reloading plz).

Item Color: Red/Teal; Item Points: 1/2

The clip size can be the same as the gatling. And cooldown should be similar if not identical to gating.

The dmg area should be similar to the defense wall of guardians but much less spread and longer extension (at least longer than the mine triggering radius) while active. The unfriends get in contact with the plasma area while can be damaged. Can damage multiple targets if they are close enough.

The dmg should be done in a form of damage-per-tick/ DoT where 1s counts as 2 ticks - instead of an instant dmg which can be easily abused by nitro users, a continuous firing weapon seems to be less OP.

The dmg per tick should initially scale similar to a cannon shot and wind-up to that of a sniper shot in 5 ticks (2.5s, just as the global cooldown) - again to prevent H&R abusing, the initial dmg shouldn't be too much while still rewarding for the opportunists.

The same wind-up mechanism applies to armor penetration - a certain percentage/points AP initially and then full AP. I am thinking about taking the fixers' defense points as the initial AP amount. (Yeah I will definitely hate this weapon).

Now the very important utility - the cutter can sweep mines while active, regardless if the mine is from friends or unfriends. To be specific, the mines will be triggered and do damage to all nearby ships except the cutter user (maybe the cutter user will suffer a little bit dmg too? like 1% or something?).

Some optional tags: can sweep torpedos; can ignite/slow; critical hit; greater dmg on ignited targets.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For devs:

Here is a list of features that can be taken directly from existing items:

1. Clips and damage ticks from the gatling;
    2. Damage recognition area from the defense wall;

In terms of appearance, maybe just a pair of Tesla coils sticking out when the weapon is inactive and some intense current between them while active. Some noise can be nice too. I don't know how to draw digital-wise so please excuse me about this part.

Again, while all the cooldown and damage scale is subject to balancing, please consider them as the results of my careful theory-crafting.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just some less important input:

I came across several posts about mine sweeper but IMO an item solely for minesweeping simply won't be popular among players just as the cleanse pulse (I cannot even recall its proper name), not to mention the fact that mines do play an important part in strategies in ranked games (I agree that they are cancers in events). By giving it some extra value, it might just get into the popular wepaons' league.

As always, feel free to quote this post. Let's make BB better.