1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Weapon Ideas

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 30 Aug 2017.

1. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Some ideas I've come up with...

Sonic Wave Blaster (red item)
    Pointy barrel with rings around it (larger in back, gradually going smaller towards the front) that emits a devastating sonic wave blast shown as a short wave of vibrating rings.
    The blast does immediate damage, and vibrates the ships for a short duration making the ship/camera POV shake and throws off targeting. You can still fire, but you'll have to compensate for the jittery effect. Disables auto targeting (not manual), Tesla Shields and stops any healing abruptly.

Flash Bang Grenade (red item)
    Short, barrel tube that pops up flash bang grenades. For those within the area of damage, a short stun duration occurs (think carronade) and the screen goes white/yellow from being blinded for a very short duration. You can still fire... but good luck hitting your target. Restored vision should fade back in almost immediately after the initial 2-3 second blindness effect.

Tsunami Wave Maker (yellow item)
    This unique weapon fires a special depth charge in front of the ship causing a large wave to be created and rush ahead. The waves acts as a barrier blocking incoming direct fire (cannons, flares etc.) and when hits the targeted ships, causes them to be pushed back and tossed around violently. Immediately after the initial hit steering is affected. This is a defensive weapon that can be used as a shield for those behind it and a great way to break and scatter a cluster of ships.

Tactical Mini Nuclear Missiles (red item)
    Honestly i just want to see mini mushroom clouds in the Bay but... i would make them a single, line-of-site rocket. Damage effect-wise, I would treat them as a cross between an Explosive Cannon and Torpedoes in the sense that when a ship or wall is hit, there is an area of effect that causes all ships within the vicinity to experience damage and loss of motion and firing capabilities due to the EMP effect. I would make the ship that was hit take the most damage and the longest EMP effect. EMP effect should be a very short duration. Affected Ships would glow green. Because let's face it... that would just look cool.

Smoke Bomb Grenade (yellow item)
    Bomb that does no damage but creates a purple, smoke cloud obscuring vision across an area of effect that hides player tags while you're within the cloud. Perks would affect duration and area of effect size.

New Entry:
    Jump Jets (blue item)
    These give you the ability to lift off and out of the water. Like a hop forward. This would allow you to not only evade mines and torpedoes, but may give you enough height to shoot over some waves. For this to work, you should be able to fire almost immediately after the jump.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2017
  2. disorder

disorder Active Member

was thinking about this?
    shooter and def are not able to use yellow things .
    => power "attack me" => why having 12K health if no one care about you?
    this power with 5 second duration: the opponent will aim at you and will not be able to aim other, a distract power?

in fact red or blue control power but more "situationnal" than yellow one.
    def without aggro is a pain for me...

3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Those are some SERIOUSLY awesome ideas! Now you need to make a pic to show us how they would look/explode. :D

4. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

How does one in Nightmare League get banned from VIP chat?

5. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Off Topic? There's a thread discussing that.

6. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Credit to @Crashedup .
    DIVE IN ( blue item, 2 slots, effective time 5 sec, cooldown heavy )
    Item to save you from all those times when you are targeted by whole unfriends team.
    Press it to dive underwater for a 5 sec breather.
    Speed below water will be 75% of original and torpedo will hit harder when under water and mortar will still do 25% of their original damage.
    Finally a blue item which is not passive.

ittiarazam likes this.
  7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I like the tsunami idea. Very tactical and I could see great combos for tsunami+torpedo

You also forgot about the baseball bat and airhorn (if you still remember lol) ;)

8. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

One black slot for each ships above mk4 or so which serves the purpose of camouflage. Like DIVE IN mentioned above, short distance teleportation, invisibility for very short amount of time and such. It certainly would be something cool. It might not be logical and lot to manage but it would make the game whole lot fun to play.

Raheam likes this.
  9. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

I think there should be an analog of Tesla shield for destroying not airborne but underwater projectiles (including mines).
    It can be kinda 20° conus AoE yellow item making underwater sonic wave in 10m radius for example which makes torpedoes and mines detonate on impact and ships stunned for a short time.
    Or it can be green item with same mechanics! Kinda single very high wave maker dealing no heal but removing burning effect from allies and throwing torpedoes and mines in the air making them detonate when they fall down (torpedoes can move a bit in the air. Finally we'll see that smiley face! :D).

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  10. ittiarazam

ittiarazam New Member

Mariner
    Tesla blaster 2slots 11s cooldown with blastradius

Fires like a mortar that stuns all ships in the blast radius for secounds.....making ships unable to fire but able to move slowly.

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Th
    That would be op

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  12. Crashedup

I
    I like it idea of smoke bomb and flashbang kinda like cs but still a great getaway for ships but the cooldown on these should be massive or spamming will make game lengthy.
    Ur tsunami idea is way too op.i had the similar idea of having aoe cyclone weapon which sucks the ships in the centre but no dmg and a little difficult in aiming.

13. Crashedup

Lol thanx

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Crashedup

STICKY BOMB ( 1 slots direct fire aoe dmg radius 4 tile)
    You stick the bomb to a ship and its burst after some time leading to affect the nearby team members too.
    It will be a nasty little surprise packet

15. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

I imagine that would OP when equipped by speeders. They can just charge with over boost and nitro through opponent team, activate the power behind their back, and then go for a flanking position leaving the opponent team very vulnerable from up front.
    And when you factor the slow turret rotation on shooter and defender, it would take forever for them to recover and refocus the other team. By the time they regain their focus, they would already half dead, if not completely.

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Heal pulse launcher, like mortar, but heals. Dual slots

Tesla launcher, fires like a mortar, stuns like a tesla bolt but much lesser and an aoe effect, 2 slots.

Tesla pulse, fires like a healing pulse, but stuns all enemies within a range of say 6, but for very less duration, 2 slot.

Tesla shield blaster, fires like a freeze blaster, but throws a tesla shield on friends to protect them.

Tesla shield launcher, fires like a mortar, but throwsaoe shields on friends, can't use in close range, 2 slots.

Tesla shield pulse, fires like a healing pulse but throws a tesla shield 6 radius range and protects all allies within it. 2 slots.

(I know, not very creative but meh).

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

This is only good as it doesn't sound too op imo. People are already complaining about stuns so new stunning items would only make more people mad :D
    Anyway, tesla shield blaster could be good for protecting own fixer but it can't slef-stun in that case as it is not own decission to launch it so it could probably lead to "friend stunning" and would give seal clubbers even better way to drop and mess around.

Althought it is nice people are thinking new possible items to the game :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. CheekyDevilGod

Freeze mine, works like mine, except no dmg, just total freeze, 0 movement for a few seconds (Upgrades increases duration).

Tesla mine, works like mine, no dmg, stun (Upgrade increases duration)..

Freeze pulse, works like healing pulse, aoe freeze to all ships within a radius of 6 units.

19. CheekyDevilGod

Any new items would make people mad cause that means lesser chance if dropping the item you want

We're jist screwing around here, it's not like the devs are actually gonna implement anything we say. They don't even implement the features we demand afterall.

The Otherguy likes this.
  20. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I'd like to see a flamethrower. Short range, short duration, short cooldown. typical flare damage but does not stick when not in flames. Fire perks would only be affected while in the flames. Also, if they did a stealth option they should just implement submarines. That would be ridiculous. Cool Thread BTW.

Y0ur_Fath3r and Jillycut like this.