1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Weapon Idea: Poison Harpoon

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Ian, 14 Mar 2018.

?

Poison Harpoon: Does the idea at least sound interesting?

1. I 100% Need this item in the game!

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Sounds like a cool item, and would appreciate it being made

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. I'm indifferent, wouldn't care if it was / wasn't added

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. I dislike this idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I know the game probably doesn't need new item ideas, but here is mine anyways :) These are some of the specifications that I would prefer, but it does not necessarily need to have these exact stats or mechanics, rather this is just what I would want it to be like:
    - rough estimates of weapon specifications
    Please check this image first:
    POISONHARPOO.png <-
    Poison / Acid Harpoon
    - 2 Slot DOT (damage over time) weapon -- Because it is 2 slot it SHOULD be a BIT better than flare, other 1 pt weapons
    - Poisons enemy!
    - Deals a bit more damage than the flare, w/ a shorter duration.
    - Weapon arc I'm not sure about, probably similar to standard cannon

How does the poison work?
    - Works similar to flare, but it instead deals larger damage per second over a shorter time
    - It could (should) also have some added differentiation to simple DOT. Perhaps it could have one (or more) of the following:
    A) Every time a poisoned ship is hit, the poison timer adds a couple of seconds / adds 20-50% of the original time
    B) Poisoned ships have turret agility decrease / speed slow or some sort of debuff ( Perhaps this would be part of a crit % chance of poison harpoon?)
    C) Increases carronade damage (adds poison damage perks / talents for carro)
    D) Poisons other ships that come into contact with it
    E) Increases damage of all incoming damage by 10-20% (prob would be a talent?)
    F) Negates a ship's defense while it is active
    Heres a poll if you guys care to give me feedback for how u would prefer poison/acid to work: https://www.strawpoll.me/15272284

My reasoning behind these numbers for weapon specifications:
    2 Slots - Defenders, Speeders desperately need more viable 2 slot point weapons. As of now, explosive cannon is basically the only very good 2 slot point option, and so many speeders/defenders waste slot points b/c they do not want to use the ex cannon.
    Cooldown: - unique cooldown creates for more setup cooldown combinations and the shorter CD works well for a defender with only 3 usable items
    Range: - A drawback for its seemingly OPness, its lower range requires one to get in close. Perfect for defenders, speeders, and okay for fixers, shooters.
    Projectile Speed: - It just wouldn't make sense for a harpoon to travel faster than a cannon, thus its slower speed. Also a unique speed that requires a good amount of practice to learn.
    Damage and Duration: - I would prefer it to have a shorter duration, but higher damage thus allowing for greater debuffs w/o making it OP and lasting 20 seconds. Basically we cant slow a ship for 20 seconds, that would be way OP, so we must shorten the duration and increase the damage to make up for that. Also would help to differentiate from standard fire.

I know this would probably be a lot of work to add due to the new poison feature, but if the developers ever do decide to expand the weapon list, I think adding this weapon alongside other poison items would be cool.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2018
  2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Yes this game does need new weapon ideas

Ian and Cryix like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Instead of poison, why not acid? And using it makes carro ignore x% defense?

The Otherguy, NoTzHoNg, Cryix and 2 others like this.
  4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Yeah if people like the defense penetration idea or the Carronade damage boost then calling it acid would make more sense

Cryix and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Yea I was gonna bring up @TheAntiSnipe's acid idea. Poison wouldn't have an effect on ships lol acid/corrosion would be cooler and more appropriate. Making it a 2pt would make it pretty nice, I think it should give defense penetration to all weapons since it has a short duration.

6. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

U r at high infamy bro:eek:no one can chase u.......141541:eek::eek::eek:Btw bck to the topic.....great idea:p

Ian and PastelPiku like this.
  7. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I think that if we had it tear through defense (acid) then an even bigger defender buff than it already needs should be made. Although, the item in itself would work quite well on defenders so idk.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2018
    Cryix and PastelPiku like this.
  8. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Since it's a harpoon wouldn't it be cool that it holds on to ships for 8 seconds. You can go all out for 8 seconds on that ship. I mean you can fire at least 2 of your weapons and the ship can't escape the radius at which it got shot. You can run circles around the user but can't run away.

Will work for shooters, enfo, defenders? For fixers you can use it on a friendly to hold on to those suiciding champs and let them know they are not going anywhere..lmao.... I think it will be a speeder killer (speeder main here) but it will be fun. Speeders can drag boats out of cover and stuff with this. :D

Cryix and Ian like this.
  9. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    Hey this would be a good setup for speeders. Acid and carro.
    It'd make carronade more popular too.

PastelPiku, TheAntiSnipe and Ian like this.
  10. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

The weapon should be called Acid Wash.

And it should not only create damage upon impact. But elliminate base defense pts and perk defnse during it's duration.
    And it should also slow turret and turn radius of unfriends boat. Similar to carronade but more boat mechanics degrading specific.

It shouldn't receive any more combo items than this. Since when this acid works. All weapons will benefit.

The damage should be higher than flare by X2. So if flare is normally 88. This will start at 168 a second.
    but lesser duration by 25 to 50 percent.
    And should have acid perks to increase the duration.

This can be a 1 slot weapon. Or 2 slot.

But if it's a 2 slot weapon.
    It should be 3 x stronger than flare. Ie 3 x 88 =264 a second.

Cool down should be 11.1 seconds if 1 slot.
    And 12.2 seconds if devs make it a 2 slot weapon with higher damage.

Jaws

PastelPiku, Ian and Cryix like this.
  11. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

I think 2 would be fine.....1 slot will make this overpowered bcz it have so much benefits:rolleyes:

PastelPiku and *JAWS* like this.