1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New ship speculation?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Epicular, 22 Oct 2018.

1. Epicular

Epicular Well-Known Member

Creator of BayStats
  2. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Based on the name "reaper", I think it might be a shooter/fixer hybrid with no yello slots.

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  3. Epicular

Creator of BayStats
    I think a green ship with no yellow slots would be an interesting sight. I always have to aim at enemy Fixers with the knowledge that they might suddenly speed away - a green ship without yellow items would be a much easier target.

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I'm just curious how Reaper plays in. Currently every ships name is a nod to the playstyle/role of each ship.
    Shooter - Lots of weapons, damage dealer
    Defender - lots of hp, defends teammates
    Enforcer - lot of utilities, crowd control
    Speeder - fastest ship on the bay, flank/ hit and run assassin.
    Fixer - access to healing items, fixes allies
    Interceptor - speed + firepower, flank protection.
    Reaper - ???
    My guess is this will replace the role of selfish fixer. I think it will be a combination of damage dealer and fixer or antifixer measures. It might be introduced with a new item that leaches enemy hp to heal yourself while dealing damage to enemies.

With the stocky nature of the build it looks more like a defender meaning it will be slow.
    Prediction: 4RRR3GG4BBB

Winter Chicken likes this.
  5. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

HYPED HYPED HYPED HYPED;););)

6. Epicular

Creator of BayStats
    I agree with that statement, with the exceptions of Enforcer and Interceptor. Without any prior context, it’s impossible to accurately guess what the roles of those ships might be.

A “selfish fixer” role sounds to me like the best guess so far - an offensive ship that can heal itself if left alone for too long.

JoshW likes this.
  7. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I haven't used the Interceptor yet so it's hard to say but based on the slots it seems like it has the speed and firepower to be a successful flanking or antiflanking ship.

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I think the devs read my mind. If it were up to me I would have made a 4-weapon ship with a flex slot Y/G. The Interceptor and the Reaper together sound like a possible split of that idea. The 4-weapon ship fills a gap, and I've been thinking a long time about a Shooter/Fixer hybrid that can heal on the front lines. So many strategy options for those boats... These ships are game changers, in a positive way.

That being said, for me the Premium ship idea is falling flat... I've lost my excitement after realizing the unreasonable levels of grinding required to get one Premium boat, much less two. These ships would make for an awesome Battle Bay if available to all, but limiting them to P2P boats prolongs the potential to months down the road. That doesn't even touch on the fact that I have no epic cells to finish off a half dozen weapons read to go, so I haven't a clue where I'm going to find Power Cells for Yellow and Green items. Grinder Bay? Pay 2 Battle Bay?

9. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

One week ago I would've been very excited but after the interceptor release I just don't feel so positive anymore. My interceptor is currently level 4 and I don't see myself getting the required ~200k more pieces any time soon. If I keep grinding 10k pieces a week (assuming there will always be possibility to obtain pieces), it will then take me nearly five months before my interceptor is maxed. Five months so I can just start to use the ship without lacking HP?

After five months I definitely wouldn't be too excited to repeat it all for the "reaper" o_O

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

...and the Reaper will be out long before that 5 months is up.

11. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Hyped for something that you can't play with ? ;)

12. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I would like to add that basically I'm not against the idea of premium ships that take long time to get.. I can play the game for five months to get the ship, no problem..

But can you PLEASE let us get the pieces by playing the normal battles so at least it wouldn't feel like endless grinding. I'm already sick of the CTF event and I would like to get back to normal battles but that's not an option now if I ever want to level up my interceptor.

Someone on this forum suggested that ship pieces could be added to star crates to give stars more meaning again (now 99 % of their loot is junk). I believe that would be a fantastic move, please devs consider this idea :)

LimeOnMars, XQT, BattleRascal and 3 others like this.
  13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Probably a defender with one green slot with 2 points.

FearsomeChicken and Reorge like this.
  14. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    "My guess is this will replace the role of selfish fixer. I think it will be a combination of damage dealer and fixer or antifixer measures. It might be introduced with a new item that leaches enemy hp to heal yourself while dealing damage to enemies. "

Love that idea!!

HAPPY SITHSHA, Reorge and JoshW like this.