1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New rivalry matchup algorithm

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jowiee, 26 Feb 2018.

1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Does anyone know how the new rivalry matchups are being calculated? From my observation, we are matched with other with the same number of "Guild Quests". If so, isn't it better to just keep creating a new guild every other week for a easier and better chance of getting rank #1???

2. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

What does "guild quest" really represent?

Attached Files:

3. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I think you are right, they are basing it on guild quest.
    I believe they call it "Guild Activity" from the patch update.

In my opinion, this new algorithm is punishing the low level guilds(both guilds finishes the same # of quest but the higher level guild finishes it faster which puts them ahead in rankings).

Although at the same time it prevents infamy tanking. So I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

4. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I guess you don't receive prizes if you create a new guild... Just guessing here, do you wanna try?

5. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I think it'd be no prize every other week. Maybe worth it for 1st place every other week?

6. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Don't know, you'd need a lot of active players to do it and it would equals only the 2nd place (42k/2 weeks).
    My guild has completed 52 quests until now and we will probably going to lose this rivalry to @Gnu , 's guild (they're giving us a really hard time), but I also guess we will receive 21k and already received 48k (12k per completed board) + I don't know 74k, maybe (1000 per completed quest on 1st board, et cetera)?
    I really don't think it'd be worthy to create a new guild every 2 weeks.