1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New players coming to the bay, good luck with that

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by V__, 28 Jan 2018.

1. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

So i have a main account at Mk5 and very close to 4k but i'm always wanted to play enforcer so i made a new account to learn that ship. From the beginning, it brought back so much memories from the very first time i played the game and ofc with some noob skill, i can reach further than other new players.

And then, the funny story begins when i reach warrior league. At my time i can reach 1k5 with mostly t1 epic and t2 or luckily t3 rare items. I was amazed when i played my 2nd account cause those guys have much better item than my main and still at around 1k infamy.

[​IMG]
    A normal match look like this, yeah, t4 epics at 1k infamy. My main at close to 4k still used green item
    And i started to notice that those 1k even come with maxed t5 rare items like this guy below.

[​IMG]
    My strongest weapon did 400 damage, this guy did 1k each hit, 2 hits is the total damage i could done in a game.
    So good luck with that new players, you have 2 options, 1 is playing til 1k5 something and quit the game and 2 is to spend lots of money to get the items to be on par with those maxed 1k infamy tanker.

Bonus one, so you think maxed rare is unbelievable at 1k? Think again!

[​IMG]
    T5 epic at around 1k4 infamy, this guy on the enemy team can messed up your day for sure!​

2. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Basically yes. I'm a new free to play player and that's basically what I encountered in my M2 shooter... and my M3.... and my M4. You missed the guys with a full rack of E40-50 gear though or the guy with a handful of legendaries. You can see those exact same boats anywhere between about 500 and 1300 infamy although you see a lot less of them per match in the lower range. But by the time you hit 1200 the boats you're showing are the norm not the exception.

For bonus fun, the split between M4 and M5 also gives the shooter another gun tube.... so 25% more power automagically on top of those awesome guns.

My solution was to tank so that my infamy remained in some more reasonable range. I just found the "hide behind a rock and cringe" role unrewarding and my overall income stream trickled to a halt.

PastelPiku and S2C like this.
  3. S2C

S2C Member

What infamy is fair anymore? I've gone down all the way to 300-400 at one point hoping to catch a break from these mk4s and 5s, but it was still basically the same situation.

I guess the only way to escape the cancer matchmaking this game has is to go below 100 infamy so that you only play against bots until you have your own mk5 with t5 weapons

4. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

FYI, there are more Mk5s and even Mk6s below 100 infamy than new players ;) i got match up with a Mk6 b4, but the new update got rid of it and the Mk6 are matched against 2k+ now. My main got much weaker gears than those guys and i still can reach above 3k, those guys r just there to be a bully and wreck your day

Captain Gilligan and ThatOnion like this.
  5. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

first, u cant show players name in the pictue, this thread will be shut down soon. second, mk or gear level have nothing to do with infamy, dont expect those ppl have skill. they are just nobs with higher level gear, not tankers. dev will do nothing about this cause u can blame somebody who have no skill, and u cant tell unskilled or tanker.

6. Snapshot

Heh, I like this guy I just ran into. Note that I'm at 966 infamy in this battle in my M3 speeder with R20-ish gear. My opponent was in a M5

[​IMG]

946 infamy LOL. I sure do hope Rovio does something about this.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2018
    xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I hope that the devs understand that the base damage of a legendary is high enough to take out a mk1 in one shot. Something like that being allowed into the early game is not conducive to a good playing field.

8. S.S. Von Snoot

S.S. Von Snoot New Member

And then I play for a year, finally get a legendary and it's a lame napalm launcher! Biggest crock ever!

Slaying Mantis, PastelPiku and wtfack like this.
  9. Snapshot

Well sure but hey... if only I had enough skill to never get hit... ever.

Honestly I'm not sure I care about the occasional whale bottom-feeding. It's the routine press of everyone doing it that is the problem.

10. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

When you can OHKO a guy, no skill will ever needed. A single hit from that T5 Epic Berta will take down half the amount of health of any player at that range. I'm fine with tankers since i'm not intended to play that account to replace my main any time, i even want more people at nightmare tanking so i have more chance competing up there. And about bad skill, no skill... i can agree with you it is very hard to tell. But after nearly 10k game and you still stay at one place, i doubt it and i played enough with those guys to saw they dropped intentionally

11. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Just to clarify on how it is possible that you can come across players with higher weapons - also legendaries - but who have low infamy:
    they have spent more to advance and are matched at ship level - so they have higher ships but not so much experience at playing yet. You won't come across an MK5 ship matched into early game play.

Skill does make a difference and is of course not that easy to quantify. What is fair to someone is not fair to someone else.

We look into game balance all the time and take feedback on board - so the discussion is always appreciated.

ninjamutantti likes this.
  12. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

ahahahah poor)))))

13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I won't laugh... The same thing will likely happen to me as well. The game would be better if Legendary was a step up from epic, the same as epic is a step up from rare.