1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Match making system

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Darwin nailed it, 15 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

How does the current match making system works???

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Players are matched based on the MK levels of their ship instead of the infamy now.

SrammVII likes this.
  3. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Well, I might be wrong but I don't think thats how it happens. I've mk4 shooter and I'm getting matched with all mk5s. This new matchmaking system has made it worse for me.

4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

It used to be based on infamy, but new update now focuses on ship levels.
    If you are a MK4 with decent infamy (1000+) then you will encounter plenty of MK5s

5. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Yeah..I think u r right, I'm Mk 4 with 1400+ infamy. I've never paid a dime on this game so I've pretty inferior setup, now I'm getting matched with guys with mk5s and tier 4 rares and epics..no way I can survive this.

6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

The trouble you have is even if you drop infamy, you will probably still be paired with similar players!
    I see why it has been implemented to avoid power players dropping infamy and preying on the weak.
    Just have to hope your friendlies are as strong as your enemies!

7. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Yeah..wtf rovio, so in a nutshell there is no way for me to have fun in this game ever again unless I spend money and get epics and $hit...bruh, I'm still using uncommon tier 3 mortars, it's no fun when I see myself against epic tier 3 explosive cannon. And there is no way for me to get easier opponents even if I lose infamy

8. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    • Updated matchmaking algorithm for more balanced teams in terms of ships
    Actually now it's based on both infamy and ship levels.
    It used to be just infamy. I'm an mk5 at 4100 infamy and I still get matched up with mk6s most of the time.

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Trouble is, Rovio didnt want this change, they wanted it infamy based, but community demanded / forced the changes to be made, you can never please everyone!

Zachiderp and _devill like this.
  10. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Has it been good or bad for you, then??

11. Evilchicken235

CSIE Student
    Not much difference felt tbh. I think this update was directed to the lower tiers (500~1000 infamy) where it used to be complete chaos (mk1s~mk5s all mixed together)

12. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Well good for u then, since you were in 4100+, I guess u were already rocking pretty decent weapons loadout, but for me this has been devastating. I'm still using my tier 3 uncommon and somehow with a lot of carefully playing managed to get to 1500+, my best is 2100+ even. But now I'm stuck here with my $hitty weapons among the club of epics. Im used to getting hard opponents but nothing like this now almost everyone seems to be having mk5s and epics.

13. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

Im still using uncommon while on 2400 and even now, just grind more to get gold and pray for better weapon drop.

14. Evilchicken235

CSIE Student
    I have all rare 40~50s. I know how you feel, everyone up here has atleast an epic 40 lol.

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Same. I haven’t noticed any difference, but then I’m quite squarely in mk5 territory.

@TheAntiSnipe posted a video from his baby account (mk3), and he said he hasn’t been running into nearly as many mk4s since the update. When I was at mk3 I was constantly running into mk4s and mk5s, sometimes with mk2s also in the game. So I think that you’re right, it’s probably more focused (or at least noticeable with the smaller ships). Though it might also prevent the odd high ranked mk4 from running into mk6/7s, at medium infamy.

Evilchicken235 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. Miscanthus

Miscanthus New Member

As a new player this has made a big difference for me. At mk2 (600 infamy) I am no longer seeing mk5 opponents. Typically, mk3 is the highest I now see. It has greatly increased my playing enjoyment.

17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Im a MK4 and was regularly seeing MK5s but was a nice balance of MK4s with 1 or 2 MK5s per game.
    Now I am seeing 4 or 5 MK5s in every game, this morning I had a battle with me being the only MK4!
    So difficulty has increased but just gives me more reason to develop my skills and weapons to compete.

18. N00BST4R

N00BST4R Member

This has been my experience too, but I'm Mk3 consistently being paired against Mk4s which is fine and the occasional Mk5. I don't feel grossly under-powered against Mk4s as a Mk3 Defender with good gear.

19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

They didn't change it. It was just to distract players from seeing the true priority of the update. Money
    Screenshot_2017-11-15-11-15-02.png

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  20. Evilchicken235

CSIE Student
    Really put a smile to my face to see problems being fixed for the newer players. We need new blood for this game to keep striving forward. Glad that the devs acknowledged this before it was too late.

A55A51N likes this.