1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Healing Items, New Crewman, New Ship

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Captain Ike, 5 Jul 2018.

1. Captain Ike

Captain Ike New Member

When I started thinking about this idea, I originally just concived an item. The Suppressor. Similar to a Healing Burst, It’s a PBAoE. Unlike the Healing Burst, it persists for a Moderate duration. It does not remove Fire. It negates Burn Damage for Friends inside the Area. It’s neat. It’s useful, It has reasonable flaws.

Then I thought, but how would you upgrade it without a Crew to be asigned to it? So now I had to make the Crew up. Enter; CHARLY the Fire Marshal. Then I thought, well Crew also have ship stuff in their tree. Which ship would he be on. Fixer? Sure.. but it doesnt look right for the task. So instead, I concieved the PUMPER. This would be a similar ship to the Fixer, but with less healing slots and more Blue slots. Making it more like a hybrid of the Defender and Fixer.. which interestingly enough also fits the billing for the spirit of the ship. A tough support ship that fills an open niche in the game.

The other New Item I devised was the Foam Bomb Launcher. Sort of like the opposite of a Fire Bomb Launcher, this Item fires an Area effect that persist for a moderate duration, similar to Napalm. Friends that enter the floating foam blob, have Fire removed at a rate of 1 effect/second of time in the area.

Thank you for your feedback in advance.
    I dont frequent the Forums often.

2. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
  3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I had one idea which is relevant here
    make duct tape purple (or whatever color you want) item
    make new ship with 2 purple (or the chosen color) slots and one half slot (that's also new thing and I think that it might be applied to the other ships, one half purple, the other is green) which will move selfish fixers (SF) to new better suited ship
    to make it acceptable for SF I suggest giving everyone free option to move MK of fixer to the new ship so they don't have to level it up again but it wouldn't be for free-fixer would be set back to mk1
    that could make SF and also people like @SupremeCalamitas happy, SF could have better ship for their setup and the others could finaly stop complaining
    than we would also need another purple (or the other color) item and crew for it so I think that these ideas might be fused together, what do you think? @Captain Ike

4. ShipCrusherCz

if it was real submarine, it would need something liek limited oxygen to force you to surface instead of being permanently dived
    and it should be limited to use torpedoes and mines when dived and other items when surfaced

5. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I would be happy if duct tape was a separate color so that you could apply items that actually help your team instead of do nothing, along with those ( stupid) duct tapes

Tobias Åström and EyesTv like this.
  6. ShipCrusherCz

I would like that too (but still make it able for fixer to carry one duct tape for decent self healing when teammates ingore that fixer and he needs to heal himself)
    and this would also require new ship and I doubt that devs will add any new ship/s soon

7. Captain Ike

Captain Ike New Member

Why not instead of making Duct Tape a specific color, it’s made ALL colors and can universally be put anywhere? Then you don’t need a new ship JUST for Duct Tape. Let’s face it, Duct Tape is pretty universal

*JAWS* and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  8. ShipCrusherCz

interesting idea but then bandage would become totaly useless because tape is better

EyesTv likes this.
  9. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    The idea of foam and not bad. But if it hides the players, it's even better and more strategic for the fixers to hide from the speeders. We do not see players outside and inside the foam.(Yellow object)

10. Captain Ike

Captain Ike New Member

Not true. There is a big difference between them. You have to activate Duct Tape. This takes time away from using other items that activate. There’s also the cooldown between item switching. So while the Duct Tape may heal more per usage, you don’t actually have to use a Bandage, as it’s an automatic effect.

11. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    This is why I stopped using my StC on my selfish fixer. When fired continuously after igniting the target, its dps is about 50% higher than blast, but leaves no time to use your tapes. Using them between shots drops the dps to about the same as the blast so you might as well take the blast for burst.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  12. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Lol submarines = a shooter than can only use torps but only takes damage from torps, mortars, mines, and grenades when submerged. Still visible at all times. Also can't be healed when submerged except for when you already have the pulse effect active. Takes maybe 3~5 seconds to switch between the two stages, has less base hp than a standard shooter as well. Is vulnerable to airborne projectiles while switching.

KINGIVANOV and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  13. Captain Ike

Captain Ike New Member

It could use Standard Cannon when not submerged , because Deck Gun. Honestly though, I think the best way to do a Sub is to make it “Stealthed” when submerged, and only able to fire when surfaced. While it makes less sense realistically, it would provide a better play balance and likely be an enjoyable ship.

KINGIVANOV and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  14. Captain Ike

Captain Ike New Member

With the advent of Gatling Guns and the removal of Rudders and Grease, I would like to revisit the Pumper fire supression ship, and it’s crew Charly.

Is this Idea still valid with the new Playstyle?

PastelPiku likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Love it! Quality suggestion. However, could the foam bomb simply work like the invunerability mechanic(just fire in this case, not all the weapons)? So basically a zone where fire tags neither register nor cause damage. This would be a good counter to FB spamming.

PastelPiku likes this.
  16. Captain Ike

Captain Ike New Member

Well the Idea of for the Suppressor is the one that negates, but does not remove, fire effects. So as long you stay near the Pumper, it would keep you from burning, until you leave, or the Fire goes out itself. The Foam Bomb actually removes the fire, at a rate of 1 fire effect per second of time in the Blob of Foam. The downside is you cant see from inside or outside the foam, whats in the Foam Blob (mines, a passing Torp, etc), and there would be nothing to keep a fast minelayer from making the Foam Blob dangerous to enter lol.

But the new topic is “Is this ship idea still valid after the new Handling System and Item update?”

17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Sure, fire meta has not changed much, since fire equips have a place in damn near every loadout in the game, making the ship a very viable one imho. The only thing is, it'll be dangerously OP if balanced incorrectly.

Captain Ike likes this.
  18. Captain Ike

Captain Ike New Member

Absolutely. As would be the case with any new addition. However with the way the devs have handled the Gatling Gun, so far, I have faith that anything new will follow the same implementation. Start conservative, ramp up balance as needed. Everyone loves buffs. No body likes nerfs. It’s always more favorable to improve.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.