1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New HCTDM for “ranked” play will kill the fixer

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KillaBeez710, 2 Jan 2019.

1. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

I believe the fixers role will be vastly diminished with this new update. Look how useless some fixers are during events, because everyone is being VERY aggressive & charging because they respawn. Nobody is looking for heals a lot of the time because they just respawn.

2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

While I agree that normal team elimination is easier for fixers, the HC-TDM will probably not be as suicidal as normal TDMs are, simply because people can't respawn with their best ship and gear. That's why it's highly beneficial if you can keep yourself alive and in good health with your best ship & setup. And I can see good fixers being absolutely game changing in doing just that for their team.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

... And not getting ANY credit for it whatsoever? Yeah, cool. At least fixers got infamy on par with the team with team elim. Now with granular infamy? Pfft forget it :D

Remember all the complaints about coin distribution? Imagine if that system made its way into Ranked for infamy allotment.

4. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

ROVIO IS STEADILY KILLING THUS GAME .. STUPID WITH A CAPITOL STUPID .NOONE WANTE TDM RESPAWNS OF COURSE EVERYONE PLAYED TDM MORE IT THE ONLY WAY TO GET BETTER REWSRDS AND SHIP PIECES. IDIOTS

5. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Hopefully people play more smartly when their Infamy is on the line. And @Sifa has a point — people may be more careful with their lives knowing that when they respawn, they won't be in their favourite ship anymore. Maybe this need for duplicate Turboes/Shields with help by encouraging players to use their lives carefully.

RACK STAR likes this.
  6. Plzwork4

Plzwork4 New Member

Another issue is when you die and respawn it scatters the team across the map.. which renders fixers exponentially less effective. As a fixer as my primary role in this game I am really unhappy with the change. It is such a bad decision that seems to have little thought behind it.​