1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Event Idea: Friendly Fire

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Alpakaa, 12 Apr 2019.

?

Would you like to see this event in-game?

1. Yes!

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, it would be too weird and difficult.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but with modifications.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    Yeah, I know this has been suggested before, but I made some modifications, so it's kind of different!

I think it would be extremely cool if there was a friendly fire event, meaning that you can hit your own teammates. Mortars might be excluded, since it would be very difficult to hit somebody with a mortar if they stayed close to your teammates. The damage might be reduced, like -25% or -50% friendly fire damage though.

I would have to add in a new feature idea, though, to prevent people from severely abusing the system.

1. Frost does not affect teammates.
    2. You cannot target-lock onto a teammate, and your crosshair will not automatically drift towards your teammates.
    3. Healing does not count. You can't accidentally heal the enemy team. Might be interesting, though, but so much chaos.
    4. Damage dealt to teammates either does not count, or is a negative number, subtracted from your original damage dealt to the enemies.
    5. You cannot shoot the killing shot to your teammate.
    6. You cannot damage your teammate within the first thirty seconds of the game.

And, I'm proposing a new feature: The ability to kick a player on your team by voting! The requirements are as follows:

1. The person must have dealt 1500 damage to their teammates. Either intentionally, or unintentionally, it doesn't matter.
    2. There will be a little 'kick' button at the in-game command bubble. You can drag the kick button into whichever one of your teammates you want to kick. Teammates that have not dealt 1500 friendly damage will not appear.
    3. After selecting the person you want to kick, a vote will be initiated between your three other teammates, excluding the person you selected to kick and yourself, making it an odd numbered vote.
    4. For your three teammates to vote, they will either say Negative for them to stay, or Yes for them to be kicked. A little speech bubble will pop up in between the kill messages and timer explaining that clearly. Player 1 has requested to kick Player 2! Say Negative for Player 2 to stay and Yes for them to get kicked!
    5. The majority of votes wins, even if not all three players vote.

Suggestions, opinions, ideas? I have no clue how people will react to this, but I think it would be a great idea and might add another layer of difficulty.

HAPPY SITHSHA and Micro like this.
  2. Micro

Micro Active Member

Thats Occupied
    Oh this reminds me a game and i like it!

3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

i like the idea of friendly fire at least for an event from time to time but, mortars and all other aoe weapons need to hurt friends too other wise what’s the point?
    Lol my favourite and most frequently used weapons are grenades, ex cannon, mines, big and swift torp lol so I’m gonna have as hard of a time as anyone with this but I do like the idea lol

Lol I can already imagine people getting 6 boat+ splasher lol

4. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

Event? Erase all events! FF in ranked mode now!!! A truly hardcore mode!!!

You need amazing prizes (a lot pieces and parts + a lot gold and sugar)? Play ranked!!!

Only (normal) sugar and gold is good for you? Play casual.

Alpakaa and Micro like this.