1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Captain skills addition

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JoshW, 23 Sep 2018.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

We all know the captain's have talents but what if we added skills. Each captain has a unique skill to use in battle and can only be used once per battle. Players choose which captain pilots their ship on the loadout screen along with their weapons and items.
    A few examples (just off the top of my head) without going in to specific balancing stats:
    Bhurt- increase fire rate of all allies in proximity to the activator ( reduce cooldown and remove global cool down for a set amount of time)
    Mortimer - WMD launch a massive mortar that deals heavy damage and makes the water radioactive
    Burnice - release a fire "shockwave" igniting any ships in its radius.
    Swift - increase all allies ship speed for set duration
    Isak - reduce all unfriends ship speed for set duration
    Felix - repair box rain, have repair boxes "rain down" in a radius around user healing anyone they hit (friend or unfriend)
    Brock - increase allies defence or grant additional hp for a set duration
    Sinklair - fires a "heatseeking" torp at all unfriends in line of sight
    Blastian - litter an area with mines in a radius around the ship when activated
    Dr. Buzzkill - stun all unfriends in a radius

Let me know what you think, would this be a cool feature to add? Would it make for a better event instead of incorporating into all battles? Do you have any ideas for skills? All feedback is appreciated :)

Edit: Captain's skills would increase in effectiveness relative to the captain's training.

Last edited: 23 Sep 2018
    *JAWS* and XQT like this.
  2. Captain Ike

Captain Ike New Member

I thought I was the captain, and they my crew.

3. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    With balancing, this could be awesome. Swift's speed one might throw your friends off though… I ccan imagine people might accidentally drive into mines if they got a random speed boost without warning.

The developers could introduce it with an event and make it permanent if the event goes well (like they did with maxed Agility, though the success of that is debatable).

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

That's true,, maybe there could be a short delay (2-5 seconds) with a flashing red warning "speed boost incoming"

5. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Yeah… it still might kill people in minefields though.

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

My thought for including speed was for situations where enemy team is capturing and you need to get across the map fast. Speed could be replaced with something else, I was just spit balling ideas.

7. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Heat seeking torpedoes don't exist, but acoustic torpedoes do.