1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW BLUE ITEMS

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Subbie the Blaster, 29 Mar 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    I had the idea: what if there was a stronger turbo or bandage or whatever blue item at the cost of 2 points, like the shields? I guess that would lead to much more versatile builds... Any further ideas?

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I like it. But not turbo, something like a "maneuvering jet" with cool visuals doing double of a rudder's work would look badass....

PastelPiku likes this.
  3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    As much as I really want new blue items in this game, I'd rather see the current ones fixed first. Gear lube and rudder especially suffer from underusage due to turbo and shields being too important, nearly mandatory items. Until some balancing is done, I highly doubt any new items will survive in the current meta and will only make it harder to get the 3 blue items that matter (you know, because they're OP), 4 if you count the bandage.

Yes, I'm a hypocrite, I've also posted my own ideas.
    Yes, I do like this idea ;)

4. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Rudder and Lube need to be one single slot item. Even then it would be less popular than turbo, big shield, and probably equal to bandage

Last edited: 27 Apr 2018
    Fluid Bait and ChickenSurprise like this.
  5. PastelPiku

Security
    Turbos and shields are a rare case where I suggest a nerf. The rudder and gear lube are actually pretty op.

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I hope you meant to say "underpowered".

And I disagree that turbos and shields need a nerf. I don't think they are OP. I think they are well balanced, but there is absolutely no good alternative to them. If you create alternatives, then you'll see their use decrease.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. PastelPiku

Security
    That's the reason they're overpowered. Our ships are complete trash without them. No turbo? Snail. No shields? Origami. Any ship is deemed nearly useless without these items for this reason. The ships need a buff and these items need a nerf so that other items can be useful. You could make the gear lube auto lock onto enemies and never fail to turn as fast as you want it to and you'll still die too fast or be far too slow to survive.

I'm quoting myself.
    "No amount of buffing gear lube or rudder will bring them into the meta."
    These items, if you've ever tried one, are actually very very powerful items, but they don't make enough of an impact because of the literally mandatory alternatives. At mk 5 speeder I tried using a t4 turbo and t4 rudder, both rare. My speed and agility were almost maxed. It felt great. When I switched my rudder for a t1 epic big shield I gained 1000 infamy. If this doesn't display the overpoweredness of the shields in this game, try thinking of this from a red item perspective.

No item should be mandatory, this takes away creativity and limits the amount of items you can actually use besides turbo and shields, which is why most ships NEVER use alternatives before mk6 and achieve good results. Even now in top 100 players maybe 1 player at best uses a gear lube/rudder.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2018
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Well stated.

9. Subbie the Blaster

Yep, also, I intended to make more variations with the 2-points-stronger-blue - item, so if you have 2 spare points on a single blue slot, it won't mean automatically big shield.

10. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

2 slot Big Bandage pretty please, some ships can do without the big shield, and make up for a std shield but with better regen. While at it, add another slot point to defenders to be able to utilise two 2 slot point items.

11. Subbie the Blaster

Well, now here it is :)

12. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I smell a necro...

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. Subbie the Blaster

Yea but still