1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

NERF THE SNIPER!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 11 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Ive been complaining about this for months now! I’ve post several posts saying in a way or another how absolutely overpowered the sniper cannon is and in everyone of those posts everyone agreed it was overpowered!!

- Super long range
    - High damage
    - High critical damage
    - High critical chance
    - Low reload time
    - High projectile speed
    - Good shoot curvature
    - Almost no skill needed to use it properly

With all my respects, the dev that made this weapon was drunk or something that day, is more than obvious that by implementing this weapon you unbalanced the game completely.

Please fix this FAST, the majority of the community agrees.

Thank you

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

- Super long range
    Yes, but just like any other item at any range you need to lead shots.

- High damage
    My sniper with max training does 423. A blast cannon of similar level and trainings set to blast cannon does 700 (no perks).

- High critical damage - High critical chance
    You can add crit perks to your blast cannon if you'd like. You are able to reach 19% crit chance if sniper crits upset you.

- Low reload time
    Same reload time as your blast cannon.

- High projectile speed
    It is a "sniper"

- Good shoot curvature
    You are mad drunk...

- Almost no skill needed to use it properly
    Then use it. Your complaint and lack of comprehesion hints that you need that sort of item in your Battle Bay life.

Kazeshini, Cyn, KILLER KOI and 6 others like this.
  3. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

Thanks to you, I have to delete what I had written so far. BTW what did you name your pig:rolleyes:?

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

5. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

So the obvious solution is to nerf critical damage or percentage itself ? Normal sniper hit is not a concern right now I think.

6. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Maybe it's time to stop complaining???
    It's just annoying now. I agree some kind of Nerf would be nice. But I think it's time to just drop it.
    It's been mentioned enough.
    Now just let the devs decide what to do.

7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Getting it for christmas hopefully! Need to edit that title. But his name will be Charlie

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Not sure we need a 14th "nerf sniper" thread. Joey who's response is fairly accurate. In fact, in Warrior I don't see it as a problem because I can quickly name a half dozen other weapons that I die from more often, particularly mortars. Reality is, if it was OP it would be in my lineup all the time, but it sits out more often than not. In other threads people put down std canon due to low relative damage to BC and EX as needed in Nightmare, but Sniper is rarely brought up in those threads as being a better alternative than BC and EX.

So that makes me wonder, is it just High Ace/Nightmare where you have an issue? If so it's likely because Mortars are not used and people grab Sniper as the only other long range option... which would answer the high Sniper usage. Does that mean it's OP? Not necessarily.

9. lordsofthefallen

lordsofthefallen New Member

Without the crit chance, sniper canon will be utterly trash, especially on 2000+ infamy.. My rare t3 sniper canon does like 340 ish damage without crit, it barely tickle shooters and defenders.. Not to mention that if the unfriendly has a fixer on their side. Instant heal like it was nothing.

craz¥burd likes this.
  10. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Nerf everything. Ps. Original poster. Reported your whole thread. Its redundant to other forums and you admitted as much that u complain over and over about sniper nerfing being needed. But offer zero valid new points to make a productive sniper nerfing argument.

Sniper doesnt need nerfed. All who complain about it need better tactics. And more map awareness.

For yellow boats. As soon as u have a tesla rare 4 shield. A sniper wont penetrate your shield. Epic 3 same thing. The maximum a sniper damage can be epic V is 741 damage. Complaining about a 741 damage weapon. Is weak sauce.

What any argument worth its salt should focus on critical chance percentage. Either thru talent tree or perks. But understand if u ask for a critcal chance nerf...sniper would need to raise in damage. If not. You are basically saying nerf the weapon that i dont like pretty please. Without a full solution of the rest of end game. Plus if sniper raising then in damage as a possible trade off. How does it effect blast cannon. One must consider all of these things. So next time forum post creator. Try coming with an orignal idea how to fix instead of. Nerf nerf nerf. These sniper nerf post are now old. Most who make them are still upset from the frost nerf. I recognize the posters. Refocus your efforts on improving. Get better at the game. And next time. Make a real suggestion instead of nerf

Earel, lordsofthefallen and Jasper21 like this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

@CaffeinatedChris use your OP MVP powers and close this thread like you did to every other thread please.

12. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

A critical hit is the only way to make people realize the damage is from a sniper. When sniper doesn’t crit, people don’t know if they are hit by a standard cannon or a stone and no one cares.

Having said that, i think capping the crit % at 37.5% would be an acceptable nerf since that’s the max a rare sniper can get to.

yellow flash, Ian and TheAntiSnipe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.