1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf or Buff

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by The Otherguy, 20 Aug 2017.

Tags:
?

Buff, nerf, or a little of each?

1. Nerf

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Buff

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Nerf+Buff

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support

This is interesting. Do you agree? I personally think that a buff is suppoir to a nerf, Nerf = less exciting (mostly) Buff = more action (and more ways to deal with whales).
    (I do support some nerfs)

2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Nerf all the weapons I don't use. They're op.

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Nerf Nerf Nerf!

• Percy • likes this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Using buff as main balancer is a bad idea, you get what's known as power creep. Every update, the average power of stuff goes up a bit, until a year down the line everyone is stupidly powerful. Better to go with a more balanced approach.

5. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

There definitely needs to be a balance between the two. Buffing all the time, as has already been pointed out, ends up with everything crazy beefy. In most cases, that's going to mean super powerful weapons, which means people will be getting dropped in 1-2 hits. That's not the sort of experience that's likely to draw/keep new players.

6. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Well your profile picture surely means the other way.

The Otherguy and LimeOnMars like this.
  7. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

I would say buff, if you nerf items they can be useless and then you need to get a other item instead and that can take alot of time.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    You stole @Zeus line XD and they should def nerf the fire bomb

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Pfft. He he stole my line

10. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

From a pr/feedback perspective buffing is the easy way out. People complain less.

But it also depends on what kind of imbalance you are trying to correct. If 1 weapon is clearly over the top is would be silly to buff the other 18.

11. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

I totally agree with you, it will be a waste to buff 18 other weapons.

12. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

No more nerfs! No more buffs! We need CONTENT!

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Instead of nerfing speeders, buff enforcers and defenders!

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  14. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Don't nerf or buff keep it as it is. *Maybe nerf mines*

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  15. 99Sarah99

99Sarah99 New Member

I believe that ppl get better with weapons they use constantly and that causes cry babies to cry ... I have trained my guys to run my boat and weapons... took time and effort on my part.. take away what I have earned and that's crappy.. ppl need to get better not weapons need to get weaker... It appears everyone favors the shooter ... Yet they still cry over sniper, speeder, their teams ....Oh and everyone has to deal with the pay to plays lol who didn't even learn the game first lol before they maxed their platinum card lol but hey they are number one! Lol

16. disorder

disorder Active Member

was in magic the gathering since start
    was in beta of lineage, wow, rfonline, city of heroes, etc....(now all these game are easywin, but was fucking difficult at start)
    the problem is simple :
    there is always someone with a fucking combo destroying everything, finding the problem of the game
    permastun /permahaste/permashield/permafrost is not good.
    that's why nerf are good
    the scale of a game is difficult to make. so dev always need to downside some power and up other

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think the problem with buffs is that things are always situational. If you have something that's broken in certain situations, then buffing everything else won't help, it just makes more things broken in different situations. That leads to a really luck based game, where you're just playing bingo with whoever can do their broken strategy first.

My experience is that games balance better when casts and weapons don't deviate much from a standard model. It doesn't seem as exciting to the casual player, because everything is kind of the same, but if you play a game a lot you really start to appreciate good balance, and you'll find the small variations can still make a big difference.

So IHMO: nerf nerf nerf! Nerf everything until it's just one homogeneous shade of beige. :D