1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Nerf/Buff/complaining threads are USELESS (Or am I wrong)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Captain Gilligan, 14 Apr 2018.

Tags:
?

Are these threads useless?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Obviously, this is my opinion, so take it with a dozen grains of salt ;)

This is a question I've had for a while now, and not just with this game, I'm speaking for every game with a community.

Is posting threads on nerfing, buffing, etc completely useless?

Look at this thread:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/im-so-close-to-quitting.18580/
    Miika came in with the hard facts and stats, and there was nothing for anyone to say after that. After all, you can't argue with game stats.

So WHY do forum members continue to disagree, argue, and lash out at one another based on our own opinions?
    The Devs have have the numbers, they KNOW if there's a problem. They dont need you screaming at them to nerf the sniper because YOU had bad experiences with it, if the numbers show a problem, they will fix it.

So what's the point of the forums then?
    It's for everything else! New ideas for weapons, maps, game modes, community events, AWESOME content.
    A forum is a Community, not a Courthouse

What do you think?

2. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

I am against these threads, but numbers can't show everything. Sometimes, people say one thing and numbers say the opposite, but who actually plays the game? The people.

3. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I agree. Having peoples approval is the most important factor to any game IMO.
    That's why we shouldn't worry, or even care about the small details like nerfing and buffing weapons.
    I wonder if people really notice those small changes anyway. If the devs never mentioned the nerf on EC, would anyone realize there was a difference?

I play games for the story/entertainment/challenge/satisfaction. Not numbers and balancing.

BB is an incredible game, it really brought out my love for mobile and portable gaming. I really don't like the freemium model and overall RNG of it, but I keep coming back because its satisfying to sink your opponent, and to outwit the enemy.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Nikkie! likes this.
  6. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Yes and no.

No because it keeps the issue front and center until its resolved

And yes, because, i know people are sick of hearing it..

So, that should tell you something them

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Actually that was a direct answer to a MK6 player, it wouldn't be more useful for him to know how MK7s are doing.
    I don't disagree with your entire post :D I think the feedback is great for the game... But I also think the "nerf something" flood on the forum is useless, one thread for problem is enough, devs seem to watch every thread anyway.

8. Babablacksheep

The buff/nerf community MOB are in absolute denials,even miika's official reply doesn't do shit!
    I hate what forum has become now.

--->Mvps doing mod's job, atleast grim repair locked duplicates on req
    --->The first page of general discussion discussion is only two things nerf/buff something OR matchmaking sucks!

Game NEEDS improvement in news maps,ship talent switcu, those threads get buried...Because COMMUNITY IS BUSY COMPLAINING ABOUT DAMMED BUFF/NERFS

9. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Repeated threads are annoying... Speacially when they become full of whine. It's not that hard to look at the other threads on the front page before to create a new identical one.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. Babablacksheep

You can bring issues to light every update,unlike the current situation...
    textgram_1523760877.png

11. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

What else is there to talk about except balancing, fancy buttons and new loading screens? The fact is that they haven't brought anything rewarding to the game since guilds or anything new to gameplay since what... Repair pulse?
    But let's be honest we know ROVIO is smart and isn't going spend a lot of resources on this game with small player base. So nerfs, buffs and some irrelevant stats are all we're going to get.

12. Babablacksheep

Not a wrong statement,Next update would be deciding factor whether its bug fixes all they care about or no! I m really hoping its a good one

Having said that,buff/nerf threads are really pointless when there are more than a few.

DragonLegend likes this.
  13. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I hope its the later.
    Player base is increasing.
    People who are leaving is because the fact that devs couldn't get Matchmaking under control. Game itself is great. But to keep the crowd they gotta put more on table.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  14. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

If your comments are reasonable, there is a good chance that you see some change in the next updates.
    A lot of things in the last updates were actually mentioned here in the forum, so my take is that Rovio is absolutely listening to their player base.

Of course, many things will be fact-checked by Rovio, e.g. they have statistics which they are analysing. Your wish for a nerf could only be based on your personal perception.

15. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Only MM threads should be locked/deleted straight away, because it really isn’t going to improve from what it is (and it is fine). Maybe MVPs and devs could get a standard message and post that to every single thread -> lock it. Or better, delete it.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Seemed to work for Frost Torp. :rolleyes:

What's Up Player and A55A51N like this.
  17. A55A51N

Student
    Yeah but to be fair frost was a little too good. But the way it was nerfed was the worst decision devs ever made.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  18. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    Yes it’s useless because devs don’t care and they won’t change it. Miika facts don’t make a sense top 200 players there are 3 or 4 defenders I think and non in the top 50 I guess or 1.
    I don’t play defender and I know it’s worthless ship and everyone saying it should be buff but they still don’t care. Most of top players quit. Holdezz, peleeh, blue lotus, Christmas, eugen, now t pro and ysl and ksa don’t you play much I can give you a lot of people who quit. And many like me play 1 hour a day or less. Sometimes 2 hours a week. The game had potential and they killed it by not changing a thing that’s the hard truth.

19. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's important to realize that a couple of forum whiners are not "the people". In fact, the average of all forum users combined is still not representative for "the people". Therefore numbers (which are game wide and not limited to a sub group) are always a better thing to look at than whatever is said on these forums.

The only time you could argue in favor of people's opinions is if you could collect opinions from such a large and random group of players that it would be representative for the playerbase, which isn't going to happen.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  20. A55A51N

Student
    Yes, because the game is only about the 7 players you mentioned.