1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Negative, Negative When Match Begins

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Jamel H., 11 May 2018.

1. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Is everyone aware of the seal clubbers who say 'negative, negative, negative' as soon as the match begins? I have been reporting these floaters and I hope the appropriate actions are being taken. Nothing makes me dislike this game more than the fact that people can intentionally cause me to lose. Furthermore, once my infamy drops so low, I end up being punished for something that was entirely out of my control. Please.... Can someone tell me if this is being addressed, or am I simply wasting my time by reporting the people who are seriously ruining this game for me? Thank you.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yes, action is taken on tankers. However the devs will not be able to tell you what action is taken due to policy.

Cryix, The Otherguy and Jamel H. like this.
  3. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    I say negative a lot even though I don't tank :p

4. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Why? What's the point? The feature was provided so people can give in battle commands
    Thank you

Cryix likes this.
  5. wreck your day

To vent. Rather vent in battle than in the forum or chat

6. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I've reported the same player twice in the past hour for floating in matches. Of course it was two losses too. This is so unfair and frustrating. He just made me quit playing for the rest of night since I can't enjoy a decent match.

Cryix likes this.
  7. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Yeah I do that when I'm annoyed. Usually I'll start with follow this, help that and stuff. Eventually when you have 0 response from the team the negative negative works. Funny thing is, I did end up doing top damage on my team with a win. ;)
    In some situations it worked quite the opposite though. I spammed negative all over the place and the team ended up following me anyways. My conclusion, negative is the new together. :p

Blueee, Cryix, The Otherguy and 9 others like this.
  8. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I get worried when someone starts the match by spamming negative. In my experience, that person is either a floater, or someone who is about to do a kamikaze. I always look to see who's spamming negative, then check their damage output after the match. More often than not, they put up little to no damage.

Cryix and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Mntr

Mntr Member

i do this very often. not because im a floater or want to lose the game. more because im angry about the matchmaking or because i know we are going to lose because of the team :D (mostlikly im right and still have the most dmg output of my team) like _devill said so ;)

_devill, Cryix, Jamel H. and 2 others like this.
  10. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

dude spamming negative does not equal they are going to float, i spam it and i still do around 5k dmg per battle
    i spam it coz i dont wanna conform to the norm of saying cheesy shit like "together!" and "follow me!" like seriously i do a little cringe shrivel everytime that happens :p

11. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Bloody BITTERSTEEL Fan Bois

12. Mntr

Mntr Member

True

Cryix, The Otherguy and BITTERSTEEL like this.
  13. Elyport

Elyport Member

I say negative in the beginning when I see an mk2 or mk3 in a fight among mk5s and mk6s and I shoot at them. The level some people go for quest contribution :D
    I appreciate their dedication towards their guilds but more often they become a liability for the team in game.

Cryix, NoTzHoNg and Jamel H. like this.
  14. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Dude, I did say 'more often than not'. Which is different from always.

Cryix likes this.
  15. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I completely understand what you guys are saying in regards to why you spam negative. Unfortunately, no one else in the match is really going to understand those reasons though. This is one of those things where players should be considerate of other players. I try to watch for commands in case someone is actually trying to communicate. Spamming stuff out of frustration ruins that. I'd rather they take the commands away than have people use them simply to display their frustration. Community gaming can be awesome.... but it can also suck when people forget that they are not the only ones in that gaming community.

Cryix and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  16. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    It really isn't necessary
    I don't care though

Nikkie! and Cryix like this.
  17. wreck your day

Hmm maybe not; I saw him make a dirty comment yesterday...

I tried to refrain myself from spamming negative yesterday, and indeed my matches became better! (Or maybe it's because I 'kind of' got out of my lose streak) Still I think saying negative a lot will make you feel less happy so trying to not spam it is a good idea. But when it comes to your lose streak then say it all you like :p

Cryix, Fluid Bait and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    my comment was just a joke ;)

Nikkie!, Cryix, Elyport and 2 others like this.
  19. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

Bittersteel spams negative when he’s winning and yes when he’s getting wrecked.

Why, do you ask?

Because Bittersteel is not a sheep like the rest of you. Why should he conform to society?

20. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    i say together...

t r i g g e r e d

Cryix and The Otherguy like this.