1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Need tips on Grenade

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kaletheshavage, 6 Jun 2018.

1. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

I just got my first legendary, a grenade. Tips on how to use it and also my loadout of double tshield enforcer mk6 appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 6 Jun 2018
  2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Put a bunch of percentage perks on it so the chance to set enemies on fire increases. Then you can use it with blast and fire dmg perks (2blasts or 1 blast and 1 swift torp are most common)

3. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

One of my all-time favorite weapons. Going to want to increase range as much as possible, meaning maybe one range perk if you didn't get an event perk.

One thing I've learned is it's much easier to hit boats with full damage that are on the nearest side of a wave, so if they're on the "downward sloping" side away from you, it's best to wait it out til they shift position. IMG_3164.PNG

Still have some crew training to go on mine, but it's tons of fun to deliver as much burst as a nade crit+blast w burn perks allows. Sends em running away.

4. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

Yeah i have an epic event perk i think but no talents rip
    Also literally only have 2 t1 epic blasts and 1 rare feels bad

5. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    Don't worry, you don't have to follow the meta :) sniper works as well, along with carro and other weapons

6. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

Just gotta get your 'nade talents trained up to the crit chance increases and it'll be useable.

If you go ahead and level that Blast you can earn a third epic, which at max t3 is stronger (I think?) than a rare t4. Then pray pray pray! (I'm using epic t3 now at around 2900 - 3k infamy)

7. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

Throw far far away !!!!! :)

8. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

Lmao will standard cannon work? I have millions of those

9. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    Don't know until you try :p
    I used to use std cannon on enfo too, it's ok as well

Kaletheshavage likes this.
  10. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Something not mention here is that it works point blank, if there is a speeder trying to run through your ship and get behind you, fire the grenade just as you ships are touching and it will hit him directly before it even gets in the air, as opposed to mortars where you don’t have to worry about teamates blocking your shots like this lol

Cavy likes this.
  11. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Standard Cannon + Grenade + Blast Cannon works great below 3.3k infamy! try it ;)
    Train Isak as soon as possible, you'll love your grenade so much more with each boost on Isaks training tree. It's a top weapon, start using it right now :p

Fluid Bait and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  12. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Scrap.

Kidding.

Use it over n over again for the next 2 months. And you will get another legendary grenade in order to combine it.

By the end. You will be a grenade expert.

Best of luck.

13. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I love my grenade and find it easy to use on most boats but found it was one of the hardest weapons to learn on speeder lol after a long while I got the hang of it a little lol still not as good as I’d like to be with it

Best thing is isak’s skills from 25-30 double it’s damage :) I don’t think skills boost any other weapon that much?

14. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I've used grenade on my speeder before, and it does wonders.

Get some speeder equipment and try it out in speeder

Cavy likes this.
  15. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Did you find it tricky at first?
    I’m ok at it now but at first i really struggled with it

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  16. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

There is a learning curve to this weapon.
    (Sounds like a pun)
    But once mastered you will have it.

wreck your day likes this.
  17. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Yes, grenade is extremely hard weapon to master. But when you do, reward it super sweet. After 4 or so months of playing it I still have troubles hitting speedy speeders and dancy enforcers.

Just practice, and you'll obviously get better at it. Few tips from my side:
    • Predictive vertical aiming helps a lot
    • When Enforcer is dancing, fire grenade on the opposite side of his movement to get full damage
    • Shoot it inside the defender hitbox for full damage without having to aim
    • Don't be afraid to fire it on speeders. After some time you'll get better at hitting them
    • Works perfectly with one cannon of any type (5 seconds of fire usually isn't enough to fire 2 cannons)
    • Watch closely for camping enemy behind the rock. You can fire it on the end of the rock (like behind it on the edge) to get full damage on them
    If I'll think about something else, I'll add it.

wreck your day likes this.
  18. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Dive straight through enemies with their Tesla shields up and launch while inside the shield. Full damage, and full crit! Used to do this a lot before I changed style haha.

19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Dude!

20. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Practice and practice. Grenade is an awesome weapon, it deals a lot of damage, has a relatively short cooldown, and its high crit chance (and strong fire/crit damage) can help you finish off a target if he isn't dead already. Idk how to really explain how to use it well, but here are some tips I have:
    • If your grenade has a high crit chance you can bring along a blast/explosive cannon tipped with fire perks
    • When an enemy is "peekabooing" you from behind a rock pre-match (before anyone has really hit anyone yet, and especially if you have your team behind you) you can aim your grenade behind him (aka the position he will most likely retreat to if he is being fired upon) since most people would rather a grenade hit than 5 of the enemy's bullets pouring down on him
    • Best to use speeder or enforcer when using a grenade since yellow ships are the ones that get up close and nasty more often
    • I haven't really mastered firing upon speeders yet, but when you do you bullseye him you can really teach that little critter a nasty lesson
    • If you are lucky enough to get inside an enemy ship you can shoot the grenade inside him to get almost full damage - very satisfying :D
    That's all I can think of for now, but still the main thing is to just practice a LOT with it. It was also tough for me at first, but after a while I got the hang of it. Grenade's my favourite weapon now! Wish you luck :)