1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with speeder setup

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by lolawola, 8 May 2017.

1. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

hi forum.

i play a couple of days and i tried all the ships and chose to max out the Speeder.

what are some good setups for speeder ships please? i would like to concentrate only on the weapons and items i will use and scrap the rest, and train crew members that compliment those items first. thank you in advance

also, what is the difference between speeder and enforcer? they both look like good ships with similar stats.

2. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

lolawola likes this.
  3. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Alright, here are some useful items you might need as a speeder later in the game. So if you get high rarity of these items, you should probably save them instead of scrapping:

RED SLOTS:
    - Standard Cannon
    - Blast Cannon
    - Sniper Cannon (good to use with critical hit chance % perks)
    - Flare Gun
    - Carronade
    - Triple Torpedo (some people like it, some don't)
    - Railgun (little tricky to use effectively but can be very good to sink fixers and low hp enemies one shot)

YELLOW SLOTS:
    - Tesla Bolt
    - Tesla Shield
    - Frost Blaster
    - Overboost

BLUE SLOTS:
    - Bandage
    - Turbo
    - Big Shield

I know some people could still prefer some other items but this list can definitely get you started. :)

lolawola and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  4. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

cool. thats very helpful.
    what about big torpedo and mine, are they good for speeder?
    and how much hp does the flare gun take from enemies and how does it work? can i shoot it twice for stacked effect?

5. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

There are some speeders that successfully use big torpedo and/or mines but they are both pretty hard weapons to use effectively. It is not easy to hit targets using big torpedo, and mines are never guaranteed to do any damage. As speeders never have more than two weapons, it's usually not a good idea to use half of that capacity for weapons that have such a high risk of missing all of your shots.

Also flare gun takes down the enemy hp for a long period of time, usually something between 15-20 seconds, so the total damage can get high. And yes, the damage will stack if you shoot it twice. :)

Dobson and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  6. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

for the yellow slots, which is better to have. tesla bolt or frost blaster? am guessing each pairs up better with different types of weapons?

7. TheRedSpeeder

Freeze is good with torpedos and help own team most. Tesla covers your own ship while reloading. So no certain match ups. I recommend you to use which ever suits you better

8. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

i think i will go with frost blaster, since tesla bolts crew abilities conflict with tesla shield.
    i just found a rare tritorp, but couldn't get the hang of it. doesnt work well as primary weapon i guess, so i will stick with cannon for now.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  9. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

need an advice from experienced speeders.

is having 2 overboost equipped good or should i switch one out for turbo? i tried both version in battle and couldnt tell which is better combo.
    fyi once i reach mk3, ill use Tesla shield instead as its impossible right now.

thank you

10. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

For my speeder I'm currently mk2
    I use
    1 level 9 rare cannon with a perk equipped
    1 level 11 uncommon nitro with a perk
    1 level 11 over lost with 1 perk equipped currently
    1 level 10 turbo

I've found this to be great for gunning and runing or also for drawing fire away from a short distance due to the speed you can evade most fire

lolawola likes this.
  11. TheRedSpeeder

2 overboosts wont help you anyother way than getting 2nd on while 1st is still cooling down. Those effects won't stack so it's actually a bit of waste of space in mk2 speeder. Use nitro as 2nd yellow because with that you can burst away from mortar fire.

lolawola and JDAR like this.
  12. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Ya nitro all the way

13. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

true they didnt stack, although I found out, that with 2 overboost i can have the speed effect for the entire battle without waiting for its cooldown, if i equipped only one.
    nitro is nice for the dodgeability, but well, mortar cant catch me either way so i wasnt sure what to equip lol.

also am using a rare lvl10 bandage in the blue slot with uncommon perk atm, instead of turbo. i like having the ability to heal some dmg while on the run, if i do get hit.

14. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

gear lube on a speeder worth it?
    in a theory, it should be a staple imo, as you are moving at high speed, the turret cant keep up most of the time.
    thoughts?

15. Steven

Steven Active Member

If been loving my set up, any suggestions on my blue or yellow slots? I will have enof gold today to buy a 750k item if needed....what do top end players run?

Attached Files:

16. kaseybsells

kaseybsells New Member

you could get a standard shield for ore health

17. Steven

Steven Active Member

New set up, really liking how it plays out!

Attached Files: