1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with new MK5 enforcer.

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Waseet, 3 Aug 2018.

1. Waseet

Waseet New Member

I am cuurently using sppeder which I just upped to MK5. But soon gonna have a MK5 Enforcer. What build should I use? Current build and my inventory is in the picture below. enfo.png
    I am just thinking of adding the rare swift torp in my build. For yellows my TS or Nitro is not that great(Can't decide which one to use). For blues, I am gonna use turbo and bandage(My standerd shield is just a junk). And any tips for how to play as an enfo or tricks to drool the enemy would be very nice.:D:)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

this guy grinds enfo all day

he used to play spedder idk what happened lel

TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Alright. You got any tea, snacks? No? Might wanna get them, this is gonna be a long post.
    You come from the same background as me, I was a speeder main when my speeder was mk5. I made the choice to try out enforcer and ended up quite decently if I might say so myself.
    Movement and maps

You have an infamy of 992. I'll be assuming that you have a rough idea of all the maps in the game, except maybe Crash 'n' Burn.
    Okay, let's begin talking about maps.
    Now, when you play a certain ship, you only choose to remember certain parts of the map. As a speeder, you may have noticed that you tend to focus a LOT on your entries and exits. Now. As an enforcer, you want to do the same, except for the fact that you'll be using those points to "dance" at. That is, you'll be moving forward and backward, taking cover at the corners while popping out to take potshots at the enemy. So you want to remember which spots are good for this purpose. Since you're relatively new, here's some guidelines:
    1. Look for places where you cannot be shot by cannons or mortars.
    2. You should have enough spacing for avoiding splash damage from torpedoes.
    3. You should ensure that you're keeping an eye on the map for any flankers or assassins that might be moving in to get you.

DPS
    To make the most out of your enforcer mk5, you HAVE to have three oneslot weapons ready. If you don't, now is the time to start working on them. An enforcer specializes in dodging while fighting, making it a duellist boat. You can also use sniper cannons, if you want. I'll be listing out the most powerful enforcer builds here, based on the stuff you have in your inventory:

• Blast+flare+swift torpedo
    • Blast+flare+mine
    • Blast+mine+swift torp
    • Sniper+flare+swift torp
    However, if you wish to make your own, you need to look at which weapons will work together to make your playstyle possible. You can use my builds as a reference, they're both highly dependable and reliable in terms of raw dps.
    1. Blast+blast+flare

2. Blast+blast+grenade(the video is not showcasing my mk5, but the build is possible)(Video #2)

However, my style is that of a "tankkiller" so my build is designed to capitalize on dealing more damage than most fixers can HEAL in terms of time.

TL:DR tell me what you'd like to become, your role in the team, and we'll go from there.

Yellow items
    This department, unless you want to use frost+torpedo as a combo, will be staple: OB+ Tesla Shield
    You want to be fast when you "dance", you NEED OB. You want to get into position without getting wrecked by snipers from accross the map, you NEED tesla shield.
    Look, take it from someone who's been to 3362 infamy in a mk5 enfo, this build works.
    Screenshot_2018-05-30-21-21-58-603_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    It works so well, in fact, that you only have to start worrying about it when enemies begin to get so powerful they start oneshotting you.

Oh yeah, that brings me to:

Shielding

Your gear as an enfo will depend on your playstyle, but it will always follow a pattern.
    1. If you're a brawler who finds himself in battles where you want HP, stat. You need to build turbo+small shield.
    2. If you're one of those annoying enfos who like to play midrange, and don't get shot often, bandage is waaaaay better with turbo
    3. Finally. If you're playing events, or if you've become one of those people who want to get to Ace 1+ in a mk5, you can use a PURE big shield. Or double small shields. Mind you, double small shields is bad if you're going to go for a mk6 enfo as well, so I recommend building a single big shield. BUT you'll have to be a good dancer with a high level overboost if you want to equip all shield.

Finally, about ACCURACY and DANCING.

These skills are things you learn as you go along, and I have no tips for you other than if you decide to build the exact same enforcer build as me. If you do, I'll train you personally, teaching you all the tricks of becoming a good duellist.
    Just a taste of what is possible when you become a mk6 enforcer and have the skills to back it up:

Anyway, there's a LOT of good enfos on this forum, you might want to talk to them:
    1. @Gnu
    2. @What's Up Player
    3. @DragonLegend

There's a lot more... They'll probably be around to help you too!

4. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Well,I got my tea and snacks before reading your post.:p:D

Well,you clearly explained the role of an enfo and how to adapt in each and every battle.You have already told about that "dancing".But u said how to do that clearly in this post.Nice.:):):)

I watched your first video in this post.That was "Enfo good".I'm sure your other 2 videos will be damn good and better with your unique slow-motion shots during video playback!!!
    ;););):):):)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    :rolleyes:

To the OP:
    You can use overboost + nitro instead of overboost + tesla shield if you like it! Personally I swear by my N2O :)
    Screenshot_20180803-202218.png

TheAntiSnipe and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

Lmao edited

7. Waseet

Waseet New Member

So i was supposed to save my rare blasts( I scrapped enough to get one to t4). Ok I will try with my t4 uncommon blast. XD
    I got the thing, i want to be annoying enfo, wanna take less shots. So I have to dance beside a path and wall. What do I do when I see a flanker trying to get me? I am actually terrible at map control but I now the map pretty well. I actually end up fighting directly without cover which I need to fix. Amd whats the best time to activate my TS.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Don't worry, YOU are the top of the food chain. As long as you keep track of the flanker, you can be the hunter instead of the hunted;)

HAPPY SITHSHA and Waseet like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

HAPPY SITHSHA and Waseet like this.
  10. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. wcc634

wcc634 Member

This seems like a good place to ask some knowledgable people something I've been wondering/concerned about but wasn't sure it merited it's own thread:

1) to what degree is nitro an item of diminishing returns? In other words, is leveling up nitro as important as it is with most other items, or is the bulk of the benefit of nitro contained in that crazy burst that even a relatively low-level nitro offers and thus leveling it way up is beneficial but not crucial to its effectiveness?

And, more specifically...

2) I have a level 40 rare nitro that I've hardly used but have built up over time on the assumption that at some point it would be fun/useful/necessary. On my mk 5 Enfo I have a T4 epic Tess shield and a T5 overboost and am starting to mess around with the nitro in place of the OB. If I wind up liking it, I also have 2 dupes and the training and cells to bump it up to a T5. I have a lot of other uses for the many resources that would require, though (especially the cells), and I would love it if there was a consensus that I can safely forget about leveling nitro further until I've cleared everything else off my plate. For instance, I have a T4 rare swift torp with dupes, a T4 rare bandage with 2 dupes, a T3 rare grenade launcher with 2 dupes, a level 11 rare Tess shield with 1 dupe (in anticipation of moving up to mk 6), etc. (I've either got the training for each of these or am close, so that's not an issue).

So, is the bump for a rare nitro from lvl 40 to lvl 50 (382% to 417%) negligible enough that I can drop it to the bottom of the list of priorities without second thought, even if I become a heavy user? Or is this, like life, more complicated than we wish?

wreck your day likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

Idk about anyone else or any other situations, BUT for me at least, nitro is at its best at epic t4. Rare t5 won't be worth it, I've been to rare t4 but never went t5 because the boost is not what defines nitro, it's CD

13. wcc634

wcc634 Member

Of course! That makes perfect (common) sense. Confirms my suspicion, but one step further. A fourth perk for CD reduction is the real goal. I've only got two epics, though, so I'll just have to make do with t4 for awhile. Thanks.

wreck your day and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    I'm not a "knowledgable person" hehe; just a fellow 'bayer' who enjoys the game! :p

1) Idk about the exact/estimated level. Leveling it up is helpful, though not as important as upgrading other items. However, letting it lag too far behind your other items is a disadvantage. So yes,
    2) Lol you upgraded an item to level 40 even though you never used it. I'd suggest you upgrade other 'higher priority' items that you're actively using now and leave the nitro for later. Even if you become a hardcore fan of it, a ~30% increase doesn't make that much of a difference, so using your parts and cells to level other items would be more worth it.

Last edited: 5 Aug 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. wcc634

wcc634 Member

Good. What I hoped and suspected to be the case. This, in conjunction with TheAntisnipe's point about cooldown reduction being of greater benefit than additional boost, makes a convincing case for sticking at 40 rare and waiting to see if some epics come along eventually. Thanks!

wreck your day and TheAntiSnipe like this.