1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Need another Auto-match system

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JoeySama, 4 Nov 2017.

1. JoeySama

JoeySama New Member

I'm a new comer and this is my noob suggestion maybe. I'm 30 years old and hardcore gamer. I have steady job and spent a lot of cash in games if it's worth it.
    I joined 3 days ago to battle bay. I was having so much fun at first when I was in low infamy. I mostly get 3-5 kills and 2+ stars. Love the graphics and everything. 2 days later, I got 1st place in challenger league with 690 infamy but I have only mk1 ships and captain lvl 10. It's impossible to kill or even do damage in high infamy battles. There's a lot mk3+ ships in 500+ infamy. They all have minimum captain lvl 20. I spent the whole day today battling in Infamy 450+ and realized "what am I doing here exactly? ". Because I can do nothing, my cannons don't do much damage anymore, my defense can't handle their attacks, huge HP gap, I got killed so easily with like 2 shots. Why am I in high infamy which I don't belong and deserve?? This is so wrong.
    No matter what I do, I die so easily, couldn't do damage much but still can't go under 400 infamy because my teams were good and winning. So what I pretty much doing is go to battles, let them slaughter me, watch the battles after death and hope for my team win. It's been like this over 100 battles which makes no sense and felt like I'm wasting my time.
    There is one way to stay in low infamy. It's to find fleets with low infamy which is not so easy. Also I have to lose the battles on purpose so that I can have fun and get a couple of fair fights later??? No way!
    So here is my some suggestions.
    There should be multiple battle match systems. For example, one to automatch with captain lvl. Then we can have fair battles and will be so much fun. Another one for infamy (original system as now) , to rise up in the league.
    For captain lvl matches, you could give us low gold or no stars, no pearls, can't do guild quests with it and so on. This is only for fair and fun fights.
    My another ideas is to give us infamy by the performance even if our team won instead of giving all same infamy points equally to the winners. For example, I got 0 star and did 0 damage in some battles but my team won. I don't deserve the infamy or only 1-5 infamy points. That would mess up with the current system tho.
    So my suggestion is to let us battle with same captain lvl players.
    Hoping the game will be so much fun. I'd be ending up spending my money in the future.

2. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

The problem is you get people like you, really skilled at captain lvl 10. But you get complete idiots with captain lvl 30+ .that's why they have the infamy system.
    But yeah right now you're out of your depth, but with time you'll level up and get stronger ships. Under 800 imfamy is hard. A lot of mixed players with different skill levels.
    My advice is just keep playing and leveling up :) you'll get there bud

ThatOnion and Mr. Chompers like this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You have to level up your crew and boat mk before you can move up much. This game is more of a who has higher level items rather than who is better at the game. Once you get the same item levels as everyone around you, if you are skilled enough you will surpass them

ThatOnion likes this.
  4. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    I’d like to give my opinion on this, copied from one of my other replies, hope it helps to explain.

4.Lack of skill in conjunction to lack of new players.

First of all, you need to understand how infamy works. It’s a point system that tells you how much you can contribute to winning the game, COMPARED against the other players.

If you’re bad at the game, your infamy will drop to a point where everyone is just as bad as you are. Eventually, you’ll be at a point where you’re matched with everyone being a lower tier ship than you.

The problem now is that there was a huge surge of new players in May 2017 due to global launch but not so many new players now.

So the Global Launch Players(Mk5s and Mk6s) who are bad will drop infamy to a point where the players are just as bad as them, but that point cannot be found easily with the current situation of a huge gap of mk1~mk4s, so the new players will run into HMLI, completely ruining their experience. Right now 500~2000 is completely a Chaotic Zone. It’s a vicious cycle.

Fix: There isn’t an easy fix, it’s a fundamental problem in population, similar to an Aging Society. Without the statistics of active players, I cannot determine if a better matchmaking algorithm is possible for the chaotic zone, if not, only thing they can do is completely redesign how infamy works or have more consistent new players. Otherwise there will be long term consequences.

5. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Right now the progression curve is way too long for a new player and it is continuing to grow steeper due to the phenomenon explained in my reply above. Something needs to be done. Maybe boosting captain experience.

6. N00BST4R

N00BST4R Member

I recently started playing Oct 30th, and encountered the exact same problem. My idea / suggestion is to have item / ship ceilings depending on League which would eventually be removed at a certain level. I haven't progressed beyond Warrior which is still awful competing against Mk4+. Example, someone with a Mk5 ship would still have its entire loadout intact and play in Challenger... but with caps in place. I'm not sure what the ideal level of competitive play is at that mark, but I began there with a Mk1 Shooter, Uncommon weapons, and anything above 1k HP was quite a bit for my weapons to compete against.

Keep in mind this is me brainstorming without doing any actual theory-crafting, but cap the weapons & items to T1 - a player with T2+ weapons in Challenger is pretty broken when they're Rare / Epic. Likewise cap the base ship HP to that of a Mk2 which is what I easily obtained while in that league. This still gives horrible players with strong items / weapons a distinct advantage without completely gutting the benefits of their progress.

No one should be getting 1 or 2 shot which was my experience while facing opponents who have 3-5x the HP.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Guys, this is something I've wanted to say for a long time. For their first 500 battles(yes, I came to this number by research, this is the average number of battles in which a player gets a mk3 due to guild quests) the players are UNRANKED, meaning that they don't have an infamy at all. If there are no other "new players" to fight these people, bots will be used.
    After these people get to mk3 OR they reach 500 battles, they are shifted into the "ranked" system, where infamy is considered.

Why?

In my opinion, the current "bot limit" has become too small, and people don't know what awaits them in the upper leagues. So why not keep a separate matchmaking for these guys with mk1 or 2 ships?

Devs, please tell me, I know this is tough to implement, but, is it a good solution? It's also a big rework of the infamy system.

I got the idea from Vainglory, where players are made to play casual till they hit level 10, to ensure they have grips on the game. Then they get moved up to ranked mode.